Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

The Nigerian Architectural Space Needs A Renaissance. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Nigerian Architectural Space Needs A Renaissance. (377 Views)

Contemporary Nigerian Architectural Designs By Arc Wasiu / Nigerian Architectural Designs / Amazing Nigerian Architectural Building Designs For Nairalanders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Architectural Space Needs A Renaissance. by tevinsolt: 5:40am On Mar 21, 2019
Often times there are no distinction between Residential buildings, and Administrative buildings, and commercial building. My observation is that they pretty much look the same. Over past few years though, I'm starting to see more creativity in residential development but there's till a long a way to go.

I want to focus on the residential for now. There was a time, when Buildings had personalities. Today we have the overdone four cornered, conflicting multi-colored boxes, with very dry uninspiring looking environments. I believe these could change with time.

here are few photos of American built homes.
1. British west indies home style
2. That's a town home in New York City
3. A random custom built home in a suburb
4. A glimpse of an interior layout of a custom built American Home.

Re: The Nigerian Architectural Space Needs A Renaissance. by tevinsolt: 6:05am On Mar 21, 2019
I have also noticed that, old buildings that are found in the older parts of cities and towns have something about them. if only they could be restored, displaying their unique Brazilian architectural glory. Unfortunately I don't have pictures.

The cathedral as it is today is less than a shadow of its former Glory. Sadly.

Re: The Nigerian Architectural Space Needs A Renaissance. by tevinsolt: 6:12am On Mar 21, 2019
Share what you think is holding back the creativity in real estate development industry.

(1) (Reply)

Properties: In Need Of Accommodation Around Yaba? This Is For You! / For Sale ! For Sale !! For Sale !!! / World Most Expensive Bathub Costs N720 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.