Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria (4566 Views)

Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? / Save Time, Money & Sweat Buying Or Selling Cars And Properties / How Oviecardealer Helped Me Purchased An SUV From Cotonou... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by monimekaz(m): 9:54am On Mar 24, 2019
You are the real deal Op bad belle people everywhere
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by gifted21(f): 10:30am On Mar 24, 2019
tolani91:

Is the country good? I looked at the people around me. Those who finished their ND before me in Poly. 80% were yahoo boys. I looked at my set, 80% were yahoo boys. No one I could point to making a headway in live. No jobs. Nothing. Some were living of girlfriends. If you look good in Ibadan, SARS will arrest you along the road. On 3 different occasions when I wore new clothes and new shoes in Ibadan, I was arrested around dugbe. I did not do anything wrong. They will arrest you, harass you and collect money from you and tell you to go.

My brother, for a young man in Nigeria, the country is bad. I am happy I left. Now in Italy, if they are doing designer sales in Milan, like they did in January after Xmas, I will conveniently buy cheap designers. Wear original brand new designers. Go anywhere and I won't be harassed by police, even if I am black. If I should comeback to Nigeria today and wear those clothes to walk around, will your police let me be?

so op these cheap designers clothes you are talking about can we deal? if yes let me know
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 8:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
tolani91:

I started out working in a bakery as a second job. Then I went for 6 months training as a Forklift operator. My bakery job paid 11.20 euros per hour. Now I work as a Forklift operator at a factory. Salary is 16.49 euros per hour. I do 8 hours night shifts daily. Then sell cars during the day.
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by nansng: 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
Add me and let chat on Whatapp. 0802 756 1555
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 1:41am On Mar 26, 2019
tolani91:

I started out working in a bakery as a second job. Then I went for 6 months training as a Forklift operator. My bakery job paid 11.20 euros per hour. Now I work as a Forklift operator at a factory. Salary is 16.49 euros per hour. I do 8 hours night shifts daily. Then sell cars during the day.

Shit!!! Tolani do you know what you're you're THE FUCKING MAN OF THE YEAR MEEEN!!!! SHIT!!!!! YOU DEY BURST MY BRAIN I SWEAR!!!!!!! .....GUY!!! you're a fucking Brainer on the GO!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 8:40am On Mar 26, 2019
gifted21:

so op these cheap designers clothes you are talking about can we deal? if yes let me know
There are general seasons when all brands do sales. Usually January and the end of winter as they prepare for international summer visitors.

Also, individual brands do sales at their own time all through the year. For individual brands, I have to visit their shops to find out. They can have a section with shelves filled with sales items. The sales items don't mean the clothes are old. It means it is not in vogue for the new season with fashionistas

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by gifted21(f): 9:11am On Mar 30, 2019
tolani91:

There are general seasons when all brands do sales. Usually January and the end of winter as they prepare for international summer visitors.

Also, individual brands do sales at their own time all through the year. For individual brands, I have to visit their shops to find out. They can have a section with shelves filled with sales items. The sales items don't mean the clothes are old. It means it is not in vogue for the new season with fashionistas

ok patiently waiting for your positive feedback. thank you for your time.
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by controlaltdeleat: 9:44am On Mar 30, 2019
i will like to congratulate you on your success but please dont mis inform people about Nigeria you probably spends close or more 1 million on your travelling expenses while I started my company with just 30k profit on a contract job in this country and now I have 5 staffs while you well operating fork lift or what ever
simply because you can not think of how to succeed legally but to join the bandwagon of looking for someone to serve doesn't mean all of us has to. stop misleading people encourage people to be business oriented YOU CAN MAKE IT IN NIGERIA well SEUN did. if he was thinking like you he will be mobilizing commodities with forklift with pride and Nairaland would not exist

4 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2019
controlaltdeleat:
i will like to congratulate you on your success but please dont mis inform people about Nigeria you probably spends close or more 1 million on your travelling expenses while I started my company with just 30k profit on a contract job in this country and now I have 5 staffs while you well operating fork lift or what ever
simply because you can not think of how to succeed legally but to join the bandwagon of looking for someone to serve doesn't mean all of us has to. stop misleading people encourage people to be business oriented YOU CAN MAKE IT IN NIGERIA well SEUN did. if he was thinking like you he will be mobilizing commodities with forklift with pride and Nairaland would not exist

I just saw this extreme level of foolishness you exhibited. In all I said, what is illegal? You said I could not think of how to make money legally? You are a beast. Is selling cars illegal?

Did you not read that I did business? Is it not the business of marketing cars that brought me here? My own business. I didn't even start with N30k. I started with zero naira. You are full of hate. It is a sign of the frustration you are experiencing. You are on your own.

5 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2019
tolani91:

I just saw this extreme level of foolishness you exhibited. In all I said, what is illegal? You said I could not think of how to make money legally? You are a beast. Is selling cars illegal?

Did you not read that I did business? Is it not the business of marketing cars that brought me here? My own business. I didn't even start with N30k. I started with zero naira. You are full of hate. It is a sign of the frustration you are experiencing. You are on your own.

Baba no mind the guy!!! some people no fit just read common English!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2019
controlaltdeleat:

Wetin this prick dey talk self?
Baba you no fit read?? you no see where in talk say in start to dey sell cars ? ..... I laugh in Spanish!!!!! you have 5 staffs well it's cool that's nice!!! I'm not praying for your downfall but Nigeria is very unpredictable ...and Government policies might just sweep your business in one single day!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
lordally:

Baba no mind the guy!!! some people no fit just read common English!!!!

I'm cool jare. I have forgotten about the guy
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2019
tolani91:

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
Haters will always hate, congrats to the OP.
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by yungchap(m): 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2019
tolani91:
Today makes it exactly 1 year I left Nigeria. To mark this little anniversary, I decided to share how it happened for me on the forum that made it happen. I am not a good writer. Pardon me if the sequence of events in my story appear scrambled.

About 3 years ago, after graduating from Poly Ibadan with my OND, I searched for work everywhere. All the pay in Ibadan were under N20k. I decided, instead of taking a job for N20k, I should pursue my passion which is cars. I became an agent selling cars. I would visit car stands. Take pics, share on whatsapp, social media and all. I was able to get by with few sales every month. I would also look for cheap cars on Nairaland and help the seller get a buyer within Lagos/Ibadan/Ogun states.

In 2017, people started asking me if they can import their own cars directly. I would help them search on mobile.de and autoscoute24.de for cars. To cut the long story short, I assisted to import 4 cars before the end of 2017. 3 of the cars were from a particular car dealership in Genoa, Italy. In January 2018, anther buyer needed a car. We did our search and found a car from this dealership. Since I already saved some money as commission from the cars I have sold, both imported and locally, I decided to try my luck with the dealership. I requested that they allow me come check the car in person. And, they sent me an invitation without hesitation. I did the Visa and all. Then I traveled to Italy February 7th 2018.

While in Italy, I talked to the MD of the dealership. I told him to look at the few sales I have brought him. I told him I can do more if I am employed as his sales agent. He said sales men in his dealership are commission based. I said I can accept the commission based job because I have a lot of connects in Nigeria. After a second discussion with him, he offered me the job. The job had monthly and quarterly sales targets. No salary. Only commission. The good thing was that there was no resumption or closing time. No fixed working hours. Just meet your target. This will enable me take up other fixed paying jobs in Italy while I sell cars on the side.

After all was concluded, and I received my appointment contract, I returned to Nigeria. I reapplied for a working Visa this time around. My previous visa was a visit visa. I would have been able to apply and do the change in Italy but the process would have taken a longer time. The best option was for me to return to Nigeria and reapply. My Visa was granted. And on the 20th of March 2018, I left Nigeria to resume my job.

It has been great since I got here. Absolutely great. I traveled without using agents or anything. Only trying my luck in requesting for what I wanted. If you are looking for a way out of Nigeria, this could be your best route. This can work with any dealership in Europe and in any European country.

As you celebrate with me today, I wish you success in your endeavours. If you have questions you can drop your number for whatsapp.

My question is this...

Why haven't you get across to those people who drop their contacts here for some time now
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 8:53am On Apr 04, 2019
yungchap:

My question is this...

Why haven't you get across to those people who drop their contacts here for some time now

When I started this thread, I did so to share my own experience, motivate others and assist some on steps to take. The responses that greeted my post were full of insults and hate. I don't owe anyone anything. Therefore, I changed my mind. I'm not contacting anyone. You all can continue your hate in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:04am On Apr 04, 2019
tolani91:

When I started this thread, I did so to share my own experience, motivate others and assist some on steps to take. The responses that greeted my post were full of insults and hate. I don't owe anyone anything. Therefore, I changed my mind. I'm not contacting anyone. You all can continue your hate in Nigeria
This guys also went to Italy and shared his experience and they abused him.

https://www.nairaland.com/4838517/mini-european-adventure-how-it

Hate and envy is common amongst Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 4:23pm On Apr 04, 2019
tolani91:

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 1:41am On Apr 14, 2019
tolani91:

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2019
tolani91:

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 10:32am On Apr 19, 2019
tolani91:
Today makes it exactly 1 year I left Nigeria. To mark this little anniversary, I decided to share how it happened for me on the forum that made it happen. I am not a good writer. Pardon me if the sequence of events in my story appear scrambled.

About 3 years ago, after graduating from Poly Ibadan with my OND, I searched for work everywhere. All the pay in Ibadan were under N20k. I decided, instead of taking a job for N20k, I should pursue my passion which is cars. I became an agent selling cars. I would visit car stands. Take pics, share on whatsapp, social media and all. I was able to get by with few sales every month. I would also look for cheap cars on Nairaland and help the seller get a buyer within Lagos/Ibadan/Ogun states.

In 2017, people started asking me if they can import their own cars directly. I would help them search on mobile.de and autoscoute24.de for cars. To cut the long story short, I assisted to import 4 cars before the end of 2017. 3 of the cars were from a particular car dealership in Genoa, Italy. In January 2018, anther buyer needed a car. We did our search and found a car from this dealership. Since I already saved some money as commission from the cars I have sold, both imported and locally, I decided to try my luck with the dealership. I requested that they allow me come check the car in person. And, they sent me an invitation without hesitation. I did the Visa and all. Then I traveled to Italy February 7th 2018.

While in Italy, I talked to the MD of the dealership. I told him to look at the few sales I have brought him. I told him I can do more if I am employed as his sales agent. He said sales men in his dealership are commission based. I said I can accept the commission based job because I have a lot of connects in Nigeria. After a second discussion with him, he offered me the job. The job had monthly and quarterly sales targets. No salary. Only commission. The good thing was that there was no resumption or closing time. No fixed working hours. Just meet your target. This will enable me take up other fixed paying jobs in Italy while I sell cars on the side.

After all was concluded, and I received my appointment contract, I returned to Nigeria. I reapplied for a working Visa this time around. My previous visa was a visit visa. I would have been able to apply and do the change in Italy but the process would have taken a longer time. The best option was for me to return to Nigeria and reapply. My Visa was granted. And on the 20th of March 2018, I left Nigeria to resume my job.

It has been great since I got here. Absolutely great. I traveled without using agents or anything. Only trying my luck in requesting for what I wanted. If you are looking for a way out of Nigeria, this could be your best route. This can work with any dealership in Europe and in any European country.

As you celebrate with me today, I wish you success in your endeavours. If you have questions you can drop your number for whatsapp.
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by Frankicent(m): 3:42am On Jun 18, 2019
Many are criticizing you as for me I choose to tap into your blessing. Biko how can I start this with little or no experience?

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by aaidel(m): 4:15am On Jun 18, 2019
i'm not saying you are lying but something does not add up the minimum salary you have to earn to qualify for an italian work visa is about 26 thousand euro so it is unlikely you would be issued a work visa for a job that does not pay any salary but only commission
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2020
tolani91:

Bro what's good I hope you're staying safe??
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by peeps4u: 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
promotervickky:

What you need to do is pray for this country, ask God to be merciful and get us through... the Italy you are in didn t just become Italy in 55 years, it took time.. pray and repent for the country.. Pray for the prosperity of Nigeria. your business will be affected positively if Nigeria prospers..

If the country is good as you once proclaimed, why doee he need to pray for it again?

Besides, why saying in naija hoping for better tommorrow when he had a chance to move to a better country.

BTW, how far has your prayer helped the country? Why must he waste his precious youthful years praying for naija when he can leave?

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by peeps4u: 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
controlaltdeleat:

Bad belle. You couldn't even read what OP posted well just to undermine his achievement and project yours as bigger than his achievement.

2 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lifeagain22: 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
ogawisdom:
I am not saying this is scam package but it sounds like one lol

Never mind congratulations bro
. ogafool ,Read with your eyes open ,He did it himself never through any Agent ,He said anyone can do it his or herself .
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lifeagain22: 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
aaidel:
i'm not saying you are lying but something does not add up the minimum salary you have to earn to qualify for an italian work visa is about 26 thousand euro so it is unlikely you would be issued a work visa for a job that does not pay any salary but only commission
. Why not go to Italian Embassy to ask them and leave this man alone
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by ArticleBeast: 11:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
controlaltdeleat:
You mean the same business that one drunk politician will make one useless policy and it will close down. How many Seun has made it? You mean the same country that SARS will cut short your life for wearing designer jean. No dey read with jealousy

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by ArticleBeast: 11:58pm On Jul 26, 2020
Poverty leads to hate....

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by kunki90(m): 12:37am On Jul 27, 2020
OP, post some pictures now, you can cover your face if you don’t want us to see
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 11:28am On Aug 04, 2020
Life is different here. I hardly have time to come to nairaland as before

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Clean Peugeot 504 Wagon Bestline For Sale 1998 / Xmas sale!! 2000 Toyota Corolla CE N1m OVNO / In Need Of 2004-2006 Lexus Gx 470 - Pre Ordered Or Already Here in Lag.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.