Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

A Message To My Mother (short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Message To My Mother (short Story) (725 Views)

Behind The Mask - A Short Story / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) / The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Message To My Mother (short Story) by Charlesdonald(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2019
Dear Emeka

I write to you with a heart full of joy and happiness that on this day I can get hold of breath and send this letter of roses in thorns to you.

I want you to sent this same message of hope to my mother, I should have done this directly to her but I want you to bear the burden for me and let her see only the joy.

Tell mum that I’m fine and I love her from my heart and soul, nothing on earth can make me forget her cries and suffering just to see me through. My going to London wouldn’t have been possible without her

Her efforts brought me here. Tell her that I sent my gratitude to her for selling all her hollandaise wrapper, jewelries and even the small piece of land papa left for us before he died just to push me out for a greener pasture here in London.

Tell her that I cannot forget all the money she borrowed from her village meeting and friends that was swindled by scammers at her first attempt to send me here.

For all the love she gave me, I say; I don’t mind dying just to make her happy. If it warrant going to the moon to make her happy, then she should see me dangling in the sun already.

Emeka tell her that I sent about 10,000 dollars to her through western union and also help her get it out. Tell her to use the money to pay for all the dept and also make sure that my little siblings are back to school.

Tell her to look for a comfortable apartment in the island or perhaps help her look for it. When you see one, pay for it because I will be sending 15,000 dollars by next month.

Tell her not to worry about me, tell her that where I am now there is no phone since we are foreigners, that we aren’t allowed to use phones and wouldn’t want to stress her in trying to get my mails, I will still be sending it to you, Emeka but as for money, I would send directly.

Tell her I love her and I miss the family but please don’t tell her I’m in jail.

Story Source: http://charlesdonaldfreeman.com.ng/a-message-to-my-mother/

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Mother (short Story) by becca2017(f): 8:34am On Mar 21, 2019
Awwwww so emotional..

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Mother (short Story) by Charlesdonald(m): 9:43am On Mar 23, 2019
becca2017:
Awwwww so emotional..
thanks so much i appreciate
Re: A Message To My Mother (short Story) by becca2017(f): 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
Charlesdonald:
thanks so much i appreciate

You're welcome..
Re: A Message To My Mother (short Story) by Timantech(m): 10:07pm On Mar 24, 2019
Charlesdonald:
Dear Emeka

I write to you with a heart full of joy and happiness that on this day I can get hold of breath and send this letter of roses in thorns to you.

I want you to sent this same message of hope to my mother, I should have done this directly to her but I want you to bear the burden for me and let her see only the joy.

Tell mum that I’m fine and I love her from my heart and soul, nothing on earth can make me forget her cries and suffering just to see me through. My going to London wouldn’t have been possible without her

Her efforts brought me here. Tell her that I sent my gratitude to her for selling all her hollandaise wrapper, jewelries and even the small piece of land papa left for us before he died just to push me out for a greener pasture here in London.

Tell her that I cannot forget all the money she borrowed from her village meeting and friends that was swindled by scammers at her first attempt to send me here.

For all the love she gave me, I say; I don’t mind dying just to make her happy. If it warrant going to the moon to make her happy, then she should see me dangling in the sun already.

Emeka tell her that I sent about 10,000 dollars to her through western union and also help her get it out. Tell her to use the money to pay for all the dept and also make sure that my little siblings are back to school.

Tell her to look for a comfortable apartment in the island or perhaps help her look for it. When you see one, pay for it because I will be sending 15,000 dollars by next month.

Tell her not to worry about me, tell her that where I am now there is no phone since we are foreigners, that we aren’t allowed to use phones and wouldn’t want to stress her in trying to get my mails, I will still be sending it to you, Emeka but as for money, I would send directly.

Tell her I love her and I miss the family but please don’t tell her I’m in jail.

Story Source: http://charlesdonaldfreeman.com.ng/a-message-to-my-mother/
It reminds me of the song
Take a message to mary

(1) (Reply)

********* / What Are Best Stories You Have Read On Nairalland Literature Section? / Is Lettersinc.com.ng Legit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.