Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

How Much Does It Cost To Start A Blog In Nigeria? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Does It Cost To Start A Blog In Nigeria? (1272 Views)

It Cost Facebook $22 Million To Keep Mark Zuckerberg Safe Last Year / How To Start An Educational Blog In Nigeria - Victorwinners.com / 6 Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Blog In 5 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Cost To Start A Blog In Nigeria? by champeeon(m): 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hi guys, I'm sure this topic must have been covered on Nairaland before but I will still like to ask.

I started a free blog two years ago. I intend to upgrade it this year and get my own custom domain name. However, the money I expected wasn't forthcoming so I decided to keep updating my free blog.

This evening, I wanted to make it look a little better; I wanted to make it more attractive and professional, but I ended up making it worse. Right now I have lost the zeal go work on the blog. I feel I should move to WordPress Now. I don't know if it's a better option.

If I want to start a blog in Nigeria in 2019, how much will it cost me? What will it take to host it and buy a domain name? Can WordPress host my blog for me?
What type of payment would I need to buy?
Please help me know how much to budget for getting the blog started.

Although I am not starting this blog to make money from it, I may make attempt but I am doing it solely to express myself.
I write motivational and self help post. I focus on teaching personal development.
This may give you clue on the type of hosting package I should get.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Start A Blog In Nigeria? by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
champeeon:
Hi guys, I'm sure this topic must have been covered on Nairaland before but I will still like to ask.

I started a free blog two years ago. I intend to upgrade it this year and get my own custom domain name. However, the money I expected wasn't forthcoming so I decided to keep updating my free blog.

This evening, I wanted to make it look a little better; I wanted to make it more attractive and professional, but I ended up making it worse. Right now I have lost the zeal go work on the blog. I feel I should move to WordPress Now. I don't know if it's a better option.

If I want to start a blog in Nigeria in 2019, how much will it cost me? What will it take to host it and buy a domain name? Can WordPress host my blog for me?

Although I am not starting this blog to make money from it, I may make attempt but I am doing it solely to express myself.
I write motivational and self help post. I focus on teaching personal development.
Unserious blogger, zero naira, semi serious blogger, 10 to 15k
Serious blogger, no fixed price cuz you'll have to pay for adverts and stuffs at first but blogging is definitely profitable if you are determined and serious about it.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Start A Blog In Nigeria? by Adekunlewrites(m): 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
It's nothing to feel bad about. Yes, I would advise you switch to WordPress because you'd enjoy it. It's easy to use, especially with the mobile app.

To host your blog, you may consider the following prices for different packages;

You may also contact me as I'd be glad to be of help. Cheers.�

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Start A Blog In Nigeria? by polimaf(m): 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
Since you're just starting I can share my hosting with you while you pay for your domain name.

when you have grown, you can move to your own hosting.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Start A Blog In Nigeria? by okiaso(m): 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
It'll cost you N15,000 only.
The above cost covers;
1. New Domain name registration/1 year.
2. Web hosting/1 year.
3. > WordPress contents transfer.
4. WordPress installation & configuration.
5. Technical support/1 year.
6. AdSense integration

If either you or anyone else is interested, please call me on +2348162672618.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Start A Blog In Nigeria? by sulaimon22: 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
Check this out

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Start A Blog In Nigeria? by Amowap2019(m): 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
20k or more depending on what u want

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Start A Blog In Nigeria? by hostkobo(m): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2019
champeeon:

Hi there,

With just N20K, you can get the following:
- domain registration
- premium webhosting 1-year
- Cpanel, Webmail,
- complete blog setup
- 247 technical support (focus on your content and we'll babysit your backend)

We are wordpress guru's, so its best to stick with HostKobo. We are good at what we do, no sweat.

drop a msg via whatsapp - details in my signature.

regards
HK

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Start A Blog In Nigeria? by ajasay3030(m): 11:40am On May 25, 2023
Check this article for how much a blog post costs.

https://writeseoblogs.com/how-much-does-a-blog-post-cost/

(1) (Reply)

Top List Of 2020 Best Free VPN Services For Anonymous Browsing / I Need Rough Estimate Of Getting Facebook Likes / HELP ME, I Want To Learn Web Designing And Blogging, How Do I Go About It Ooooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.