Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

How Can User Login Page Be Created Using C# - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can User Login Page Be Created Using C# (2586 Views)

How To Design A Simple Bulk Sms Site Using C# / How To Design A Free Php Login Page / How To Design A Php Login Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can User Login Page Be Created Using C# by polymath2: 11:58am On Sep 06, 2010
Hello dotnet programmer, i want to know how to create and customize my own login page and connect it to database, instead of me using .net Login
Re: How Can User Login Page Be Created Using C# by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 07, 2010
your post is not making any sense to me, sorry. First is it a programming or web programming question.
If you dont know, i will have to say it that C# can be used in 2 ways:
A. Inside asp.net just like you use vb.net in asp.net
B. Directly to develop a software

Now, if you are posting this here, you are probably talking about the web version (A). But the way your post
goes shows that you are probably talking about B.

If you are looking for an asp.net/c# solution, you may probably get a good response here. But if it is the
programming one you are talking about, you berra go to the programming side.

Then again, i can see you are not an experienced programmer. You need to specify what database you are
talking about. Is it an access database, mssql, mysql, sql server 2005 or what? The methods are slightly different
and you need to have an understanding of the database you select. You must have one of the database engines
in place. And must have created a database into the system with tables and all the relevant structures, before
you can talk of connecting to it.

I do software programming alongside with webdev, so i have an idea of what you are talking about. . .
Re: How Can User Login Page Be Created Using C# by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 07, 2010
I think he's refering to Windows Form on ASP.NET for Web with C#, but thats strange there's google and tons of website with answers to this problem,
Re: How Can User Login Page Be Created Using C# by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2010
Like i said, he does not know where to start. i ave highlighted the problem well.
Re: How Can User Login Page Be Created Using C# by polymath2: 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2010
i appriciate yu dhtml, i am a beginner in web development. What i'm talking about is web application and my database is SQL EXPRESS SERVER 2005
Re: How Can User Login Page Be Created Using C# by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2010
Please clarify what you are saying. Are you developing a web application using asp.net/c# ? using the standard IDE ?

If i am correct, then enter "connecting to SQL EXPRESS SERVER 2005 c#" without the quotes into google and checkout the results.
The first result http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqldataaccess/thread/0b1f2551-4830-4537-897d-e7dbe206b7cd/ seem pretty interesting and informative.
There are different techniques to connecting to databases. But i think you should follow the one specified above. This is not really something i want to discuss, but if you run into problems, i might be able to help if you explain the problems clearly.
Re: How Can User Login Page Be Created Using C# by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2010
First do this in SQL Express 2005 to allow user instances,

EXEC sp_configure 'user instances enabled', 1
RECONFIGURE

Then, go to Visual C# Express, follow menu and sequence

Tools, Options,
Dialog box appears click Show All Setting (checkbox bottom left),
Database Tools, Data Connections, enter value in SQL Server Instance Name (mine is SERVERNAME\INSTANCE, as in MYLAPTOP\SQL2005)
Close

Then, do the Add Connection process, do select Data source Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlClient), Browse, file, Test

After successful connection you will see inconnection properties something like this (notice my instance name) if you are connecting with integrated security, or you might see username and password.

Data Source=.\SQL2005;AttachDbFilename="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\northwnd.mdf";Integrated Security=True;Connect Timeout=30;User Instance=True

AT THIS POINT, in your C# IDE you go to Database Explorer panel and should have Northwind in Data Connections list.

So, now you have to go to menu

Data, Add New Data Source, (a wizard shows up called Data Source Configuration WIzard)
Select Database, click Next
Select Northwind.mdf from drop down, click Next (you can review connection string clicking plus sign)
You may want to save that conn string in the project, click Next
Select desired tables, name your DataSet, click Finish

Now you have a data source to play with. You can see it in Solution Explorer panel.

The source is: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqldataaccess/thread/0b1f2551-4830-4537-897d-e7dbe206b7cd/

That looks correct, based on my experience in asp.net/vb. What you are probably using is asp.net/C# - it is almost the same thing.

(1) (Reply)

Shopping Carts Site / Free Nigerian Twitter Followers / LAGOS Professional Training On Web Design&development With Certification..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.