Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived (29308 Views)

Buhari/APC: Your Problems Are Nepotism, Aborted Change, Not Order 06 - Ikhide / Ameh Ebute Writes Saraki To Resign / 4 Gang Leaders Accompanied Saraki To Sympathise With Offa Monarch — Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by Bulleye(m): 9:18am On Mar 21, 2019
What worked for Saraki in the past has just caused his political downfall. Rather than start crying wolf where there is none, Saraki should make restitution by returning all the money he has embezzled in Kwara state.
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by Awaja(m): 9:22am On Mar 21, 2019
I am sorry konfo
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by id911(m): 9:24am On Mar 21, 2019
manbello:

look at this f00l wat mandate are you talking about or is it like for atifku or share for Buhari
Buhari won dis election and spoiler alert wailers gon be in sefia pain till 2023

Stop wailing on my mention. I don't normally call MODs to ban because I believe we're just expressing our thoughts and ideas here but be civil bro
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by Abeyjide: 9:27am On Mar 21, 2019
with the result atiku claimed he got baffles me cos That of kwara shows atiku is a lair.
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by morounkola(f): 9:32am On Mar 21, 2019
That's it but they will not agree. Most of the people shouting "the election was not free and fair" did not come out to vote.

adioolayi:

If you voted... you will know the election was free and fair. Yes, pocket of violence especially in the SS and SE.....overall, the election was miles ahead of what I have witnessed in 2011 and 2015.
In those years,the likes of Saraki, Akpabio and Ajimobi cannot lose this 2019 elections..... e.g. for Ajimobi, miracle figures would have surfaced from Ibadan SW, his stronghold. The use of card readers really dealt with politicians... even if they will rig, they can't rig more than the numbers of accredited voters, if they do..it is over voting and outright cancellation..No miracle figures anywhere.

The rigging tactics employed in 2019 was for strong politicians to cause mayhem in their opposition strongholds so that elections there can be cancelled....Just like what is happening in Rivers...that is the best they can do.
As for the Presidential election, the North has duped Atiku, he should move on...E actually lose square and wide!
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 21, 2019
kinibigdeal:

Use your head. Did Yaradua or Jonathan write result? We have gone pass that stage. GEJ tried to improve the process but PMB came to destroy it
Use your head. Have you forgotten how Yar'adua accepted the fraud election that brought him in?

And which process improved? The only change was the card reader that was introduced to check mate over voting.
If we scrutinize the 2015 elections properly, we will discover the massive frauds in all states collation.
It is not different from this, just that the results wasn't questioned by the person who lost.
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 21, 2019
Konki:

Stop eulogisiing failure.

"The pain of rigging" gang!

Stop spreading sugar over a rotten cake.

The election was not seen to be free and fair as you are claiming!
Keep crying I won't stop you but please use wisdom so u won't develop hypertension.
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by 9iceprince(m): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2019
id911:

Buhari is a big thief, the criminal stole our mandate. We will certainly reclaim it in Court Insha Allah
Your mandate indeed......nairaland Atiku
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by Wisfem: 10:15am On Mar 21, 2019
This is extremely sad, the Nigeria law is only for less privileged poor masses, who can not speak even for themselves, so like what the Vp said what will be their advice to common thieves in the street, and even students who engage in exam fraud, They are all thieves, who will advice the other, very unfortunate.
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 21, 2019
Dont bring Allah to this your comment.
id911:

Buhari is a big thief, the criminal stole our mandate. We will certainly reclaim it in Court Insha Allah

1 Like

Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by Tareq1105: 10:32am On Mar 21, 2019
Purej:
Nigeria’s Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has said that the victory of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) at the just concluded polls will be short-lived.

The Senate president stated this on Wednesday at an emergency National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abuja.

Mr Saraki explained that contrary to the views of many Nigerians, the outcome of the March 9 presidential election was a loss to the entire country and not just the PDP.

INEC had declared President Muhammadu Buhari of the APC winner of the election.

Mr Buhari, according to the electoral body, scored 15,191,847 votes. Atiku Abubakar of the PDP garnered 11,262,978 votes to finish as runner-up.

But in his response to the declaration, the PDP candidate said the result was unacceptable to him and he would challenge it in court.

While delivering his remarks, Mr Saraki further noted that the conduct of the election, including the role of the military during the exercise, has made the country a laughing stock in the international community, adding that the purported winners of the election are ashamed of the process.

“This victory that the other party has seen is going to be short lived. If anybody believes that it is a loss to PDP, it is a loss to the country that history will not forgive.”

“We said it many times here, that the worst to do is to do an election that as a country Nigeria will not be proud of.

“We have done an election that no doubt anybody and even those that think they have won are ashamed of the kind of election that we did.

“I think it is a shame to the country and to those that were given that responsibility to do. They have Saturday as their last opportunity to try as much as possible to reclaim part of their embarrassment to the country.

“How can a country like Nigeria, as the speaker said, Ghana has done it, even Congo, even Zimbabwe have done elections. And we say we do elections, with seven inconclusive. We did elections before, in 2015, we did it in 2011, 1999 and after so many years, this is what we can produce.

“It is not a loss to the PDP, it is to the country. It just shows the level of desperation. I have confidence that this will be shortlived and as such let us ensure on Saturday, that these five states that are ours remain within the PDP and INEC should for once do what is right.

“We have a great future ahead and I believe we will start that on Saturday to make sure that we defend those five states that are declared inconclusive,” Mr Saraki said.

Also speaking at the NEC meeting, the PDP vice presidential candidate, Peter Obi, said he wondered the kind of legacy the APC administration is setting for the younger generation if they supervise electoral malpractices.

“As for me, while we blame the INEC and the security agencies, the biggest shame goes to those who are directing them to do the wrong thing.

“If you choose to be a leader, especially with APC that claims integrity, the biggest corruption and the biggest show of a government that does not believe in integrity is to rig election. Because the process through which you come into office, is far more fundamental than what you do there after.

“I think we should hold them responsible for what is happening in this country now. The examples we are setting for the young ones, I don’t know what they will tell a young man who is cheating in an exam in this country after seeing the ways our elections are conducted. I don’t know what they will tell those who are robbing banks and kidnapping people, because we have seen the biggest of it by this election where people are happy after robbing the nation and their states,” Mr. Obi said.

Earlier, in his welcome address, the PDP National Chairman, Uche Secondus, said the emergency NEC meeting is to enable party members deliberate on issues relating to the March 23 supplementary polls.

The PDP chairman cautioned the INEC chairman to ensure that the results of the supplementary polls reflect the wishes of the people of the affected states.

He added that if the INEC chairman continues the way he has been going, he would truncate the nation’s democracy.

He charged the INEC boss to see the supplementary polls as an avenue for the electoral commission to redeem its credibility.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/321357-saraki-to-apc-your-victory-will-be-short-lived.htm

Saraki should be specific and tell Nigerians if he was rigged out as a senatorial candidate in Kwara central.

Saraki should know that Nigeria politicians spent billions hence are more desperate than those countries he mentioned.

Saraki is backing Atiku because he's not the one paying the bills for the Court Case.
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by Purej: 10:35am On Mar 21, 2019
This is how difficult it will be for he who stole the people's mandate grin grin grin.

I made it to the front page for the first time

Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by Tareq1105: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2019
Skills10:

Let us wait and see as it goes. Interesting days ahead.
But I feel Buhari having lost 3 previous elections should have moved quickly to automate the electoral process. Technology drives things in this century.

Then Atiku would have hired the best hacker in the world to do the dirty job for him.
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by mizzy007(m): 10:46am On Mar 21, 2019
said a man whose political career is dead!!!
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by cyril: 10:51am On Mar 21, 2019
Future impossicant!
id911:

Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by desiredhome: 11:00am On Mar 21, 2019
StOla:

I like that this fellow is in severe pains from the agony of electoral loss.

Tell Atiku to reclaim the mandate of the electoral loss of his own polling unit?

And something bad mouth people said Atifku is suffering from depression wink wink
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by desiredhome: 11:05am On Mar 21, 2019
Purej:
This is how difficult it will be for he who stole the people's mandate grin grin grin.

I made it to the front page for the first time

You mean he who looted our money?
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by donb06: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2019
adioolayi:

If you voted... you will know the election was free and fair. Yes, pocket of violence especially in the SS and SE.....overall, the election was miles ahead of what I have witnessed in 2011 and 2015.
In those years,the likes of Saraki, Akpabio and Ajimobi cannot lose this 2019 elections..... e.g. for Ajimobi, miracle figures would have surfaced from Ibadan SW, his stronghold. The use of card readers really dealt with politicians... even if they will rig, they can't rig more than the numbers of accredited voters, if they do..it is over voting and outright cancellation..No miracle figures anywhere.

The rigging tactics employed in 2019 was for strong politicians to cause mayhem in their opposition strongholds so that elections there can be cancelled....Just like what is happening in Rivers...that is the best they can do.
As for the Presidential election, the North has duped Atiku, he should move on...E actually lose square and wide!
I cannot say for sure about 2011....but if u claim that 2019 is better than 2015 elections, then u ve lost it....because even buhari and oshiomole would disagree with you
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by duwdu: 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2019
kingkakaone:

Most of them crying have been in the game since 1999 when results were written in their offices and the margin between them and their opponents are so !ich that you begin to wonder how the votes were collated within 4hours.

Elections are now different that you can't write figures in your offices, you can't cause violence and alter results and you can't change the margin anymore. If INEC detects such, cancellation comes in and the margin is within catch-up which leads to rerun.

Don't blame them Sha, most of them had too many easy rides during the dark days of elections when oppositions are told their score before elections are concluded.

This is an excellent piece and very well said!

Yours truly couldn't have said it any better.

P34c3
Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by desiredhome: 6:39pm On Mar 21, 2019
PeachtreeReside:
I really do feel for Atiku. The amount of money he spent on this election is enough to start an industry . And yes, he was going to recoup that from the sales of the remaining NATIONAL Assets he wasn't able to lay his hands on the last time.

Dubai Strategy didn't work! Oma se o!!!

To be honest , if it was money that would have determined the votes, Atiku would have won hands down.

Let's play aside negative thoughts and energy , Nigeria must thrive.

When some people were advising Atifku not to boarder going to Court he was like there is something the APC were hiding/afraid of. "He who comes into equity must come with clean hands."
The same person that bought(bribes) all the delegates and with the dollar reign all over Port Harcourt shows he can still bribes the officials in his favour.

What's my own, let them chop the money, afterall it's our money?

1 Like

Re: Saraki To APC: Your Victory Will Be Short-lived by fuckerholic(m): 8:41am On Mar 25, 2019
tegrianonigltd:

Mindset of a failure, In Life, never stop trying, try, keep trying, do you know how Taxify is unseating Uber, in Africa?, even in some European countries. Try, try, you either win or lose, but at the end you gave it a try...
Mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC In Kwara, Lagos Clash Over Call For Sanctions Against Saraki, Dogara / Pro-Lawan Senators Move To Impeach Saraki - Punch / Robbers At Theodore Ekechi's House In Owerri, Steal N45 Million Items (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.