Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Top 35 (FREE) WordPress Website Project Tools That Will Give You 500% Success - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top 35 (FREE) WordPress Website Project Tools That Will Give You 500% Success (750 Views)

10 Local SEO Tools That Can Help Improve Your Google Rankings / We Need Help With Our Website Project! / Get Your Website Project Handled By Professionals. You Wont Be Dissapointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 35 (FREE) WordPress Website Project Tools That Will Give You 500% Success by Isuachrist: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2019
Okay, thank you for reading one of the daunting articles here that gave me a long ranch of time to put up which is how to avoid the mistake I made while building my online project – website.
The good thing about this is that 99% of them are free to use. So, you are just a click away from having these tools on your personal website.

WORDPRESS WEBSITE PROJECT TOOLS FOR 500% SUCCESS

Using the following tools means that a framework had enabled them which is WordPress.org

And if it were not for WordPress.org, we might have not had all the free tools we shall be talking about.

And the surprising thing is that we still have thousands of them in stock. But the question is, how do you know the ones you need to use side-by-side?

Why Use Them Side-By-Side?

When you install a WordPress tool that is incompatible either with your theme or other tools, you might break down your website – (called – Game of thrones or WWE Raw)

And for you to be free from that, use a child theme (guide coming soon) – a replica of your website theme and also you want to minimize the plugins you might have installed.

And thirdly, you want to uninstalled and delete the WordPress tool you are not making use of.

With that, you can save yourself the headache of spying on YouTube videos on how to bring back your site back to life.

Your Site Being Down?

I don’t know why it might be down, but if you use a tool like Cloudflare, the chances are minimized.

WORDPRESS WEBSITE PROJECT TOOLS FOR 500% SUCCESS IN 2018

PART 1: BASIC WORDPRESS WEBSITE PROJECT TOOLS
#1. Akismet Anti-Spam

Akismet Anti-Spam is a major website project tool that is so important. It functions has seen the user-base grow to millions.

What it Does?

Akismet is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from spam.

It keeps your site protected even while you sleep. Just Block all got dammm spammers. �

To get started, all you need to do is go to your Akismet Settings page to set up your API key.

When done correctly, you are good to go.

Cost of getting Akismet?

The basic Akismet is free, ya. Get it for free.

#2. Jetpack by

Like Akismet Anti-Spam, Jetpack is also a major WordPress tool that is not just necessary but a must (if you ask me).

What it Does?

This tool brings the power of the cloud to your self-hosted WordPress.

I mean, Jetpack enables you to connect your blog to a account to use the powerful features normally only available to users.

If you ask me, I will tell you it is quite important to work on your website.

Note: there are some hosting companies outside Bluehost and A2 you might use such that Jetpack won’t be allowed to be installed – from a case study.

Cost of getting Jetpack?

The basic Jetpack is free to get you started. Get it for free.

#3. Yoast SEO

Yoast is so important if you are a student to SEO (search engine optimization).

This means, if you use SEO correctly, your contents (blog posts) will be optimized to be shown on Google first page – it damms feels good mostly as a beginner or a new website.

What it Does?

Yoast allows you to see what your contents will be like on Google page. I mean, how it will appear.

Again, this tool allows you to optimize your contents by telling you how good the optimization is.

Side Talk…

As a beginner and from my experience, do not focus more on optimization. Just focus on building your website’s traffic.

Why?

As a beginner, I never did nor worry much SEO in 2017 when I got my POSTS ranked on Page 1 – it was the reads and engagements.

Other add-ons with Yoast are on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and much more.

Cost of getting Yoast?

Yoast is a pretty tool that has a premium tag but as a beginner, the free one is great for you.

Get Yoast for free.

#4. Google Analytics

Okay, this is also a basic website project tool you want to have in your arsenal.

What it Does?

It allows you to see how you are doing. I mean, you can see the number of visitors, sources, reactions, and linking domains to your website.

Note: to get it right, you want to set it up.

Cost of getting Google Analytics?

Google Analytics is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get Google Analytics for free

Side Talk…

About Google Analytics?

Apart from knowing how you are doing, I think this is a little pretty distractive tool that might make you anxious, worried, and devastated if you are not getting early visitors to your website.

So, having been there, all I now do is check it at the end of the month to really see how I am doing. Else, if you focus too much, you might give up.

#5. Google Webmasters

Like Google Analytics, Google had prepared this tool for you to be guided.

With it, you can easily verify your sitemap, check crawling errors, and other modifications.

Cost of getting Google Webmasters?

Google Webmasters is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get Google Webmasters for free

You need BingWebmasters too

#6. Child Themify

I cannot just list this tool number 15 or 20 because? It is fricking important.

I never knew about it, and you can imagine, it has a very low download.

I tell you, I thanked God more when and after I used this tool.

What it Does?

With Child Themify, you can easily create a child theme for your website.

Why do you need a child theme for your website?

Total Cache

Because, if you want to customize it as you want, you definitely won’t be affected if the theme is updated from say, version 2 to 2.6.

So, with child themify, you need just about 6 clicks and you are on to get your child theme for your website theme ready.

Cost Of Getting Child Themify?

Child Themify is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get Child Themify on WordPress.org

PART 2: SECURITY PROJECT TOOLS
#1. WPS Hide Login

Not very important if you do not expect to be hacked. But it is if you want to be security conscious.

What it Does?

WPS Hide Login will help protect your website by changing the Admin – Login URL and preventing access to wp-login.php page and wp-admin directory while not logged-in.

How it Works

Let’s say your websites’ Admin/Login URL is https://mycryptospace /wp-admin/. You know, someone can mimic that URL and want to hack into your website.

So, what WPS Hide Login tool does is to change the above URL to a customized one.

For an example, instead of https://mycryptospace /wp-admin/, you can set your WordPress admin login URL to https://mycryptospace/&=d@

With that, you know your website will be safer, right?

Cost of Getting WPS Hide Login?

WPS Hide Login is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get WPS Hide Login for free

#2. Wordfence Security

Wordfence is a great and a must tool for your website.

What It Does?

Wordfence Security acts as an Anti-virus, Firewall and Malware Scan. With it, you can do a lot than the 3 I have listed.

If you set it up correctly, you can get notifications when you sign in to your WordPress sites.

SideTalk…

If you use the default Wordfence Security tool settings and you are not using an unlimited Database hosting company, then, it can slow down your website.

So, it is ethical you use a good hosting company. The ones (hosts) that can handle this is already listed and further down.

Cost of Getting Wordfence?

Wordfence is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get Wordfence for free

#3. All-in-One WP Migration

Not really a security-based tool, but it is a major tool that will surely help you when wanting to migrate your website to another host/platform.

What It Does?

It is a migration tool for all your blog data.

What it does is to allow you Import or Export your blog content with a single click. (To another host/platform).

Cost of Getting All-in-One WP Migration?

Anyway, All-in-One WP Migration is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get All-in-One WP Migration for free

PART 3: SPEED OPTIMIZATION PROJECT TOOLS
At times, your website might be dull or delay in loading.

Basically, you cannot do anything about it sometimes if there are many files. But there is a way out. The following tools will help you out.

#1. a3 Lazy Load

Wonderful and useful website tool.

What It Does?

a3 Lazy Load helps to speed up your site and enhance the frontend user’s visual experience in PC’s, Tablets and mobile with a3 Lazy Load.

Okay, should you not understand the above tenses?

The simple explanation is that. With a3 Lazy Load, your website will load faster.

Now, when a reader/visitor loads your content page with images, all the images won’t load at once, but until the readers scroll down as it loads side-by-side.

Cost of Getting a3 Lazy Load

a3 Lazy Load is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get a3 Lazy Load for free

#2. WP-Optimize

Like Lazy load, WP-Optimize will optimize your website and make it faster.

With it, you can clean up your database easily and safely, without manual queries.

Cost of Getting WP-Optimize

WP-Optimize is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get WP-Optimize for free

#3. W3 Total Cache

There are many types of caching tools. These tools still help to speed up your website.

If you are using SiteGround, you have a preinstalled tools for caching.

With Bluehost and A2, you need another tool like W3 Total Cache to help speed up your website.

But not dearly with A2. A2 has a 20X Speed booster, so, no need for Total Cache worries.

Cost of Getting WP-Optimize

The basic Total Cache is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get W3 Total Cache at WordPress.org

#4 .Cloudflare

Cloudflare CDN service is an excellent add-on to your hosting, especially because it’s free.

It also has a paid plan.

What It Does?

It makes your site faster, more secure and allows you to get more visitors while not paying for more hosting.

Get Cloudflare

#5. Smush

Smush is a very important tool for image resizing thereby enhancing loading speed. The tool is from WPMU DEV.

What It Does?

Smush will reduce image file sizes, improve performance and boost your SEO.

Cost of Getting Smush

The basic Smush is free but a premium will give you more options. Nevertheless, you can get it started on your website.

Get Smush for free

#6. Heartbeat Control

I don’t use it any longer because the above ones above do the work perfectly. But if you want, Heartbeat Control will completely control your WordPress heartbeat (like Jack and Jill fighting and pumping like Bitcoin).

Cost of Getting Heartbeat Control

Heartbeat Control is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get Heartbeat Control for free

PART 4: LIFE -WIRE WORDPRESS PROJECT TOOLS
If you really want to get your website up and running, then you need the about-to tools.

#1. Broken Link Checker

Very important.

This is a tool that will make a rundown check on your blog for broken links and missing images. When found, the tool will notify you on the dashboard if any are found.

Why care about Broken Links?

Okay, this can hurt your ranking based on fallen/dead links and can encourage bounce rate to be at peak.

Cost of Getting Broken Link Checker

Broken Link Checker is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get Broken Link Checker at WordPress.org

#2. Head & Footer Code

If you are not a coding savvy, you need Head & Footer Code to properly insert ads and HTML codes in your WordPress website.

You can use this tool to verify your Google AdSense account, Google Webmaster and more.

If you ask me, I would say, get Head & Footer Code

Cost of Getting Head & Footer Code

Head & Footer Code is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get Head & Footer Code for free

PART 5: LEAD MAGNETS AND NEWSLETTERS TOOLS
Below are the tools you can use and increase your member base by capturing their emails.

Through these tools, you can get started and send your subscribers newsletters for free (when the member list is not much).

#1. SumoMe

This is a very important lead capturing and newsletter tool. With it, you can see the top of this website. I get a relative number of emails using it.

I cannot explain all the options SumoMe has to offer. The only way out is seeing it yourself.

Cost of Getting SumoMe

SumoMe is free, so, you can get it started on your website.

Get SumoMe for free

#2. MailChimp

Like SumoMe, you can use MailChimp effectively.

The advantage of MailChimp is that you can send free emails to your list as far as they are not more than 2,000.

So, send free emails to your list at <2001.

Again, know that you can integrate MailChimp with SumoMe.

When done correctly, when an email is collected by SumoMe, it goes straight to MailChimp account without you having to import it from scratch/manually.

Cost of Getting MailChimp

MailChimp for beginners is free (<2001 list members), so, you can get it started on your website.

Get MailChimp for free

#3. UpScri.be

This is the simplest of it all. Just customize it under 3 minutes and you have a great email sign up tool.

Cost of Getting UpScri.be

UpScri.be for beginners is free. A custom signup form last for about 14 days.

After that, the company name/brand will be shown at the bottom, and you can no longer customize it as well.

So, you can get it started on your website.

Get UpScri.be for free

PART 6: ARTICLES MODIFIERS
The following are what you need to get on with writing incredible contents for your readers.

#1. Grammerly

This is a tool that corrects your post constructions – spellings and errors.

I don’t know how effective this tool is, but I really struggle at times because I write long contents. Meaning, some constructions can be overlooked negligibly.

Be it as it may, you need Grammarly because it is free (basic), to get started.

Get Grammarly for free

#2. MS Word or Notepad.

I don’t know how you want to use this, but what I do is write on MS word, then copy and paste in my WordPress editor before editing it further (more below).

So, if you are using MAC, you can use an equivalent to MSWORD.

Evernote is great too but it will cost you some dime…So, you want to use a free tool to write on, then to WP Editor, and then to Grammarly before publishing.

MS Word or Notepad is free.

#3. Canva

This is a tool that I am most fortunate to use. Just a great version of Corel Draw or Photoshop (not deeply).

With Canva, you can customize your images if you really want to use it that way.

Canva is free but if you want to use premium images from the website, you will have to pay $1 only for each of them.

Get Canva for free

#4. VectorStock

This is a nice place to get nice images. I don’t use it often though since I am a fan of custom images.

This tool is free but there are freemium contents. It is just worth it if you check it out.

Get VectorStock for free

#5. Pixabay

Popular and useful.

You can get nice and free images at Pixabay for your blog images.

Get Pixabay for free

#6. Table of Contents Plus

I don’t know if you need a table of contents. But if you need one, Table of Contents Plus is the right tool.

Get Table of Contents Plus for free

#7. TinyMCE Advanced

Perhaps you have observed some emoji in our posts. They come from the usage of TinyMCE Advanced.

This – � � �

And do not allow the advanced to scare you because it is still free.

Get TinyMCE Advanced for free

#8. Max Buttons

Will you ever want to build buttons with links embedded? If yes, you want to use Max Buttons.

It is organized and easy to use.

Get Max Buttons for free

#9. Google Typography

I love quality TOOLS/STARTUPS and I go for what I want.

If you are like me, you can play around with the font of your websites. And a tool to help you do that is Google Typography.

With it, you can easily, I mean, easily select any type of font you want – as far as it is free – google fonts.

Get Google Typography for free

Side Talk…

I have realized that there is no need to go for a premium fonts unless you have tested all the free tools that come with Google Typography without satisfaction.

#10. Better Click To Tweet

Just a copy and paste text tool to tweet.

You need Better Click To Tweet if you always want your readers to tweet a point of emphasis.

Like, these are the top cryptocurrencies to buy and trade in September 2018.

Get Better Click To Tweet for free

#11. Page Builder by SiteOrigin

I almost forgot Page Builder by SiteOrigin.

As a beginner, you might not need Page Builder by SiteOrigin but it is very important if you can use it from the start.

What it Does?

It is a drag and drop, but responsive page builder that simplifies building your website.

In case you are confused, just know that with SiteOrigin, you can build a customized homepage/buttons which are very cute to behold.

And when you download it, make sure to also download SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle (they work hand-in-hand).

Get SiteOrigin for free

#12. AdSense Integration WP QUADS

This is a money making tool.

I mean, if you would love to start making money with Google AdSense or any ads company, you might want to use AdSense Integration WP QUADS.

What it Does?

AdSense Integration WP QUADS will help you insert Google AdSense and other ad formats fully automatic into your website.

There is a freemium version of AdSense Integration WP QUADS but with the free version, you are just free to fly as a bird.

Get AdSense Integration WP QUADS for free.

Other posts

#1. Tutorial: How To Easily Create A Wordpress Child Theme in 3 Minutes

#2. How To Optimize Your Website And Blog Speed At 80% Using FREE Cloudflare CDN

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Web Masters Come In Here (wordpress) / UX/UI Design Pro / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.