Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,100 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Kudos To Akeredolu For Honouring Agagu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kudos To Akeredolu For Honouring Agagu. (212 Views)

Groups Present N22.5m To Akeredolu For Nomination Form / APC NWC Suspends Akeredolu For Anti-party Activities / APC Queries Akeredolu For Working Against Party In National Assembly Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kudos To Akeredolu For Honouring Agagu. by adebayoabiola: 9:36am On Mar 20, 2019
Although, I may not be on the same page, politically, with Mr. Akeredolu, SAN, Governor of Ondo State, I wish, however, to commend him for the bold step taken in renaming OSUSTECH after late Dr. Olusegun Kokumo Agagu, former Governor of Ondo State. This is heart-warming and highly COMMENDABLE.

Dr. Olusegun Agagu put all selfish considerations aside in establishing the University in its present permanent location.

I was present in person at the event in Akure ( 2006) when late Agagu gave copious reasons why the University should be sited at the present location as against Iju-Odo, his home town, which his people earnestly desired. He was criticised, yet he stood his ground. He argued, very forcefully, that the present location is accessible to Okitipupa, Irele, Ese-Odo and Ilaje LGAs who are the primary beneficiaries of the University.

It is therefore reassuring that the present government in Ondo State is renaming that citadel of knowledge after the late erudite scholar, Dr. Olusegun Kokumo Agagu.

I sincerely commend Arakunrin Akeredolu, SAN for this bold step.

I also notice that since this administration came on board, the University that was neglected for eight (cool solid years has won a good look in terms of infrastructural development. This is very encouraging.

Dr Benson Enikuomehin, FCPA.

(1) (Reply)

I Remain In PDP –jimi Agbaje / When Campbell Is Bad News For America By David Onmeje / Akeredolu To Immortalise Agagu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.