Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal (13659 Views)

We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal / Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: Mustapha Umar Imam Recounts Ordeal In Terror Den / Leo: Man Kidnapped In Owerri And Killed By Men In Army Uniform (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by CastedDude: 9:10am On Mar 21, 2019
A Nigerian film maker and actor, Femi Ogedengbe, has taken to social media to narrate on behalf of a victim - his horrifying experience at the hands of gunmen alleged to be Fulani herdsmen over the weekend in Edo state.

Read the lengthy piece he shared on his Instagram page yesterday.

Oh Nigeria ! I weep… ARMED ROBBERY AND KIDNAPPING BY ARMED FULANI HERDSMEN ON ORE-BENIN EXPRESSWAY - OFOSU (INCIDENT HAPPENED AROUND 3 PM LAST SATURDAY MARCH 16, 2019). For my personal safety and to avoid a reprisal or repeat attack, God forbid, let me call myself Barrister A.

I was on my way to Jattu, near Auchi in Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State Nigeria for my younger sister's traditional marriage billed to take place in Jattu.

I set out from Lagos and was having a very smooth ride until I entered Edo State. At Ofusu just before Okada Town, I noticed that the cars and tipper in front were driving in a zigzag manner. I applied my brakes and a sienna car that was beside me Also tried to brake and hit me on my side and forced me to hit the keb we struggled until the vehicles came to a halt. I raised my head to find out what was happening and got the scare of my life. Young Fulani men armed with AK47 riffles were shooting at us. I tried to reverse my car they were also behind shooting. A large number of vehicles were trapped in between.

As I tried to open my door one of them came to my side pointing an AK47 at me. I quickly raised up my hands and pleaded with him not to shoot. I gave him my wallet which he collected and put in his pocket.

As I was alighting from my car another Fulani man charged at me with his dagger. I begged him not to stab me. He pushed me to the side of the road and into the bush. They also took other people hostage.

We met the other abductees on the way lying face down. There were two women and five men. The men were being beaten with heavy sticks. They rode past them and took me to a tomatoes farm. I came down and was asked to sit down. I immediately obeyed. They warned me to stop looking at their faces or else they would kill me. I begged for my life like I have fever done before.

While seated one of them came to me told me "oga we done kidnap you and your money na N100 million". Unconsciously laughter escaped from my mouth and the guy said "oga if you laugh again I go kill you". I said "sorry oga na mistake I no laugh no vex". He asked how much I was ready to pay as ransom? I told him that I did not have money but that I could ask my brother to raise N500,000 for them. The guy said I was mad and that they did not come to the road for that kind of money and that the last they would take is N50million and that if I refused to pay they would kill me. I kept pleading.

They continued questioning all the abductees. I kept reciting Psalms 91 and 23 and was praying seriously under my breath. At a point they left us alone and went a distance from us. They were making calls.

Suddenly they returned and asked who could ride a bike amongst us. A young man amongst us said he could ride. One if them came to me and said take your phone. He returned one of my three phones taken from me. I could not believe my ears. He gave it to me and asked me to pocket it , and I did.

The young man started the bike and the instructed two of my co-abductees to carry me on the bike and said we should go straight that we will hit the Express road. The eight if us were released just like that. It was divine intervention. The release was after over three hours with them.

Watch the video below.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/03/man-narrates-ordeal-after-being-kidnapped-by-suspected-fulani-herdsmen-in-edo.html

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by Niyeal(m): 9:11am On Mar 21, 2019
Holy shiit

2 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by kelvine(m): 9:19am On Mar 21, 2019
I believe in scriptures, haleluya

11 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by LuciferSinless: 9:30am On Mar 21, 2019
So this gullible fool believes it was the Psalms he recited that saved him.

What if the herdsmen got tipped that something had gone amiss in their operation & were equally desperate to leave that vicinity?
What if they were sent to get a specific person (hence the N100m ransom demand) & found out they had the wrong people?

There are so many things that could have prompted them to end their operation abruptly.

If God truly "saved you", why did God allow you to fall into such misfortune and incur losses in the first place?
Was He asleep?

Why do black Africans always reason irrationally/illogically?

*spits angry

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by MrLankeeee(m): 9:48am On Mar 21, 2019
LuciferSinless:

What if the herdsmen got tipped that something had gone amiss in their operation & were equally desperate to leave that vicinity?
What if they were sent to get a specific person (hence the N100m ransom demand) & found out they had the wrong people?

There are so many things that could have prompted them to end their operation abruptly.

If God truly "saved you", why did God allow you to fall into such misfortune and incur losses in the first place?
Was He asleep?

*spits angry
God is great.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by morikee: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2019
Na wow o
Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by dukie25: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2019
This is the beginning of NEXT LEVEL, by the time Fulani herdsmen finish with Edo state, every one would be reciting the entire Qur'an unaided.

13 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 11:11am On Mar 21, 2019
angry
Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by dontro(m): 11:11am On Mar 21, 2019
Sad.

Why your small business [/b]is not making enough [b]money? Because it doesn't have an effective web presence!
Give your business the web presence it needs. Get started here: https://zestmade.com/about

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by dokiOloye(m): 11:14am On Mar 21, 2019
I remember when a doctor with UBTH was shot by this same fulani men around the same area and later died in the hospital.
Their down south slaves came challenging why the death should be attributed to fulanis forgetting that d doctor died after about 7 days and fulanis are among the most easily recognizable groups in Nigeria.
We're in for something else cos its it's not in doubt that the fulani menace increased since their life patron became president.
I served in Kogi and regularly traveled to Abj that 1 year.I can tell you 1st hand that almost all the nonsense around Koton Karfe on the Lokoja-Abuja highway are perpetrated by fulanis

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by Agbaletu: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2019
I can't forget my experience at Benin Bypass in 2014.
Thank you Jesus!

2 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by Chinashopping84: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2019
God is good
Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by dokunbam(m): 11:18am On Mar 21, 2019
Agbaletu:
I can't forget my experience at Benin Bypass in 2014.
Thank you Jesus!

So they have been operating in that area since 2014

2 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by Authoreety: 11:18am On Mar 21, 2019
Hmm
Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by njimezz(m): 11:19am On Mar 21, 2019
U must be an idiot and also a fool who doesn't believe in God. There is power in his word and book of Psalms are powerful if u don't know
LuciferSinless:

Was He asleep?

*spits angry

8 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by Nancy2018(f): 11:20am On Mar 21, 2019
Kill all fulani you see lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2019
LuciferSinless:

Was He asleep?

*spits angry
He is God Almighty and His word heals, delivers and saves. Hit your head for wall

17 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by SmartMen: 11:37am On Mar 21, 2019
dokiOloye:
I remember when a doctor with UBTH was shot by this same fulani men around the same area and later died in the hospital.
Their down south slaves came challenging why the death should be attributed to fulanis forgetting that d doctor died after about 7 days and fulanis are among the most easily recognizable groups in Nigeria.
We're in for something else cos its it's not in doubt that the fulani menace increased since their life patron became president.
I served in Kogi and regularly traveled to Abj that 1 year.I can tell you 1st hand that almost all the nonsense around Koton Karfe on the Lokoja-Abuja highway are perpetrated by fulanis
let all Nigerians keep playing ostrich until they become slaves in their own country. When igbos speak, they say igbos are hateful... my wish is one: the Northerners should continue with their agenda... why south allow education to render them useless until they are rounded up.

11 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by NigeriaBam: 11:38am On Mar 21, 2019
Herdsman again.. Buhari please do something
Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by megareal: 11:39am On Mar 21, 2019
Psalm 92 and 23. Those are mega protection Psalms. I don't care who believes in God or not, but God has always proved Himself faithful when he is called to intervene. Thank God for your life Oga.

7 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by dgitrader(m): 11:39am On Mar 21, 2019
LuciferSinless:

Was He asleep?

*spits angry

U made sense to some extent until u spoilt it with ur disbelief in God. Only a fool doesn't believe in God. Change ur ways for ur sake.

5 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by wisdomkid: 11:42am On Mar 21, 2019
LuciferSinless:

Was He asleep?

*spits angry

Are you sensible at all Mr. Spits?

You're talking stupidddd against someone who live through an ugly experience HE went through?
Carry your atheist believes out of this thread. You totally sound stupid.

9 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by lexy2014: 11:43am On Mar 21, 2019
NigeriaBam:
Herdsman again.. Buhari please do something

He has done something. He asked them to stop killing people
Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 21, 2019
Indeed GOD is Good

2 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by islandmoon: 11:44am On Mar 21, 2019
Nigerians are cowards! Fulani know this, and government security agencies are afraid to go to that area also

2 Likes

Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by Embee07: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2019
CastedDude:
A Nigerian film maker and actor, Femi Ogedengbe, has taken to social media to narrate on behalf of a victim - his horrifying experience at the hands of gunmen alleged to be Fulani herdsmen over the weekend in Edo state.

Read the lengthy piece he shared on his Instagram page yesterday.

Oh Nigeria ! I weep… ARMED ROBBERY AND KIDNAPPING BY ARMED FULANI HERDSMEN ON ORE-BENIN EXPRESSWAY - OFOSU (INCIDENT HAPPENED AROUND 3 PM LAST SATURDAY MARCH 16, 2019). For my personal safety and to avoid a reprisal or repeat attack, God forbid, let me call myself Barrister A.

I was on my way to Jattu, near Auchi in Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State Nigeria for my younger sister's traditional marriage billed to take place in Jattu.

I set out from Lagos and was having a very smooth ride until I entered Edo State. At Ofusu just before Okada Town, I noticed that the cars and tipper in front were driving in a zigzag manner. I applied my brakes and a sienna car that was beside me Also tried to brake and hit me on my side and forced me to hit the keb we struggled until the vehicles came to a halt. I raised my head to find out what was happening and got the scare of my life. Young Fulani men armed with AK47 riffles were shooting at us. I tried to reverse my car they were also behind shooting. A large number of vehicles were trapped in between.

As I tried to open my door one of them came to my side pointing an AK47 at me. I quickly raised up my hands and pleaded with him not to shoot. I gave him my wallet which he collected and put in his pocket.

As I was alighting from my car another Fulani man charged at me with his dagger. I begged him not to stab me. He pushed me to the side of the road and into the bush. They also took other people hostage.

We met the other abductees on the way lying face down. There were two women and five men. The men were being beaten with heavy sticks. They rode past them and took me to a tomatoes farm. I came down and was asked to sit down. I immediately obeyed. They warned me to stop looking at their faces or else they would kill me. I begged for my life like I have fever done before.

While seated one of them came to me told me "oga we done kidnap you and your money na N100 million". Unconsciously laughter escaped from my mouth and the guy said "oga if you laugh again I go kill you". I said "sorry oga na mistake I no laugh no vex". He asked how much I was ready to pay as ransom? I told him that I did not have money but that I could ask my brother to raise N500,000 for them. The guy said I was mad and that they did not come to the road for that kind of money and that the last they would take is N50million and that if I refused to pay they would kill me. I kept pleading.

They continued questioning all the abductees. I kept reciting Psalms 91 and 23 and was praying seriously under my breath. At a point they left us alone and went a distance from us. They were making calls.

Suddenly they returned and asked who could ride a bike amongst us. A young man amongst us said he could ride. One if them came to me and said take your phone. He returned one of my three phones taken from me. I could not believe my ears. He gave it to me and asked me to pocket it , and I did.

The young man started the bike and the instructed two of my co-abductees to carry me on the bike and said we should go straight that we will hit the Express road. The eight if us were released just like that. It was divine intervention. The release was after over three hours with them.

Watch the video below.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/03/man-narrates-ordeal-after-being-kidnapped-by-suspected-fulani-herdsmen-in-edo.html
bro u were abducted by ipob terrorist and not fulani herdsman..with the way they spoke pidgin to u i concluded they not fulani
Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by Passionate888: 11:50am On Mar 21, 2019
Next level
Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by 1miccza: 12:00pm On Mar 21, 2019
Embee07:
bro u were abducted by ipob terrorist and not fulani herdsman..with the way they spoke pidgin to u i concluded they not fulani

O de wa okay bayii abi??
Re: Man Kidnapped By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Edo, Recounts Ordeal by Kennybus(m): 12:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
LuciferSinless:

Was He asleep?

*spits angry

What IF after they realise their mistake of kidnapping wrong person and they still shoot him?

Or what if they say bring the 500k lime that and still cut him?

If na white person tell una this story, na una type go dey shout God is still alive. I don't care what you believe in, but there is a God up there who show mercy to whom He pleases.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daily Kidnappings In Abuja: Residents Cry For Help / Cultism: Police Arrest 14 Suspects, Recover Hard Drugs In Agege / Man Arrested For Beheading His Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.