Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Are The Novels Of D.O Fagunwa The Greatest Yoruba Novels?(Pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are The Novels Of D.O Fagunwa The Greatest Yoruba Novels?(Pics) (508 Views)

D.o.fagunwa: The Great Nigerian Author Of "Ogboju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmole" Who Tr / UNILAG Student Turns Into A Mermaid At Fagunwa Hall, Gets Arrested (Photos) / Name The Seven Brave Hunters In D O Fagunwa's Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are The Novels Of D.O Fagunwa The Greatest Yoruba Novels?(Pics) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
I can never get over the thrills I got from reading the novels of D.O Fagunwa when growing up.

Igbo Olodumare
Ogboju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmole
Ireke Onibudo
Irinkerindo Ninu Igbo Elegbeje
Aditu Eludumare.

Those Yoruba books are richly entertaining and attention deeply engaging.

The books could have won global awards if they had been written in English or French. The sad thing is that the books would fail to retell the stories with the original impression of the author if translated into another language.

Someone once tried to translate one of the books when he titled it " The forest of a thousand demons." I don't think his work was appreciated.

If you are Yoruba and have not read those books, you are like a student of English Literature that has not read any novel of Shakespeare.

Let's hear from you. Which one have you read?

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Jamb 2019 Results / The Problem Of Solid Waste Management In Nigeria Cities / 2019 Utme Thread For Jambites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.