Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade (35670 Views)

Why The Kano Tribunal Verdict Can’t Stand - Farooq Kperogi / Fayose Mocks APC, Buhari As Tribunal Declares Adeleke As The Winner / Fani Kayode Congratulates Adeleke As Tribunal Declares Him As The Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by Excelboi(m): 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
sexiestharam:
I have a question. Will Oyetola still remain as Governor while APC appeals the tribunal ruling or will Adeleke be sworn in today or tomorrow? I am confused.
APC will most likely file an appeal by Monday and they may be heard. They will file for an exparte order along praying or asking the court to stay the execution of that judgment pending the outcome of the appeal and status quo should be maintained, meaning that the APC governor will still be in power till whatever the court of Appeal decides.
Today is not a good day for APC as it's Friday and they can't run to court till Monday.

3 Likes

Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by OlujobaSamuel: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
sexiestharam:
I have a question. Will Oyetola still remain as Governor while APC appeals the tribunal ruling or will Adeleke be sworn in today or tomorrow? I am confused.
Who ever is on seat remains till exhaustion of appeal. Oyetola remains till supreme court rules otherwise or he chooses not to appeal at C of A or SC

3 Likes

Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by Olugbayi: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
seunmsg:
Oyetola remains the governor of Osun State and he would be in office for four good years. The kangaroo judgement that was delivered today cannot stand. The minority judgement delivered by the tribunal chairman upheld the election and disagreed with the majority ruling. I’m very confident that the court of appeal will upturn the judgement.

WILL OSUN ALLOW A SCHOOL CERT FAILURE TO PRESIDE A STATE BLESSED WITH BRILLIANT EDUCATED PEOPLE. ..?

I WONDER !

2 Likes

Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by Ojiofor: 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2019
Buhari,Oshio and Tinubu the bullion van thief are all cancer to our democracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by dannyyol2018: 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2019
I develop Mobile apps and web applications at affordable price, see my signature
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by Excelboi(m): 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2019
seunmsg:
Oyetola remains the governor of Osun State and he would be in office for four good years. The kangaroo judgement that was delivered today cannot stand. The minority judgement delivered by the tribunal chairman upheld the election and disagreed with the majority ruling. I’m very confident that the court of appeal will upturn the judgement.
Serious pain grin You should be placed on suicide watch.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by Naijastar001: 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2019
Charmingrascal:
As an APC supportet I won't deny the fact that Osun election was rigged in favour of Oyetola.

Congratulations to Adeleke and Davido

However same can't be said about the Presidential election because PMB won Atiku and no doubt about that

Well i also hate pdp deeply but Lagos gubernatorial was also massively rigged by APC, all of una wey no go collect pvc make una siddon there, touts dey use una pvc vote when scanner no dey work. Make una dey sleep on bicycle. Wake up my people. Nigeria has got to stop being a joke. I prefer Apc to Pdp in LASG and FG sha.
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by Oluwahfemi: 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2019
Join Waec 2019 Expo Group
Click link to Join https:///GaL4W2JePeAF6zILKYPZsY
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by odumessi(m): 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2019
sexiestharam:

Oyetola will remain as the governor because the appeal will be filed on Monday morning, and once a case is in Court, status quo has to be maintained...hope I have answered your question?
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by BuhariDcow: 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hahahaha
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by discusant: 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2019
teebaxy:
I hate Apc, one would think they have something tangible to offer their people oh only for them to continue with the reckless half salary scheme ...nonesense

APC.
Party that can't create wealth for Nigerians. Only share TraderMoney for votes, rig elections upandan.

Who said president Buhari won second term?

Waiting for the Judiciary to retaliate for Buhari cabal's assault on the learned gentlemen of the bench and bar; as the cabal humiliated the CJN and by extension, the Judicial arm of govt, as the cabal's early move to rig the 2019 election.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by wristbangle: 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2019
Supreme Court has the final say on this. Same case happened in Abia, 2015 between PDP & APGA.

APGA won the tribunal but lost in appeal and supreme court.

PDP should not rejoice yet. They still have 2 more battles to fight but then congrats to them winning the tribunal decision.

1 Like

Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by madridsta007(m): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Bola Bamigbola, Osogbo

All Progressives Congress in Osun has rejected the judgment of the Election Petition Tribunal verdict that declared Adeleke the winner of the 2018 governorship election in the state.

APC, in a terse message sent to our correspondent by the party’s spokesperson, Mr. Kunle Oyatomi, said, “‘The verdict cannot stand superior legal scrutiny. Therefore we will appeal against it.”

https://punchng.com/verdict-cant-stand-superior-legal-scrutiny-says-apc-as-tribunal-declares-adeleke-2018-osun-gov-poll-winner/

It would be a waste of money as the decision was based on constitutionally legal grounds.
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by discusant: 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2019
wristbangle:
Supreme Court has the final say on this. Same case happened in Abia, 2015 between PDP & APGA.

APGA won the tribunal but lost in appeal and supreme court.

PDP should not rejoice yet. They still have 2 more battles to fight but then congrats to them winning the tribunal decision.

Did PDP insult the Judicial arm of govt in 2015? No.

It's tit for tat, Buhari cabal started to humiliate the Judicial arm of govt.
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by daporclooney(m): 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
Victory for democracy, lets learn to use the system... Nigeria work again, Congrats.i beg help my hustle. grin cool

Did you need Cargo Clearing & Forwarding services or you need to send small packages, Fragile goods,Excess bugagges,Personal Effect?@fortransexpress is safe,affordable, reliable & on time, all the time.we get it cleared & deliver to your door step.Chap!Chap!!

Call-+2348060084095
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by uchennaq(m): 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Bola Bamigbola, Osogbo

All Progressives Congress in Osun has rejected the judgment of the Election Petition Tribunal verdict that declared Adeleke the winner of the 2018 governorship election in the state.

APC, in a terse message sent to our correspondent by the party’s spokesperson, Mr. Kunle Oyatomi, said, “‘The verdict cannot stand superior legal scrutiny. Therefore we will appeal against it.”

https://punchng.com/verdict-cant-stand-superior-legal-scrutiny-says-apc-as-tribunal-declares-adeleke-2018-osun-gov-poll-winner/

APC the party of evil men should go and eat poo
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by daporclooney(m): 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2019
5:21pm
Victory for democracy, lets learn to use the system... Nigeria work again, Congrats.i beg help my hustle. grin cool

Did you need Cargo Clearing & Forwarding services or you need to send small packages, Fragile goods,Excess bugagges,Personal Effect?@fortransexpress is safe,affordable, reliable & on time, all the time.we get it cleared & deliver to your door step.Chap!Chap!!

Call-+2348060084095
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by Charly68: 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2019
MobilityExpress:
grin Lawyers keep playing Politicians like football. Can't you see the script they are playing? Tribunal voids Oyetola, upholds Adeleke, lawyers on both sides chop millions. APC appeals, then court of appeal nullifies tribunal judgment, lawyers on both sides chop more millions. Then PDP goes to Supreme Court, then final final, Supreme Court retains APC's Oyetola, lawyers on both sides chop excessive millions and later go and enjoy themselves together while Nigerians are fighting themselves. What a great time to be an electoral lawyer grin
Are you a prophet ? You see well oo!
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by wristbangle: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
discusant:

Did PDP insult the Judicial arm of govt in 2015? No.

It's tit for tat, Buhari cabal started to humiliate the Judicial arm of govt.

Bro, could you quote where APC did the same here? Mind you, I'm not an advocate for both parties.

Two more battles to go for PDP to really claim the victory. I hope they win @ appeal and supreme court.

About the sudden dismissal of Innogen, former CJN, that is crude and shameless decision by the executive arm of government.

1 Like

Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by wristbangle: 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2019
MobilityExpress:
grin Lawyers keep playing Politicians like football. Can't you see the script they are playing? Tribunal voids Oyetola, upholds Adeleke, lawyers on both sides chop millions. APC appeals, then court of appeal nullifies tribunal judgment, lawyers on both sides chop more millions. Then PDP goes to Supreme Court, then final final, Supreme Court retains APC's Oyetola, lawyers on both sides chop excessive millions and later go and enjoy themselves together while Nigerians are fighting themselves. What a great time to be an electoral lawyer grin
You are smart bro
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by LZAA: 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2019
Rotjijatau:
I pity and laugh at people who think Democracy is at work.... You think Buhari doesn’t know what is happening. It is a calculated political strategy by the president to justify democracy under his rule and further shut contrary wailers!
My own deep fear is even 2023 when the goats supporting"jagaban" and jagaban will be kicked to the kerb and another northerner will be presented as presido as against the rotational presidency template advocated earlier
This "entity" is gone
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2019
Stanweezy:
Election period is money making season for lawyers
yes and amazingly, they're doing the right things...giving incorruptible judgements
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by iswallker(m): 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Will this get to supreme court..

Fool it ends at appeal
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by damzy88: 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2019
kayjay69:
I guess we will see about that.

Mind you, I am not for any particular political party. I believe they are all the same, a bunch of thieving low lifes.

With that said, I believe that power should always reside with the people and they should have the ability to freely and fairly elect whoever leads them. They may be right and They may be wrong but it is important, especially in Nigeria that people have the unhindered right to vote and such votes are not manipulated.

APC shouldn't cry wolf, remember they relied on these same tribunals to get them into power in Osun, Imo and another state. So if tribunals were effective then, they sure as hell are effective now. You cant eat your cake and have it. Generally I am happy that as a country we atleast have some semblance of an opposition in the PDP even though I generally dislike the politics of both parties however there is no democracy without a viable opposition even if the opposition has proven in the past to be just as bad as the incumbent (debatable but my opinion). It is a pity our politics is a do or die affair where politicians clinge to elected office at all cost and we have clearly failed to learn from our past mistakes.

I wouldn't rush to celebrate, Nigeria's problems are systemic, we the people also account for some of it. Yes we cheer in one leader and boo the other out of office but our problems remain and they continue to affect us all regardless of tribe, religion and political persuasion.

Well thought out opinion wink
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by mikkyofGod(m): 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2019
Where would adeleke put his face now
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 22, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Who ever is on seat remains till exhaustion of appeal. Oyetola remains till supreme court rules otherwise or he chooses not to appeal at C of A or SC
in his best interest, he must challenge the ruling else what the judgement says is he didn't win so, he would be left with no option than to do the needful by vacating the office of the governor. If he's wise enough, he should challenge the ruling at the appeal court to buy him more time to steal and enjoy all the freebies and benefits as governor

1 Like

Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by SirLakes: 5:30pm On Mar 22, 2019
Like PDP like APC

2 useless party cheesy
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by zoedew: 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
Contemptuous statement.
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by yetunsbay(m): 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2019
teebaxy:
I hate Apc, one would think they have something tangible to offer their people oh, only for them to continue with their reckless ,useless and barbaric half salary scheme ...nonesense
APC & PDP are birds of a feather
Re: ‘verdict Can’t Stand Superior Legal Scrutiny,’ Says APC As Tribunal Declares Ade by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2019
slivertongue:
Banza a banza
d downfall of apc has just began. Bunch of rogues

Tinubu must be in severe pains by now grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orji Kalu: Nothing Wrong With Muslim-Muslim Ticket For Tinubu / Uju Ndubuisi Chukwu Found Dead In South African Hotel / Who Would Be The Next President Of Nigeria Between Atiku And Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.