Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,646 members, 7,955,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

The Best Ways To Create Effective Dialogue - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Best Ways To Create Effective Dialogue (213 Views)

IOC Must Dialogue With Us Over PIA ACT, Delta Community Tells Chevron / 30 Best Ways To Combat Unemployment In Nigeria / 5 Best Ways To Make Money Online As Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Ways To Create Effective Dialogue by IssacharProject: 2:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
The Best Ways to Create Effective Dialogue

As the author of 12 novels, including several bestsellers, I’ve found that the effective use of dialogue can greatly enhance your writing. Dialogue, when used correctly, can enhance your plot, make your characters come alive, and create tension and conflict, all key aspects in making your book a success. It also keeps your readers coming back for more.

Here are the best ways I’ve found to create effective dialogue:
Keep it Real

One of the key aspects of writing good dialogue is to make it sound like real people are talking with each other. A great way to learn this is by listening to how people talk. When I go to coffee shops and restaurants, I’ll listen to other people’s conversations. Not to spy on them, but to hear how they phrase things – you’ll notice right away that most conversations aren’t in full sentences – you’ll hear mono-syllables, half-sentences, phrases, arguments, etc. You’ll also pick up dialect and inflection.
Read more at; https://www.issacharprojects.com/the-best-ways-to-create-effective-dialogue/

(1) (Reply)

EXCELLENT 'entrepreneurship Project Topics And Materials. / This Is Why People Hire Me! Be Lu'creative. Attend May Marathon Training / Do You Own A Business? This Is For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.