Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money (30210 Views)

Edo Election: Ganduje Lands In Benin City For APC, Ize-Iyamu Campaign (Photos) / Edo Election: Ganduje Says "We’ll Isolate Gov Wike, Humiliate Obaseki" / Date For Osun Supplementary Election: INEC Sets September 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Phock2sweet: 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2019
ManirBK:
Kano Supplementary Election: Ganduje executes more emergency projects in crucial ward, shares money

The Kano State Government is going on with more projects and programmes at Gama ward of Nassarawa local government, in the state, amidst criticism of ethical misconduct from activists.

Gama, a densely populated area, is a big decider in the supplementary election in the state scheduled for Saturday..

Mr Ganduje currently trails the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Abba Kabir-Yusuf, by about 26,000 votes in the election declared inconclusive by the electoral commission, INEC.
Because the margin of lead is less than the 141,694 votes cancelled, supplementary elections will now be held in the affected areas, including Gama, one of the most populated.

On Sunday, PREMIUM TIMES reported execution of three projects, comprising refuse evacuation, mass drilling of boreholes and road reconstruction which kicked off almost simultaneously in Gama.

More projects are now being carried out in the area, including direct cash payments that have generated strong criticism from pro-democracy voices.
Gama’s result was cancelled in the aftermath of the March 9 governorship election.
The cancellation followed an attack on the local government’s collation centre on March 11 allegedly led by top officials of the Abdullahi Ganduje administration.

The attack was believed to have been led by the state’s deputy governor, Nasiru Gawuna.
The altercation led to the destruction of result sheets for the ward, according to INEC and returning officers.
Mr Gawuna, the commissioner for local governments, Murtala Garo, and chairman of the local government area, Lamin Sani, were arrested by the police at the scene.

The police command letter issued a statement confirming the involvement of Messrs Garo and Sani, promising to charge them to court after investigation.
Mr Garo has however disputed the police’s account, as he denied any wrongdoing.

More bazaar

Gama, a densely populated area of the metropolis, is bedevilled by a number of infrastructural and development challenges.

Since Friday, the community has been busy, with government workers and contractors executing various assignments on behalf of the Ganduje administration.
On Friday, detachments of refuse evacuation vehicles were dispatched to the area to evacuate long-abandoned dump sites.

On Saturday, two other projects sprang up; asphalt overlay on Gama’s main artery, Audu Utai Road, and digging of at least 11 boreholes in the area.
Since then, a free eye treatment campaign was flagged off, offering surgeries and medication. A health centre in the area, Isa Kaita Hospital, which has been decrepit is now undergoing a massive facelift.

Residents of the area reported the presence of another detachment of workers who are assigned to give mosques in the area quick facelifts.

On Wednesday, the state deputy governor led the distribution of delivery packs to pregnant women with Mr Ganduje’s picture emblazoned on them.
Another set of women were also presented with N10,000 each as start-up capital at the same occasion.
Football kits are also due to be shared to selected clubs located in the area on Thursday.
Mr Ganduje’s handlers announced that the governor will perform the congregational Friday prayer for this week in the community.

Criticism mounts

More voices are condemning Mr Ganduje’s action describing it as open inducement of voters.
“It is clearly a case of voter inducement”, said Jibrin Ibrahim, a professor of political science and senior fellow at the Centre for Democracy and Development.
“He wasn’t doing these projects before this time, and it is interesting to see that nothing is going to Dakata, which is the next ward to Gama. So, it is clearly directed at the voters,” he said.

Mr Ibrahim, however, expressed optimism that the sudden projects would not “fool” voters in the area.
“It is very clear that these projects that Governor Ganduje is hurriedly executing are not budgeted for. They are not in the approved budget.” Said Auwal Rafsanjani, the executive director of the Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC).

“Government is not a personal project to use it for personal gain. I think, if you have a serious state assembly they should have asked how this sudden withdrawal is being done without even proper procurement. It is not just about carrying out these projects. There is no accountability in the manner in which these projects are executed,” he said.
Mr Rafsanjani said the political motive of the projects is glaring.

“The question is, what was he doing all this while that he abandoned these areas without carrying out infrastructural projects in those places?”

Government Defends Action

The state government, however, defended its action as legitimate.

Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES on Sunday, commissioner for information, Mohammed Garba, said there is nothing wrong for the government to do anything that is not illegal in order to get support for Mr Ganduje.

“Personally I don’t think there is anything wrong with this. Whatever a politician would do to get the support of the people, provided it is going to benefit the people, I don’t see anything wrong with that,” he said.
“If that project is for the benefit of the people of Gama, and part of strategy, the government decides to execute it at this material time, personally I didn’t see anything wrong”.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/321336-kano-supplementary-election-ganduje-executes-more-emergency-projects-in-crucial-ward-shares-money.html?
just like buhari....ganduja is clueless to the core.

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by ZIAZI(m): 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2019
Let's critically look at this issue, Gov.Ganduje might be using these emergency projects to divert funds should in case he looses d election.

2 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by oldman112(m): 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2019
I wish them sense
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by mrvitalis(m): 7:13pm On Mar 22, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
grin grin Not possible sharing Money APC is a party filled with Saints.

Abeg clear road for my Incoming Governor
Lol finally he has accepted his incoming governor
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Effiongdbest: 7:17pm On Mar 22, 2019
Gandollar desperado shows he knows he is not loved by his people.
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by truthstands20: 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2019
141,694 is total number of cancelled votes of the polling units, how many is the total number of PVC collected because that's the number that will vote. INEC must publish the number of PVC collected not registered voters because we know that many people did not collect PVC.
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Another failure whose imminent defeat will be celebrated!

I trust Kano people them they wait you for polls!!!

as in it will be so bad! You cannot bribe them enough, they will still vote with their hearts and minds.

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by flowalk(m): 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2019
StOla:
The leadership suddenly realized that the power is in the hands of the electorate.

This is how democracy should be.

Those in power and authority should wield it, knowing it was given to them and it can be withdrawn.

power is in the hand of the electorate for now, let just wait til after the election
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
I just pray that the GAMA people will not behave like the Yorubas or the Igbos by selling their conscience and voting on the bases of inducement.Yorubas and Igbos are the two most confused tribes in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by flowalk(m): 7:25pm On Mar 22, 2019
To my greatest surprise I thought people of Katsina will support Ganduje considering the fact that their governor is APC and their close relationship with kano, rather they are showering their support for Abba Gida Gida of PDP

Next level politics
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Marvis4real(f): 7:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
my good Nairalanders should help me subscribe for monthly MTN data as my sub expires tommorow to enable me continue my online Graphic design and photography courses

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Lovelyn451(f): 7:33pm On Mar 22, 2019
But where are they always sharing these monies ?Ganduje please I'm in kano, where should I coman collect my own share..
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by blackmantis: 7:33pm On Mar 22, 2019
Inec should move the election forward a bit let him do more
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Orpe7(m): 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2019
Why cant u just keep what u have stolen na by force to be gov ni
Except he has more in his cupboard we dont know about
Thou winning kano is crucial for APC towards 2023
Awon KKK states
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
Avedonn:
Kano people will surely regret if they they vote out Ganduje because faulty as its, the man has transformed Kano state. So basically Abba is wasting is time and resource on futile and bleak quest.

Sai Ganduje tsoho Uban Abba;

Baban Abba Ganduje;

Gatan Abba Ganduje;

Kai Abba ga baban ka Ganduje;

Kabi ubanka kai Abba.

Gida Gida akwai Abba.. Sunansu yayanka
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by farouk2much(m): 7:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
Avedonn:
Kano people will surely regret if they they vote out Ganduje because faulty as its, the man has transformed Kano state. So basically Abba is wasting is time and resource on futile and bleak quest.

Baban Abba Ganduje;

Gatan Abba Ganduje;

Kabi ubanka kai Abba.

keep your dirty mouth shut useless somebody. You are great liar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Agugbadin: 7:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
Ganduje must go regardless of emergency project

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by OkoroJP2020: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2019
Politics & politicians, well! If you know you know... Rubbish
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by wealth2al(m): 8:04pm On Mar 22, 2019
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by IbrahimDamola: 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
Gandollarje is definitely having sleepless nights about this election. Only God knows how many tablets of Valium 5 and lexotan he swallows every night, just to get a few hours snore. cheesy grin

1 Share

Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Hiarmn(m): 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2019
if PDP get there ,they fuckup even more than Ganduje has done
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Avedonn: 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
papiforreal:

Gida Gida akwai Abba.. Sunansu yayanka

Kanawa sai Uban Abba!

Yayi aiki har over.
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Avedonn: 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2019
farouk2much:
keep your dirty mouth shut useless somebody. You are great liar

Mu kanawa sai Uban Abba.

Ganduje kai Uban su ne Gomna.

Allah ya maimai tamana Uban Abba.
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol finally he has accepted his incoming governor

Sure Bro no time for hate. We are all Imolites
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by MrBONE2(m): 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
ManirBK:
SAI GANDOLLAR!!!

Emmm Now you are talking grin

Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by ibnlawal(m): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
Avedonn:

Baban Abba Ganduje;

Gatan Abba Ganduje;

Kabi ubanka kai Abba.

Who's this one?? Did u even read the post?? E be like say na Tiger battery ur brain dey use, light no too dey there again
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Avedonn: 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2019
ibnlawal:

Who's this one?? Did u even read the post?? E be like say na Tiger battery ur brain dey use, light no too dey there again

Kano sai tsoho Uban Abba.
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
Avedonn:

Kanawa sai Uban Abba!

Yayi aiki har over.

Lol.. Bansan Ganduje Amma inasan wakar rarara.. I think there's no Living Hausa musician that has his way with Hausa words and punch lines kamar rarara.
My favourite. ..
Kowakki Ubansa ya tabe, to Kai Abba KUL Dinka grin grin grin
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by onyiloyi(m): 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2019
Ganduje aka Mr. Project is trying to build Rome in a day...... Hehehehehe
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Femich18(m): 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
So nah now day break for projects in this community? I hope he lose 2moro. That will send a message to the incoming governors and other political officers elected.
They cannot keep fooling the people!
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Uptown7(m): 9:51pm On Mar 22, 2019
You might fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all the people everytime.
Re: Supplementary Election: Ganduje Executes More Emergency Projects, Shares Money by Avedonn: 9:51pm On Mar 22, 2019
papiforreal:

Lol.. Bansan Ganduje Amma inasan wakar rarara.. I think there's no Living Hausa musician that has his way with Hausa words and punch lines kamar rarara.
My favourite. ..
Kowakki Ubansa ya tabe, to Kai Abba KUL Dinka grin grin grin

Lol so you know the song.

Wlh the guy is gifted when it comes to singing.

I always laugh whenever I listen to that song.

Ya gama da Abba a wannan wakar.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Cities Are Nigeria's Most Important Economically? / Metuh To EFCC: I’d Rather Starve Than Refund N400m / Yemi Osinbajo Arrives For His Presidential Primary Screening (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.