Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,472 members, 7,954,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

Aliko Dangote's Top 10 Rules For Success. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote's Top 10 Rules For Success. (412 Views)

Aliko Dangote And His Ex Wife Meet, Years After Divorce (Photos) / Photos Of Aliko Dangote's Former Wife And Fatima's Mother / Abdulrahman Fasasi: Aliko Dangote's Adopted Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote's Top 10 Rules For Success. by BigNeek(m): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2019
*Aliko Dangote 's Top 10 Rules For Success*

1. Good listener
You have to be a Good listener, you have to listen to a lot of advice , you have to brainstorm, also get input also from your team. In Aliko's words you know it has to be team work because there is no way you can make it alone as a person without a Good Team.

2. Consistent
When you start a business. You might have hiccups here and there that doesn't mean the business is not going to work. There must be challenges. In Aliko's words Life without Challenges is very very Boring. So if you have challenges know how to work around it and you will be successful. Once you have one or two problems and you want to change or move into another business that doesn't work at all for Success.

3. Possess the Right Information

Having the right information at your finger tips allows you to make decisions and take the right decisions. What I was doing five years ago without the automation we have today, it is not going to happen at all.

4. Be Focused
The Problem with some of our Younger Generation today is that they want to Jump⛹⛹‍♀�‍♂� up and See themselves Up there at the Top Overnight. It doesn't really happen. What you need to do is to be very very focused as a person and be very dedicated to whatever that you are doing. It is not good for you to dabble into something else and after a month say No it doesn't work. You should be focused you should not take your business or Job as something you must do. You must take it as part of your hobby, then you do better.

5. Think Ahead
What is good today may not be good tommorow. Sometimes you do quite a lot of diversification, you consolidate before you move forward. Over Expansion at times causes crisis.

6. Have a Vision
For You to leave something and start newly. You need a Vision and to be able to actualise the vision. Just like myself I went to addresses a retreat at first bank of Nigeria. I was telling them this is where Dangote Group will be in the next 5 years. I was not that big at that time and they couldn't believe what I was saying then and they were shocked and surprised how we were able to really make it happen and actualise our Vision. You can excel and as an entrepreneur you need to have a Vision and Mission and actualise it and also Excel at it. I never Expected to be at the Forbes billionaires list but today its my Vision to be at top list of the Forbes billionaires.

7. Do Only things You Understand. Any Business I don't understand it very well. I don't do it at all. That's really why we are successful.

8. Think Big.
To Be an Entrepreneur and Visionary Person. You have to be very very Bold. You have to be ready to take calculated risks. You have to think big ,if you think small you will always remain small in life.

9 . Form Strategic Plans

The way that we operate as a company at Dangote Group , we have a Vision and strategy we are going to operate. Which we normally do over a period of 5 years. We know where we are going. It is part of strategic plan to expand beyond Nigeria.

10. Your Name is Your most Valueable Asset

You have to make sure that you are honest, you don't have to destroy the name. Your name is very important. The most valueable asset you have is your name going forward. Even the banks won't even touch you at all. When you lack integrity. You must also believe that Nothing is impossible to actually to be able to Achieve that target.

Thanks for Your attention, Please Enjoy your day.

(1) (Reply)

Get 4% Discount on Cable TV, Electricity, Airtime, Internet, Spectranet & More / Build Your Music Career By Buying Youtube Music Video Promotion Services / Charcoal Delivery To Middle East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.