Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Policeman Shoots Teenager Dead In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Shoots Teenager Dead In Lagos (336 Views)

Policeman Shoots Army Officer In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State. Photos / Policeman Shoots Soldier Dead In Delta. Gets Arrested (Graphic Photos) / Drunk Policeman Shoots 3 People At Child's Dedication In Warri. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Policeman Shoots Teenager Dead In Lagos by dachiwater: 3:51am On Mar 21, 2019
A drunk policeman has been accused of shooting a teenager dead in Adamo area of Ikorodu, Lagos State, on Monday.While the family of deceased identified as Hadijat Sikiru accused the policeman of  being drunk and shooting the teenager dead,  the Lagos State Police Command, through the Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, said on Tuesday that a team of policemen exchanged gunfire with suspected cultists while on surveillance duty around Adamo, adding that in the process, Hadijat was hit by a stray bullet while two police personnel sustained injuries.However eyewitnesses accused the police fabricating their statement to cover up what truly transpired. Punch reported that an eyewitness alleged that policeman fled the scene to avoid being attacked, after realizing that the teenager was dead. 

“When I read the police statement about what happened on the pages of newspapers, I was shocked because they churned out lies. The police officer was responsible for the death of that young girl and their statement was fabricated to cover it up.

“What actually happened was that around 5pm on Monday, people were playing games underneath a tree around Adamo junction when the policemen came to eat at a food vendor’s place around there. One of the officers, who wore a jacket inscribed with the number 147, came out of the food vendor’s shop and fired a shot in the air. This took everyone by surprise, because there was no imminent danger.

“I saw him leaving towards the vehicle that he and his colleagues brought and about 15 minutes later, I heard three gunshots. A woman, who is a food vendor, ran out and was screaming that the police had killed her daughter. The woman held the policeman firmly but he managed to wriggle free, ran towards their vehicle and escaped" an eyewitness, Tope Amusan said. 

The mother of the deceased, Janet, also disclosed that the fleeing cop shot a neighbour who tried to apprehend him in the hand. Janet said, “One of my friends brought his car and advised that we take my daughter’s corpse to the Imota Police Station, and when we got there, the police detained me and the people who helped me to take the corpse to the station.“Around 11pm, the police officers started begging me to get into their vehicle so that they could drop me at Adamo and I said I would not go anywhere until they release all those who assisted me to bring my daughter’s corpse there.“They pleaded with me to leave and promised to release them and I agreed to leave. The neighbour, who they shot, is at Igbobi, while the ones who assisted me are still in their custody as I speak to you. I want justice. I was told that the policemen responsible for the death of my daughter were from Ketu-Epe Police Station.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/21/policeman-shoots-teenager-dead-in-lagos/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

Re: Policeman Shoots Teenager Dead In Lagos by iGISTMORE: 4:12am On Mar 21, 2019
cool

(1) (Reply)

Young Girl Discovers Paper Inside A N35k Phone She Bought With Her Salary / Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Girlfriend In Akure / 5 Scammers Arrested For Allegedly Defrauding Couple N900,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.