Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

My Pond Project. Please Help - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Pond Project. Please Help (635 Views)

Look What We Killed Inside My Pond Today / Help! What Else Can I Use To Test My Pond Water In Absence Of A Ph Tester / Tarpaulin Fish Pond Price List - Cost Of Different Sizes Of Mobile Fish Ponds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pond Project. Please Help by rotwailler(m): 11:21am On Mar 22, 2019
Good morning my fellow Nairalanders, i need some advise on how to proceed (raising it up with blocks or concrete)as i'm starting a mini fish pond behind my house and below are the picture of the project.
Please i need all the suggestions i can get to proceed.

Re: My Pond Project. Please Help by Braaad: 11:30am On Mar 22, 2019
The excavation is too close to the fence/wall....you should have left at least 5 to 6 feet in between.
Re: My Pond Project. Please Help by rotwailler(m): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2019
But the fence is strong as the foundation of the fence is done with concrete,please should I raise the pond with concrete or just cement and blocks?
Re: My Pond Project. Please Help by rotwailler(m): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2019
Braaad:
The excavation is too close to the fence/wall....you should have left at least 5 to 6 feet in between.

But the fence is strong as the foundation of the fence is done with concrete,please should I raise the pond with concrete or just cement and blocks?
Re: My Pond Project. Please Help by Braaad: 1:12am On Mar 23, 2019
rotwailler:

Raise with concrete...
Re: My Pond Project. Please Help by rotwailler(m): 7:35am On Mar 23, 2019
Braaad:

Raise with concrete...

Why is concrete better than blocks and cement?
Re: My Pond Project. Please Help by 123papas(m): 7:35am On Mar 23, 2019
Poor planning. if you were going to do a concrete pond, why not not start directly from the ground instead of digging

1 Like

Re: My Pond Project. Please Help by Fish4wealth: 11:15am On Mar 23, 2019
Frankly speaking, let's try and seek professional inputs however the cost before the word "kick start".... Personal view, this is wrongly constructed and more like a wasted effort and excavation expense.....either way you intend to convert it...concrete or earthen....the foundation is out of design....

Consult!!!!
Re: My Pond Project. Please Help by okoroemeka(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2019
how will the waste water be drained
Re: My Pond Project. Please Help by Braaad: 11:58am On Mar 24, 2019
rotwailler:

Why is concrete better than blocks and cement?

When you have a proper mix of concrete and it is set, it is non porous unlike blocks.

What this means is that with concrete, you won't have that nasty growth of algae in your pond.

Of course you know what algae will do in your pond.

Back to your pond design, will your drain pipe be buried in the ground, or will water be pumped out using surface pump??

What's your plan on changing the water??
Re: My Pond Project. Please Help by rotwailler(m): 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2019
Sorry for my last response,I intend using surface pump for changing the water.
Re: My Pond Project. Please Help by rotwailler(m): 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2019
Braaad:

When you have a proper mix of concrete and it is set, it is non porous unlike blocks.

What this means is that with concrete, you won't have that nasty growth of algae in your pond.

Of course you know what algae will do in your pond.

Back to your pond design, will your drain pipe be buried in the ground, or will water be pumped out using surface pump??

What's your plan on changing the water??

Sorry for my late response,I intend using surface pump for changing the water.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

GSM Network Booster- say goodbye to signal problems / How Closure Of Border Changed My Poverty Status To Wealth. You Can Check Too. / Good,quality Abakaliki Rice Available For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.