Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite - Jobs/Vacancies (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite (207585 Views)

Fidelity Bank 2019 Digital Trainee. Gather Here. / Access Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Program - This One Is Different! / Union Bank 2019 Management Trainee Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by kaka22(m): 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
goldimx:

Yh, Ecobank pays 104k (net) for 1 year including training school.
230k (gross) afta one year, dnt knw d net
GTB pays around 204k net, Access 234k (I heard it has been increased), Union Bank 198k net... I think First Bank can do better...

1 Like

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Svelte98(f): 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
goldimx:

Nt wen ur t-fare exceed 14k monthly
Nawa oo. Lagos sha shocked
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by smartkester(m): 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hello people how is it going the thread is quiet. No news
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Sonship9: 10:09am On Jun 14, 2019
smartkester:
Hello people how is it going the thread is quiet. No news

Latest information reaching me is that mails will roll in latest Monday. Just know that between now and Monday, you'd all be given positive feedbacks.

My source is classified as I earlier said. Spoke with them shortly yesterday on phone.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 14, 2019
Union pays 220k after confirmation ooo

kaka22:

GTB pays around 204k net, Access 234k (I heard it has been increased), Union Bank 198k net... I think First Bank can do better...

1 Like

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Luckyomon(m): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2019
Sonship9:

Latest information reaching me is that mails will roll in latest Monday. Just know that between now and Monday, you'd all be given positive feedbacks.

My source is classified as I earlier said. Spoke with them shortly yesterday on phone.
Yes ooo...I am patiently waiting.

1 Like

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Sonship9: 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2019
Tifalf14:
Union pays 220k after confirmation ooo

Whatsoever be the case, am sure we'd known all these things with time, and am sure it's going to be a good package. For now, the most important thing is the training school mail, as most of us, this is our pathway to leading a good professional life in years to come. That's the most important thing here.

So, let's just all keep our fingers crossed. God will help us all! Amen!

2 Likes

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by tobasamuels: 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2019
Access now pays about 250 for the same GT or ET as they call it.

kaka22:

1 Like

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by AbahAbah: 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
tobasamuels:
Access now pays about 250 for the same GT or ET as they call it.

you people keep working the nature of the work and the working conditions in access. Lol
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by tobasamuels: 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2019
From what I've heard and seen, it's not that terrible. You go in to work and do what you need to do. Barely any Saturday work. Promotions aren't that quick and they are quite competitive but when your counterparts in other Banks will have to move like 3 steps to get the same remuneration it doesn't seem so bad. All these of course has to do with head office work and it's anecdotal at best. The most important thing is some people have okay working condition and earn that much while you don't know what you're getting and you still don't earn as much.

At the end of the day, I'd rather cry and be frustrated in a brand new oye tight Kia Rio than be less frustrated inside Keke. You see people in Keke cannot tell if you're crying or if it's the hot sun.

AbahAbah:
you people keep working the nature of the work and the working conditions in access. Lol

2 Likes

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by AbahAbah: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2019
tobasamuels:
From what I've heard and seen, it's not that terrible. You go in to work and do what you need to do. Barely any Saturday work. Promotions aren't that quick and they are quite competitive but when your counterparts in other Banks will have to move like 3 steps to get the same remuneration it doesn't seem so bad. All these of course has to do with head office work and it's anecdotal at best. The most important thing is some people have okay working condition and earn that much while you don't know what you're getting and you still don't earn as much.

At the end of the day, I'd rather cry and be frustrated in a brand new oye tight Kia Rio than be less frustrated inside Keke. You see people in Keke cannot tell if you're crying or if it's the hot sun.

lol... Oya turn down first banks offer and apply for access bank next year.
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by tobasamuels: 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2019
That's not the point chief, it's a discussion, back and forth, point and counter, sally and rejoinder.
You mentioned the workload and I brought points why the money makes the stress worth it.

You could have responded with your points e.g
1. Quality of life without all the stress
2. Money is not everything as work-life balance is also important
3. Unrealistic targets push people to increasingly troubling acts of desperation

And so on....

AbahAbah:
lol... Oya turn down first banks offer and apply for access bank next year.

1 Like

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by AbahAbah: 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2019
tobasamuels:
That's not the point chief, it's a discussion, back and forth, point and counter, sally and rejoinder.
You mentioned the workload and I brought points why the money makes the stress worth it.

3. Unrealistic targets push people to increasingly troubling acts of desperation

And so on....
You already knew all this things I assumed.
The thing is that we can take what we have and hope for better as we work up to the pyramid whether with fbn or another company. Truth is the money is small compared to others but even the others are looking at others and saying this our pay is small.
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by katukameshack(m): 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2019
tobasamuels:

And so on....

Sometimes, it's not all about the money... I got an offer for Access Bank Executive Trainee in 2017. The process started with an aptitude test to a panel interview then a video conference interview and finally a one on one interview with a senior HR representative that came from their headquarters. Medicals eventually followed and then the offer came. The process lasted for about 6-7 months I think.

When the success mail came, I was given a task they called "Final Assessment". In this final assessment, I was given 10 account opening forms to ensure that ten people open accounts with them depositing a minimum of 200k per person within 5 working days. Yes this was not a marketing position; it was an executive trainee position (what we are calling graduate trainee position here).

If I can't bring the 10 people, I was given an option of bringing a single person to fix 5million naira for six months. That is a compulsory precondition to be fulfilled before attending training school and it must be completed within 5 working days.

I was given some forms to fill and amongst the many forms included:

- Bond of Training Form- on this form, I was to co-sign it with a guarantor that is either a level 16 civil servant, a manager in a multinational organisation, Blue chip company or a commercial bank. On this form, I'm signing jointly with the guarantor that I'm not leaving access bank the moment I report to training school for two years. Any attempt to leave, even if it's a job with world bank, both I and the guarantor will pay the bank 2million naira.

- Bond of Fidelity- on this bond, I'll present a guarantor who has a minimum balance of 2 million naira in his account with transaction worth 5million naira in his account over the past six months. Here , we are signing that any losses I incur to the bank during my period of service will be jointly paid by the both of us.

I was able to mobilise the 10 ppl to open the accounts but told them not to deposit yet until I take a decision whether to accept the offer or not.

When someone told me that I will be mandated to take a car loan which will be probably be a Hyundai or a KIA worth 5million after training school to be paid in 5 years unless I show them evidence of having a not more than 6 months old car, I realised they wanted to tie me down.

I rejected the offer, dropped the microphone and left the stage.

Firstbank does not have such unrealistic conditions. Their is more Job security for Firstbank Staff in comparison to other banks . Though the salary is a bit low, should you be called for training, kindly appreciate remembering the long queue u saw on the date of aptitude test but could not be called for AC. Appreciate the almighty for receiving the mail for medicals amidst many who are still expecting.

Life is one step at a time

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Tunesh(m): 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2019
katukameshack:

Sometimes, it's not all about the money... I got an offer for Access Bank Executive Trainee in 2017. The process started with an aptitude test to a panel interview then a video conference interview and finally a one on one interview with a senior HR representative that came from their headquarters. Medicals eventually followed and then the offer came. The process lasted for about 6-7 months I think.

When the success mail came, I was given a task they called "Final Assessment". In this final assessment, I was given 10 account opening forms to ensure that ten people open accounts with them depositing a minimum of 200k per person within 5 working days. Yes this was not a marketing position; it was an executive trainee position (what we are calling graduate trainee position here).

If I can't bring the 10 people, I was given an option of bringing a single person to fix 5million naira for six months. That is a compulsory precondition to be fulfilled before attending training school and it must be completed within 5 working days.

- Bond of Training Form- on this form, I was to co-sign it with a guarantor that is either a level 16 civil servant, a manager in a multinational organisation, Blue chip company or a commercial bank. On this form, I'm signing jointly with the guarantor that I'm not leaving access bank the moment I report to training school for two years. Any attempt to leave, even if it's a job with world bank, both I and the guarantor will pay the bank 2million naira.

- Bond of Fidelity- on this bond, I'll present a guarantor who has a minimum balance of 2 million naira in his account with transaction worth 5million naira in his account over the past six months. Here , we are signing that any losses I incur to the bank during my period of service will be jointly paid by the both of us.

I was able to mobilise the 10 ppl to open the accounts but told them not to deposit yet until I take a decision whether to accept the offer or not.

When someone told me that I will be mandated to take a car loan which will be probably be a Hyundai or a KIA worth 5million after training school to be paid in 5 years unless I show them evidence of having a not more than 6 months old car, I realised they wanted to tie me down.

Firstbank does not have such unrealistic conditions. Their is more Job security for Firstbank Staff in comparison to other banks . Though the salary is a bit low, should you be called for training, kindly appreciate remembering the long queue u saw on the date of aptitude test but could not be called for AC. Appreciate the almighty for receiving the mail for medicals amidst many who are still expecting.

Just on point.
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2019
katukameshack:

God bless you Sir.
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Qualcoms(m): 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
Honestly, when I read tobasamuels' post... I would av just appreciated it if he was showing his literally skills but wasn't impressed anymore because the comment wasn't subjective or objective enough.

You haven't actually made enough finding n u are evaluating FBN pays to other Banks. I am not criticizing u here bro... neither am I expecting word lines from u.

And, it's quiet unhealthy to compare the pays because the bank that seems to be on the low side has the way they balance up to give good measures back to their staff compared to others. Just like the 5years, 5M car deal which will tie you down, won't u prefer it to simply get a car loan, where u can pay at rest n buy a car of your choice, comparing several factors like the road we have in this country, fuel consumption, easy access to repair etc.

Please, let's be more holistic n analytical before drawing out comment. This is a social world.

And much more, be appreciative. Remember passion is what brought you thus far... this passion will put you far ahead n wide one day n u will enjoy much more than you worth then!

Gracias!

#Thisisateam! #teamFBN

1 Like

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Luckyomon(m): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2019
Sonship9:

bros this your classified source no follow again oo... Information reaching me is that they are still not done with medicals and documentations and they are not yet certain when training school will start. It could be in 2 weeks or more.. cheesy The mails may not drop by Monday. NB: quoted someone who called in my group.
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by goldimx: 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2019
Yh, i heard abt d Access bank stuff.
U did nt finish story
Thy still drop pple afta training sch ooh i.e. d cut off marks in d exams thy write in d training sch is high. I knw a brilliant dude dt got dropped
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by mbukun: 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
Lool, I hope they closed the accounts he opened and gave them their money back
goldimx:
U did nt finish story
Thy still drop pple afta training sch ooh i.e. d cut off marks in d exams thy write in d training sch is high. I knw a brilliant dude dt got dropped

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by goldimx: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2019
mbukun:
Lool, I hope they closed the accounts he opened and gave them their money back
Lol, thy ar customers of d bank already. So its btwn d bank nd its customers nw
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by AbahAbah: 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2019
Luckyomon:
bros this your classified source no follow again oo... Information reaching me is that they are still not done with medicals and documentations and they are not yet certain when training school will start. It could be in 2 weeks or more.. cheesy The mails may not drop by Monday. NB: quoted someone who called in my group.
all this informations �� ahhhh abeg na �
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Tunesh(m): 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
AbahAbah:
all this informations �� ahhhh abeg na �

I tire ooo
Classified and unclassified sources
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by tobasamuels: 6:58am On Jun 15, 2019
Now this is how you come back grin. You give points and butress with personal experience.

You were very logical till you got to the end of the post with that bit about being appreciative. You weighed your options and looked at what you stood to gain and loose before you made a decision based on facts not emotion, you didn't bother about how appreciative you were when you turned down the access Job.

In response to your comment, for you it wasn't about the money, but different people have different reasons why they want work at a point in time. It might be for the money or prestige or growth potential. You don't know why a person needs a job, they could have a sick sibling or mother and growth isn't what they'd use to treat it.

Regardless, your comment was a good come back and your points were well put together. Thanks

katukameshack:

1 Like

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by tobasamuels: 7:01am On Jun 15, 2019
Yeah the cutoff as far as I know is 60. FBN according to 2016 thread is 75. The difference is that people get dropped every couple of weeks in access and your score might play a part in where you get posted to, location and unit.
I'm sorry about the brilliant guy but maybe his brilliance was in another field?

goldimx:
U did nt finish story
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by akins56(m): 7:45am On Jun 15, 2019
Luckyomon:
is this true..? pls if its not , refrain from posting fake information. Alot of people here are making very important decisions based on information they get from here and your claims on D and M is laughable.

1 Like

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by tobasamuels: 8:03am On Jun 15, 2019
Hi, this is quite honestly just passive aggressive. If I wasn't subjective in my arguments, I would have to be objective I don't understand how I can be neither.

I get if you say you don't want to critique but saying you weren't impressed is by definition criticizing. This I don't mind, what I have an issue with is not touching on any points and making your comments. If I don't know enough about FBN v other pay then let me know.

That said, I believe very strongly in being analytical and not overly emotional the point of this discussion is so that those that have multiple offers or those that will read this in the future can make informed decisions based on facts as observed by us. What katukameshak wrote is so detailed that anyone considering access will see it and know what they are in for, that's what this discussion has birth.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with comparing pay, I know we are entry-level but that doesn't mean you have to be like sheep led to the slaughter ready to receive anything. You mentioned what FBN brings as compensation but you haven't itemized what it is or how long it takes to get it. Is it target based or unit based?

For anyone worried now and future, I know of 3 different ETs who left and are still alive, one went to FBN, another to the Obodo and a third to one of the big four. What that means for the first person is they get in at a higher pay than what a counterpart with the same number of years gets and using a new car has to be one of the best feelings in the world. Those I know swear by it, they start the car and move no need to warm for 2 days before they move or check oil every 3 minutes. The fuel economy on the Kia Rio isn't too shabby, it doesn't have that many horses.

Finally chief, passion is not why I'm doing this, I can't be passionate when I don't know what I'll be doing yet, it's a job. Excellence is what they require from you, excellence of thought, speech and on the job, they reward that excellence with good pay and benefits, pandering gets you nowhere.

Once more I'm grateful for getting this far and I appreciate all the bank and the recruitment partners have done in making sure the process is clear (seeing your scores after the aptitude test) and comfortable, but the bank doesn't run a charity organisation, they selected you because first you passed an aptitude test they set, then you passed the assessment center and medicals then training school which is another hurdle. It's not too much to ask to know how much will be coming in at the end of it all or what benefits will be accrued.

Selah.

Qualcoms:
Honestly, when I read tobasamuels' post... I would av just appreciated it if he was showing his literally skills but wasn't impressed anymore because the comment wasn't subjective or objective enough.

You haven't actually made enough finding n u are evaluating FBN pays to other Banks. I am not criticizing u here bro... neither am I expecting word lines from u.

And, it's quiet unhealthy to compare the pays because the bank that seems to be on the low side has the way they balance up to give good measures back to their staff compared to others. Just like the 5years, 5M car deal which will tie you down, won't u prefer it to simply get a car loan, where u can pay at rest n buy a car of your choice, comparing several factors like the road we have in this country, fuel consumption, easy access to repair etc.

Please, let's be more holistic n analytical before drawing out comment. This is a social world.

And much more, be appreciative. Remember passion is what brought you thus far... this passion will put you far ahead n wide one day n u will enjoy much more than you worth then!

Gracias!

#Thisisateam! #teamFBN

2 Likes

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by JASPERJOSH(m): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2019
All these issue about salary. You guys should calm down. We have not even resumed yet, there is always a time for little beginning. People are doing jobs they are paid 50k and they are grateful and planning to grow . You are blessed you are about to start working in an organisation that can give you up to 150k. Definitely other companies will pay more. But check you must start from somewhere. Firstbank is not a bad place to start. Not all of us here will be in first bank in the next ten years. Let's be grateful that out of the high population that applied we were singled out. It is a blessing. Let's be contented and grateful with what we have.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Svelte98(f): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2019
While we're waiting for the TS mail to drop, I'll like to share a link to a thread that I stumbled on here on Nairaland. Its very insightful and its just 9 pages.

https://www.nairaland.com/2643185/bankers-ex-bankers-bankers/1

1 Like

Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by AbahAbah: 10:41am On Jun 15, 2019
Svelte98:
While we're waiting for the TS mail to drop, I'll like to share a link to a thread that I stumbled on here on Nairaland. Its very insightful and its just 9 pages.

https://www.nairaland.com/2643185/bankers-ex-bankers-bankers/1
the first two pages are de motivating tho.
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by Svelte98(f): 10:55am On Jun 15, 2019
AbahAbah:
the first two pages are de motivating tho.
cheesy cheesy I know but just keep reading. The thing is despite some of the "demotivating" comments, there are really good lessons and advice shared. So just focus on them.
Re: First Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invite by mbukun: 11:31am On Jun 15, 2019
Well, from my deductions, most people complaining were contract staff. The core staff had a kind of happy ending, so we are good to go �
Svelte98:
cheesy cheesy I know but just keep reading. The thing is despite some of the "demotivating" comments, there are really good lessons and advice shared. So just focus on them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (71) (Reply)

Nnpc Recruitment Interview / Check This List, If Your Name Is Here, Then Get Ready / Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.