Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers (31423 Views)

Russia Sues Meta, Calls For Instagram To Be Blocked Over ‘death Calls’ / Iran Issues Warrant Of Arrest Against Trump, Others Over Death Of Its General / Boko Haram: Chad President Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by balonaija(f): 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2019
I don't believe this.
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by engreddy(m): 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2019
comshots:
Buratai has helped buhari rigged election so it will be a betrayal if buhari suspend the incompetent coas.
Just about 4 years ago, boko haram bombs were exploding inside abuja. Security reports indicated threats to enter lagos, bomb lagos etc. Today, we only hear them along the borders town of Borno, Adamawa and yobe.

I hardly call that incompetence. I hardly do
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by engreddy(m): 10:22pm On Mar 23, 2019
uc4uandc:
In Nigeria, Boko Haram finished over 100 Nigerian soldiers (RIP) in one attack just like that, n nothing happened.
Chiefs with balloon belly, sending youths on mission impossible of Technically defeated enemy
They will still send more soldier and arm them with 1955 gun grin grin grin Go on boys, the Lord is with you

Nigerian President and his Vice right now

The casualty figures was over blotted. It wasn't up to 50
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by ChiefSupplier55(m): 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2019
So the Bokos are every
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by foreshore(m): 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2019
ahmedkoded95:
Chad President Idriss Deby has fired his armed forces chief of staff following the latest bout of unrest which culminated in a Boko Haram attack that left 23 dead.

Deby fired Brahim Seid Mahamat and his two deputies by presidential decree after six years in the post-Friday night just hours after the attack in the southwest of the country.

The soldiers were killed after coming under attack from jihadists in the early hours of Friday morning in the deadliest attack on the Chadian military by Boko Haram, which launched an insurgency in Nigeria a decade ago.

The unrest has spread to neighbouring Niger and Chad with the Boko Haram revolt to date claiming more than 27,000 lives and uprooting more than 1.7 million people.

Friday’s attack took place at Dangdala, on the northeastern bank of Lake Chad.

Thursday had seen another attack by the group kill eight civilians at Karidi in southeastern Niger in the Diffa region bordering Lake Chad, The area is one of the worst-hit areas for jihadist attacks in Niger.

Troops from Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Nigeria have been grouped into a multi-national force to fight Boko Haram.

Deby’s reorganisation of security — which included the suspension of the air force chief and his deputy — saw army chief of staff Taher Erda take the top job with a general from the northeastern region of Tibesti made chief advisor on national defence issues.

Erda is a Deby loyalist and former police chief who fought alongside the president before he took power in 1990.

The air force suspensions followed the discovery of debris from an helicopter which went missing more than a week ago in the north.

The sparsely populated, mainly desert region near the border with Sudan, Libya and Niger is volatile prone to attack from Chadian rebel groups based across the Libyan border.

In late January, France pounded Chadian rebels who had crossed back into their country from Libya to halt their incursion.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/03/23/boko-haram-chad-fires-military-chief-over-death-of-23-soldiers/amp/?utm_source=TW&utm_medium=ChannelsTV-%20AutoPoster&utm_campaign=SNAP%20from%20Channels%20Television&__twitter_impression=true

Cc lalasticlala
If it's in Nigeria let them kill the whole Nigerian Military, the dullard in his cluelessness will still not fire anybody

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Okwyjesus(m): 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2019
frankman365:
My country has technically defeated BOKO HARAM

Nigeria choked of insincerity.
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by samlake(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2019
That's the right way to go...
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by xpool(m): 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2019
engreddy:

Just about 4 years ago, boko haram bombs were exploding inside abuja. Security reports indicated threats to enter lagos, bomb lagos etc. Today, we only hear them along the borders town of Borno, Adamawa and yobe.

I hardly call that incompetence. I hardly do
You are too incompetent!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 23, 2019
Chad that we used to ridicule as a banana republic back in those days is now way ahead of Nigeria. Their armed forces are fully professional, well trained and disciplined, in contrast to cowardly Nigerian soldiers whose specialty is ballot-box snatching and molestation of unarmed civilians.

Approximately fifty thousand lives have been lost Boko Haram in Nigeria, soldiers and civilians included, yet Buhari is bereft of ideas or initiative. Shame.
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by nextstep(m): 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2019
Benlight:
Big kudos to a president that is alive. What should I say to the lifeless one and his comrades?

You know, before I would blame Buhari for his failings. But after this last election I just blame Nigerians, because na we put am dere*.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Oshotse21(m): 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2019
The only thing I like about buratai na him swag... grin
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by AngelicBeing: 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2019
soke02:
That's a president
Gbam grin

Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by BHigher(m): 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2019
Mr Man, assuming you were a soldier and the only one killed(meaning casualty figure of 1), it shouldn't be treated with levity.
Shut the Bleep up and stop rationalizing bullshit!

engreddy:

The casualty figures was over blotted. It wasn't up to 50
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Ohraykon: 11:38pm On Mar 23, 2019
Charly68:
The population of chad is not up to that of Lagos state alone & some folks are making stupid comparism on this page
baskat God go punish u

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Hottdawgg: 11:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
They have had a long time to practice with Nigerian soldiers. Chad should expect more
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by uchewilliam18: 11:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
Why does Burantashi still have a job
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 23, 2019
comshots:
Buratai has helped buhari rigged election so it will be a betrayal if buhari suspend the incompetent coas.
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Aboks(m): 12:10am On Mar 24, 2019
CHAD MY COUNTRY KUDOS 2 MAN OF THE PEOPLE, A MAN WHO VALUE THE LIVES OF HIS PEOPLE, NOT D HERDSMAN WE CALL PRESIDENT THAT IS FIGHTING KWARAPTION...

Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by toplinetrtrend: 1:43am On Mar 24, 2019
, sarrki, seunmsg, yarimo, gravelslam, The way you support obvious failure, is it because the summary of your life is failure? Just an innocent question.
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Judybash93(m): 2:25am On Mar 24, 2019
Truefaith:
The worst thing anyone can do against himself is to push God away because his parents were misled into errors and worship of a false god.

There is only one God in the whole universe.

His name is Jesus Christ.

That is the only name He made available to man to escape hell and damnation.

The Devil has been up to evil since beginning.

We all should check what Islam teaches. We must compare whatever we come by with the little we know about the God that made and sustains the universe.

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/2018/08/12/a-small-peek-at-islam/

Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Judybash93(m): 2:26am On Mar 24, 2019
nextstep:

You know, before I would blame Buhari for his failings. But after this last election I just blame Nigerians, because na we put am dere*.

You've said it all. We're the cause of our woes
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Dino98: 4:40am On Mar 24, 2019
soke02:
That's a president

Yop!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by usoroakpan(m): 5:36am On Mar 24, 2019
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 24, 2019
Download this lovely and beautiful love song from Xpol
http://www.naijapals.com/music/Basabasa_Rough_Rough__Xpol-92755
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by Awoleesu(m): 8:12am On Mar 24, 2019
soke02:
That's a president

THAT IS A PRESIDENT!
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by hyuga(m): 9:52am On Mar 24, 2019
Charly68:
The population of chad is not up to that of Lagos state alone & some folks are making stupid comparism on this page
So there is a measure to the worth of lives abi? It's Sunday I for say lipsrsealed angry
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by seunol35: 10:03am On Mar 24, 2019
cry
i wish PMB will think like this
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by luluosas(m): 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2019
And Burutai is still holding his office after hundreds of soldiers died in the battle against Boko Haram.
Re: Boko Haram: Chad Fires Military Chief Over Death Of 23 Soldiers by chukwumzurum(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2019
it won't be so in Nigeria where all the glutton politicians are in voracious search for wealth. using the slang 'fighting corruption' to further enrich themselves. #corrupt hypocrites

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Donald Trump Tweets About Reading Unverified Stories / Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid / Huge Explosion Hits Shia Mosque In Afghanistan, 32 Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.