Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,622 members, 7,847,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Going To Work Seems Longer Than Coming Home - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Going To Work Seems Longer Than Coming Home (246 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Going To Work Seems Longer Than Coming Home by Researchclue: 11:35am On Mar 19, 2019
GOING TO WORK SEEMS LONGER THAN COMING HOME

The journey from home to an office or any other destination feels longer than the return trip, according to a series of studies. In one experiment with 127 undergraduates, for example, participants estimated that it took them an average of about 22 minutes to go from home to the classroom, but just 17 minutes to get back. The reason, the researchers suggest, maybe that people mentally define the destination “home” as a relatively large area and unfamiliar destinations as relatively small.

Harvard Business Review
www.researchclue.com

(1) (Reply)

Agriciltural Engineering / Why You Must Choose Business Over Career. / Fast Loan With No Extra Charges and fast Disbursement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.