Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

My Two Cents On Racist Shi Shi Chinese Restaurant Ikeja - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Two Cents On Racist Shi Shi Chinese Restaurant Ikeja (470 Views)

Today, May 29, 2023, President, Muhammadu Buhari Passes The Baton Of Leader Shi / Has This Younger Generation Become Lazy ? My Two Cents / Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Two Cents On Racist Shi Shi Chinese Restaurant Ikeja by dantewest: 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2019
According to the restaurant director, a Nigerian who introduced himself as Mr. Niyi Adegbite, he claims “all over the world, Chinese restaurants are not open to every Tom, Dick and Harry.” However as someone who has spent time in Asia before, this claim is false. Chinese restaurant admits everyone from Americans to Europeans and to Africans.

Many Nigerians in Malaysia can attest to this, Malaysia is a diverse nation with Chinese, Indians and local Malays. However, Chinese restaurants serves Nigerians without been racist about entrance or service rules.

He did claim, the restaurant director, Mr Niyi Adegbite, that the Shi Shi Chinese Restaurant was open to the public.

When asked if Nigerians were allowed to patronise Shi Shi, Adegbite said, “Not really.”

Classic racial doublespeak.

The restaurant doesn’t look like a posh place to start with, it’s a bit on the average, bland with less elegance and the natural Chinese aura is almost forced compared to the bigger brand Chinese restaurants like Mr Chang in the highbrow area of Awolowo road, Ikoyi. Mr Chang is a class of it’s own and yet it’s not racist to their host Nigerians.

According to Nigerians who visits the restaurant said they were told ” The restaurant is exclusive meant for Chinese native living in Nigeria and is not open to “unaccompanied Black customers”.

Otite Date and other Lagos residents has accused a Chinese restaurant of racism against Nigerians.

It’s pretty clear that the restaurant has been denying service to Nigerians who ain’t accompanied by Chinese or Asian looking national. Personally, I can imagine the annoyance many Nigerians feel towards this because the cleaning staff and workers are Nigerian.

This begs the question, what’s the point opening a restaurant in another continent and deny your services to your host country, this is absurd.

Chairman Mao will not be pleased with this red menace in Ikeja and this is a given!
Re: My Two Cents On Racist Shi Shi Chinese Restaurant Ikeja by Baddiezz(f): 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
They can't try that BS in other countries
Re: My Two Cents On Racist Shi Shi Chinese Restaurant Ikeja by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
Why bother?

Shebi they will still pay tax and bills

(1) (Reply)

I Have Black Gold Stone For Sale / Have Any One Ever Heard Of Studio Press Nigeria Plc? / What Are The Best Means To Get Fake Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.