Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,682 members, 7,851,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

How Europeans Partitioned Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Europeans Partitioned Africa (403 Views)

See What The Europeans Said About Africans Before Colonizing / They Have Already Partitioned The Country To Their Cronies. Vote LP Wholly, No M / Lai Mohammed: Nigerians Have Better Values Than US, Europeans; Crimes More There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Europeans Partitioned Africa by ElectorAlexande: 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2019
As a result of the heightened tension between European states in the last quarter of the 19th century, the partitioning of Africa may be seen as a way for the Europeans to eliminate the threat of a Europe-wide war over Africa. The last 59 years of the 19th century saw transition from ‘informal imperialism’ of control through military influence and economic dominance to that of direct rule. To avoid a war in the struggle to acquire lands in Africa.

I will give in details below how Africa was shared among the Europeans and who got what :

Continue reading...............

https://www.historicalville.com/2019/03/how-europeans-partitioned-africa.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: How Europeans Partitioned Africa by morpheus24: 9:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
Bros you are late on this one, na now you dey read scramble for Africa

2 Likes

Re: How Europeans Partitioned Africa by Shelumiel: 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2019
The chap above me just read my mind grin
Re: How Europeans Partitioned Africa by ElectorAlexande: 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2019
morpheus24:
Bros you are late on this one, na now you dey read scramble for Africa

Funny enough
Re: How Europeans Partitioned Africa by ElectorAlexande: 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2019
Shelumiel:
The chap above me just read my mind grin

Re: How Europeans Partitioned Africa by ElectorAlexande: 9:59pm On Mar 21, 2019
It is a throwback Thursday Na, lol.

(1) (Reply)

Pencom Scheme Fueling Nigeria’s Weak Economy —DG / Why Buhari Is Yet To Sign The N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency / Ahmed Lawal Replies Ex-sgf, Says “power Must Shift To The South In 2023”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.