Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Familly - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Familly (382 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Familly by dagama49(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
HYPOCRISY AND EYE SERVICE WILL NOT KILL US IN AFRICA

BY EGBEOLOWO RIDWAN

I once asked my mother the real reason why they never for once kissed in our presence, the response I got was terrible. In fact, she told me the history of how I came to this world and why I could summon the courage to ask her such an irresponsible question according to her as a typical African woman. Then i asked her, how did they manage to have us as their children?. She laughed and stirred at me as if have done something wrong. The look on her face like one biblical Mary who claimed to have conceived by the holy spirit(laughing my ass out). What baffles me most is that, in this part of the world, this is a general thing that is very rampant in many families. You see parents that never for once talked about sex education to their children, then one begins to wonder how they gave birth in the first place. African parents likes to bypass the concept of sex education or anything related to it.
It is either they don't take it seriously or they don't even see the need to discuss about it.
I once asked my friend's mum same question I asked my mother, all I could get was, "you know that is African parents for u". I smiled and asked her if she knows the importance of parents being real to their children. She insisted and said same thing she asserted earlier on. I put an end to the conversation knowing fully well that hypocrisy, eye service, hiding and doing, and let them not catch me there have characterized almost 90% of African parents. They ignore things that matters and go after irrelevant ones. They failed to sit their children down and tell them the reality of life. They know the importance of reality, but the spirit of hypocrisy and let them not catch me there will Not allow them to do the right thing at the right time. This is it, as a mother or a father, when you failed to relate with your children in a realistic manner, it is either they end up chasing shadows or anything related to it. This is one of the reasons why the younger ones finds it difficult to build their relationships for a year or more. The same way marriages are falling like the wall of Jericho(especially couples who got married in their 20s).African parents must know that they are no longer in dark ages where primitive things are in their prime. The world is now a global village where reality is indispensable. Either by default or its opposite, African parents must learn how to do away with hypocrisy and eye service. They need to start telling their children the reality of life in relation to what is going on in the outside world, and not some tales about their forebears that does not even exist if properly checked. This is a call to sober reflection as it would interest my readers that am also a victim of this domestic rodomontade. I called it 'AFRICAN DOMESTIC SYNDROME(ADS)'..

Long live Africa!
E Africa, E Soweto
Re: Familly by ImaIma1(f): 11:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
They hide behind the "African" facade in a bid to avoid talking about it or making us see them in that light...that the had sex to have us.

It's hard for most children to imagine that their parents can come close, let alone have sex. Many people have never seen their parents hug or even hold hands.

But i believe all that is changing and parents will be more expressive.
Re: Familly by crackhaus: 12:22am On Mar 23, 2019
dagama49:
This is a call to sober reflection as it would interest my readers that am also a victim of this domestic rodomontade. I called it 'AFRICAN DOMESTIC SYNDROME(ADS)'..

Long live Africa!
E Africa, E Soweto
There is no need for sober reflection. The time of your parents has passed, it is your time now.

You, do better and be better.

(1) (Reply)

Generator For Sale / Shocking! Woman Dies Minutes After Giving Birth / Check Out A List Of Foods Your Child Must Eat To Have Strong Bones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.