Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,176 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Send Iwobi,Ndidi,Uzoho,Onyekuru To Help U23- Duke Udi Urges Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Send Iwobi,Ndidi,Uzoho,Onyekuru To Help U23- Duke Udi Urges Rohr (775 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: U23 AFCON (0 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Libya: U23 AFCON Qualifier (4 - 0) On 25th March 2019 / Facts About Nigeria's Goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho With Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Send Iwobi,Ndidi,Uzoho,Onyekuru To Help U23- Duke Udi Urges Rohr by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2019
Former Nigeria international, Duke Udi has implored Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr to second Eagles’ players who fall within the age bracket to Dream Team VII so as to help the Imama Amakpakabo tutored side beat Libya on Monday, March 25 in Asaba.

Following what many have adjudged a disappointing performance, Nigeria’s U23 side is on a very slippery surface and must overturn a 2-0 loss suffered against Libya in the first leg of their Africa U-23 Cup of Nations qualifier played on Wednesday in Tunisia and Udi reckons the team can bounce back if it is effectively strengthened with young stars from the Super Eagles.

Asked about Nigeria’s chances in the reverse against Libya, Udi told brila.net: “I feel the Super Eagles Techincal Adviser, Gernot Rohr can help the U23 team by sending players like Alex Iwobi, Francis, Wilfred Ndidi and others who fall within the age bracket to the side.

“I know such a move will make the Dream Team VII unstoppable. These players have the quality to easily turn the tide in Nigeria’s favour.’

Interestingly, critics in some quarters are also pointing fingers of fault at the coach, Imama Amapakabo for relying basically on foreign-based players, to the detriment of several talents in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL). However, Udi still feels the Dream Team require more foreign-based pros.

www.brila.net

Re: Send Iwobi,Ndidi,Uzoho,Onyekuru To Help U23- Duke Udi Urges Rohr by Icon79(m): 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2019
Typical Naija brigade approach. The team has a bad result and the first solution is to get rid of the players and replace them with "better players" and then turn them into a team within 2 days!

We think that the easiest way to win a football match is by gathering the best players available. They don't care about team cohesion, playing style, understanding etc.

O pari
Re: Send Iwobi,Ndidi,Uzoho,Onyekuru To Help U23- Duke Udi Urges Rohr by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 22, 2019
Icon79:
Typical Naija brigade approach. The team has a bad result and the first solution is to get rid of the players and replace them with "better players" and then turn them into a team within 2 days!

We think that the easiest way to win a football match is by gathering the best players available. They don't care about team cohesion, playing style, understanding etc.

O pari

Honestly the boys in the U23 camp are good enough to overturn the 2-0 goals deficit they suffered in the hands of the Libyans.

What do I even know.

We can't afford not to make progress in the qualifiers though.
Re: Send Iwobi,Ndidi,Uzoho,Onyekuru To Help U23- Duke Udi Urges Rohr by Icon79(m): 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2019
Thank you, my dear. Some folks would prefer to get rid of the players who have been training together for weeks; replace them with new set of players who haven't trained/played together and expect them to perform wonders shocked

What annoys me the most that even people who ought to know better are also joining this chorus. I mean, player to player, the boys we parade in the current U-23 team are better than anything the Libyans have. Names don't play football!

O pari

Daninya111:

Honestly the boys in the U23 camp are good enough to overturn the 2-0 goals deficit they suffered in the hands of the Libyans.

What do I even know.

We can't afford not to make progress in the qualifiers though.
Re: Send Iwobi,Ndidi,Uzoho,Onyekuru To Help U23- Duke Udi Urges Rohr by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 22, 2019
Icon79:
Thank you, my dear. Some folks would prefer to get rid of the players who have been training together for weeks; replace them with new set of players who haven't trained/played together and expect them to perform wonders shocked

What annoys me the most that even people who ought to know better are also joining this chorus. I mean, player to player, the boys we parade in the current U-23 team are better than anything the Libyans have. Names don't play football!

O pari

The Libyans can't stop us if the team plays for each other.
We can beat them convincingly.

Injecting new players at this time will spell doom for the team.

Just as you said, names don't play football.
Re: Send Iwobi,Ndidi,Uzoho,Onyekuru To Help U23- Duke Udi Urges Rohr by Icon79(m): 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
Triple KPOM!

O pari

Daninya111:

The Libyans can't stop us if the team plays for each other.
We can beat them convincingly.

Injecting new players at this time will spell doom for the team.

Just as you said, names don't play football.

1 Like

Re: Send Iwobi,Ndidi,Uzoho,Onyekuru To Help U23- Duke Udi Urges Rohr by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 23, 2019
Icon79:
Triple KPOM!

O pari

O pari.

It is finished ryt?

(1) (Reply)

Have U Heard This Before / Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Off Incredible Skills At Juventus Training (Photos) / Download Video: Aston Villa Vs Manchester City 1-6 All Goals & Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.