Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? (18759 Views)

Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever / The Place Of Hiphop In Nigeria / Top 20 Reasons Why 2pac Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Bamsyle(m): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2008
@poster and all

I got 12 words for you:

Dead or alive I don't care but; Tupac can never be over-rated!!!!

Methinks he's even under-rated!!!!

@dblock
I listened to that Nigga and I'm like, That's wack. Nas is along the lines of Kanye West and Lupie Fiasco. He's good but He's no legend. Eminem is better and that's a Fact. And you can't even mention the Game and Nas in the same sentence.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are you alright Please go back to your doctor and complete your treatment.

I don't even know what part of that post of yours sounds the silliest.

Man, that's the dumbest thing I've heard in ages.

1 Like

Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by A40(m): 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2008
First and Foremost Pac is dead and two he was not over-rated he has had a better career dead than most rappers will ever have in their lifetime he is the greatest ever Period
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Sauron1: 12:47am On Nov 01, 2008
2pac is not really overrated. . . . . .That Nigga hurled lyrics. . . . .
Funny enough, my favourite 2pac's album is 7 day theory(Makaveli) and Still I Rise. . . . .
If u want it raw, hardcore and raw anger. . . .One can't go wrong with those albums.
Nigga was defly superior. . . .
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by A40(m): 1:10am On Nov 01, 2008
Still i Rise that Song was classic even his Outlaw pals sounded good on it.

Pac was good though one of my favorite lines of his was H.to da.O.to da.M.to da.I.to da.E i am down till the E.N.D
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by eldee(m): 10:12am On Nov 01, 2008
@A-40, Bamsyle and Sauron
Y'all should try to see what the OP was talking about
He pointed out that the whole 'Street' image Tupac gave us was exaggerated in his death
Yeah, Pac was rolling wiv the realest gangster we'll prolly ever hear of, but you have to remember that this bruv went to school while Biggie was hustling
Tupac made it appear like he was sum badman before he came into music, when it's obviously the opposite
That's what's over-rated, not his talent.
He's prolly the greatest rapper that ever walked on this soil, but he wasn't close to the Godfather image he gave us
You call sumone fake and the next thing everyone goes 'Pac's the realest' when this dude's first offence was jaywalking

mr me too:

Direct link: http://nhhopinions/2007/04/2pac-is-most-over-rated-rapper-of-all.html

You know what? I keep having this argument with people. I won't go as far as to say Pac didn't release great albums but the whole thug image that made Pac have all that following was fake as hell.

Fact: Pac didn't sell drugs because he wasn't good at it. The drug dealers, his friends, told him not to sell anymore because he wasn't good at it and stick to music and that they'll give him any support he needs in that area.

Fact:As mentioned in the blog he was in a school of performing arts. I'm not an advocate for rappers being gangsta or not being able to speak english, in fact I'm against it, but when you come out with your middle finger in the air, shouting in court, and acting for the camera, then you're trying to portray a certain image.

Fact:Another thing I tell people is that after "hit 'em up" when he was saying he screwed Faith Evans, biggie went up to him backstage at an awards show and confronted him and asked what all the bullshit was about, tupac's reply was,  "Its just business". Whenever I tell people that, they start making noise that its not possible Biggie went up to pac like he's some sort of Godfather. The way biggie handled it is the way grown men handle beef and not in some studio a thousand or so miles away making noise (thats a cowardly act, not gangsta lets not get it twisted).

Fact:Biggie on the other hand, was the one with the sort of gangasta past, he sold drugs and held his corner well, nobody could mess with him there but just because he was rapping about Versace and dancing with puffy people thought he was soft.

Fact: Tupac only started getting into trouble after he became a star when he joined deathrow, his first offence was jaywalking (thats when u cross a road without regards to traffic statutes). He went to jail for assault and he didn't like it (no normal human being sould love jail anyways) but he gets out and fools everybody like he's gangsta for being shot and going to jail.
Remove your Against All Odds-tinted-spectacles and read what this dude wrote
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by A40(m): 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2008
@eldee
I was not referring to his gangsta repertoire or whatever i was simply referring to his rap besides who doesn't know that these rappers do more shootings with their mouths than their hands
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by eldee(m): 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2008
A-40:

@eldee
I was not referring to his gangsta repertoire or whatever i was simply referring to his rap besides who doesn't know that these rappers do more shootings with their mouths than their hands
That's exactly what the original poster was talking about
The fact that sum people still see Pac as the embodiment of 'ghetto life' is amazing
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by shotster50(m): 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2008
Fact is the whole gangster, thuglife thing with Tupac was not real, it was just business simple. Given that he was still young when he died, I think it was just a passing phase.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by ikeyman00(m): 6:15am On Nov 02, 2008
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by ikeyman00(m): 6:17am On Nov 02, 2008
well dnt know much to talk about but what i can say is i[b] think 2pac is missunderstood![/b] he might be blahblah, but them badman comes on different form, i guess, he made it clear, im not a murder, i dnt wana commit murder, i think hes a soildier,

remember this tune-my definition of a thug nigger

so poster get ur head straight

he is a true soldier, and i think it takes a lot of courage to say what he said and even being on his shoes i think
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by point45(m): 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2008
tupac was ill man! d realest of da illest no doubt, but sometimes, i cant help but ask if truly he wasnt overrated. the world seems to react to sorrow related issues when it comes to hiphop.u doubt me? listen to bonethugs crossroads original version, no death, normal track. but the dj uneek remix that was done after eazy e died was no1 on charts for months!!!!!!!!. lostboyz -the LB4 life album sold more than anticipated because freaky tahrik died just b4 its release. 50 cent? who would have imagined that he would blow up? but no, the guy declined in making sense, started making dumb tracks and mixed it up with being shot, what do we get? superstar! even tuface used it. relevance? ask yourself if tupac would have had this much importance is he had been alive, i honestly doubt it.his best track dear mama was based on sentiments and even at that was released when he was alive.dont get me wrong peeps, tupac remains tha illest but he's not what people see him to be
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Sauron1: 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2008
eldee:

That's exactly what the original poster was talking about
The fact that sum people still see Pac as the embodiment of 'ghetto life' is amazing

Not a chance!!! He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
Pac was a poet. . . . .He stayed in school while growing up to learn poems.
I had more trouble as teenager than 2pac. grin cheesy
His whole THUG LIFE rubbish blew out after he became a celebrity.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by A40(m): 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2008
He was the closest thing to a gangster he lived what he rapped unlike most people that where in the game
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by chiogo(f): 10:30pm On Nov 02, 2008
Whether he was gangsta or not ain't my concern. But for someone whose mother was pregnant with him while in jail, he sure is a gangsta to me. And the craziest thing about him is that he talked about his death in many of his songs; it's like he knew he was going to die. Now, that's what I call a G!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by H2O2: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2008
Na gangster we go chop? What's so cool about getting raped in jail? With all this love you have for gangsters I'm sure you would hate to be impregnated by one.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by pheesayor(m): 11:10pm On Nov 02, 2008
chiogo:

So, whether he was gangsta or not ain't my concern. But for someone whose mother was pregnant with him while in jail, he sure is a gangsta to me. And the craziest thing about him is that he talked about his death in many of his songs; it's like he knew he was going to die. Now, that's what I call a G!
This is the best I've seen on this topic and is just true.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by smurf1(f): 5:56pm On Feb 23, 2009
@ Poster

What a pile of dung, what kind of blunts have you been sniffing? angry angry
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Jduck13(m): 3:28pm On May 29, 2009
YO who gives a Bleep why yaw hatin on him, Hes the best fuckin rapper ever,

They ain't nobody like Pac B.I.G. n Big L they the best of all time I miss them, They spit the truth, about real shit,
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by shotster50(m): 11:06pm On May 30, 2009
See how my man has been dead for 13 years yet his name wont stop coming out your fat lips lol. When you say the GOAT, it should mean greatest overall,  with that in mind i would say that as far as hip hop is concerned, Pac has had the most impact so he deserves that crown.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by BRENPOL83: 11:24am On Jan 31, 2016
How the Hell was Tupac not 'Thug Life'? He was in jail before he was even born, he grew up in poverty with the police harassing his family.

He grew up in ghettos, he was sent to the school of preforming arts because he was going to be EXPELLED from the school he was at and be just another black kid f***&d by the system.

He hung about with drug dealers and they respected him that much that he didn't even have to sell drugs to hang with them where if he was a punk they would have bullied him.

His mom was a crack head and he was still resiliant enough to still make a success of himself.
He was homeless for two years.
He was harrassed by the police that much his first offence was jaywalking.
He was shot 5 times THE FIRST TIME HE WAS SHOT. He was shot to death.

He was a member of the bloods and he wrote the code to thug life. He tried to broker a peace between the Bloods and the Crips. You could not do that if no one respected you. If he was not a mean son of a beyatch none of that would have happened. That is not portraying a thug life, that is living a thug life.

Plus he was shot to death. Even a punk would not be remembered as a punk if he was shot to death. And on his death bed he kept trying to get up and out of his bed so much that the doctors put him in an involuntary coma. You can't fake that toughness.

Yes he did some things to play up to the media. The fact he was more agressive in his lyrics in his death row days was because he was only after spending nearly 2 years in jail. To survive in jail you need to be a mean mother f****r and he did! And in jail for something he claimed he didn't do. Of course he was going to be angry and because his lyrics come from the heart of course his lyrics are going to be thug life THAT IS WHAT LIFE HAD MADE HIM.

Maybe he would have mellowed when he got older but he never got the chance because he died a gangsters death. He knew he was going to die because of his lifestyle and he chose to live it anyway. That is the most thug life thing someone can do and he done it. So stop talking bull saying he play acted as a thug. He lived as a thug and he died as a thug. RIP 2Pac +
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by RSAMAN(m): 1:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
dblock:
Some folks here, don't know what rap is. Tupac Shakur was the begining of Modern rap. His only competition was Bad Boy(Puff Daddy and his crew) and Biggie smalls. Before Tupac's style of rapping, it was all old school(NWA and shit), Tupac created the Rap that we know today. Else we would still be listening to RUN DMC, NWA style rap. Fitey Cent isn't a Tupac. The greatest rappers ever are Tupac, Biggie smalls, Dr Dre and The Game. Good rap isn't speed or skill, it's a combination of both. Fitey cent is close, but isn't at that level. Bones Thugz n harmony, have got speed but there's no soul in their music, the Same goes for Twista, Busta Rhymes, Ludacris, Jadkiss etc. Tupac is to Rap as George washington is to the states. Listen to Dr Dre, Pac and Game and you'll understand.

Every sentence, every word in that paragraph of yours is precise and spot on, except for two words: The Game.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by RSAMAN(m): 1:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
dblock:

Why stop, when I can Go wink

Nas is in the second Tier of Rap Legends, you cannot compare him with the people that most likely inspired him.
Without Tupac and Dr Dre, Rap would be shit. Nas probably wouldn't be in the scene, there'd be no fitey, no game no snoop, no eminem, no Nate, Obie.

I'll proabbly be called a Drugie for saying this but without Tupac, Dre Dre and Biggie, Most people here would be listening to Country Music and Jazz.

Go listen to the Game and leave adult stuff to adults.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Abudu2000(m): 8:25am On Apr 09, 2016
kellorah:
he's sellin more CDs dead than alive tongue
that's one thing with music or life in general ,the impression you leave behind will stick no matter what,jut like dagrin too!!! but let's get something straight,2pac is one of hiphops greatest poet,although Wayne has proven to be a tough writer too,but PAC was all a category to himself,he was the only rapper that could portray a thousand message with just one track...I love him mheen
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Abudu2000(m): 8:29am On Apr 09, 2016
RSAMAN:

Every sentence, every word in that paragraph of yours is precise and spot on, except for two words: The Game.
and what's wrong with the words?? nigga hope you are not seriously talking down on the game,the guy is one of hiphops most valuable player,but just like like other things in life,it takes luck to make it big but when you are good,good nigaz will acknowledge that too
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Abudu2000(m): 8:30am On Apr 09, 2016
the most overrated rapper in hiphop is jayz,that guy just met a great producer like kanye if not he is toast!!! dudes is no hood at all
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Abudu2000(m): 8:38am On Apr 09, 2016
Christino:
Guys i was out of this thread for good till i saw NAS' name being rubbed in the dirt.

When I saw LLoyd banks, the Game in the hall of fame i started wondering if i've been missing on tracks from the US of A.

For God's sake, the world's greatest lyricist alive is NAS and someone said he ain't shit.

Forget bout the pioneers, talk about the ones we were born with, i'll choose Pac, Big, Nas and MNM, for God's sake, i'll be tempted to think of Dre, DMX, BTNH, Uncle L, JayZ and a host of die hard rappers but to start thinking of peeps who came into the scene some weeks ago shocked

Guys, i know we kind of get carried away easily but let's not get our brains get carried away too cheesy

Naturally i'll Pick Kanye and Twista or even Obie before Lloyd Banks what he sings? music or mumusic?

And someone rubbed salt on injury saying there ain't no soul in BTNH's music? You had better explain that before i invite JB and HiTech put together to your house angry

If there ain't no soul in BTNH then who else gat that? Think of Nate Dogg as the only hip hop dude with 100% soul. Next is the BTNH, they rap quite alright but that's one of the few rapper(s) with melody. It's like singing fast RnB like the type you hear R.Kelly spit (of course when he raps, check out Best of Both Worlds if you don't understand)

Nate Dogg is not a rapper but when he sings fast, you'll understand what I mean. For References on BTNH, go listen to

Change the world
Cleveland
tha Crossroads
Notorious thugs feat B.I.G.

and jeez, if you haven't seen Biggie put lotsa soul in a track go check out

Sky's da limit
One more chance/ I'm F@#I#$# u 2nite cheesy

and for PAC, the subject of the thread, i ain't giving no references, if you say there ain't no soul in Pac's music, then the world's wrong grin

Guys, i love quality music, not just the lines but the soundtracks put 2gether, because without both, i ain't interested, don't know bout u.
you just spoke my mind,you're a real hiphop fan!!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by dantenny(m): 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
Bro dn't ta£ bout pac like that he a real nig** with tha thug life, next time creat a topic like olamide fan are taking his agberoism act hook, line and sinker, studio g tiaun jo.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by ba7man(m): 6:34am On Apr 11, 2016
Now that I'm older, I look back and realize 2-pac was an immature f00l who could rap and had passion.

Just look at the lives of those that survived the "Eastside vs Westside" beef he promoted...... most of them are now crazy successful, Doc Dre, Jay-Z and P-diddy aiming at a billion dollars, ice-cube now a Hollywood star etc

While the fool 2-Pac stuck with, Suge Knight is in and out of jail till date..... those that stuck with him e.g. Kurrupt, Daz, Lady of Rage all went down with his fat butt.

1 Like

Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2016
You
mrmetoo:
Direct link: http://nhhopinions..com/2007/04/2pac-is-most-over-rated-rapper-of-all.html

You know what? I keep having this argument with ppl. I won't go as far as to say Pac didn't release great albums but the whole thug image that made Pac have all that following was fake as hell.

Fact: Pac didn't sell drugs cuz he wasn't good at it. The drug dealers, his friends, told him not to sell anymore because he wasn't good at it and stick to music and that they'll give him any support he needs in that area.

Fact:As mentioned in the blog he was in a school of performing arts. I'm not an advocate for rappers being gangsta or not being able to speak english, in fact I'm against it, but when you come out with your middle finger in the air, shouting in court, and acting for the camera, then you're trying to portray a certain image.

Fact:Another thing I tell ppl is that after "hit 'em up" when he was saying he screwed Faith Evans, biggie went up to him backstage at an awards show and confronted him and asked what all the bullshit was about, tupac's reply was, "Its just business". Whenever I tell ppl that, they start making noise that its not possible Biggie went up to pac like he's some sort of Godfather. The way biggie handled it is the way grown men handle beef and not in some studio a thousand or so miles away making noise (thats a cowardly act, not gangsta lets not get it twisted).

Fact:Biggie on the other hand, was the one with the sort of gangasta past, he sold drugs and held his corner well, nobody could mess with him there but just because he was rapping about Versace and dancing with puffy ppl thought he was soft.

Fact: Tupac only started getting into trouble after he became a star when he joined deathrow, his first offence was jaywalking (thats when u cross a road without regards to traffic statutes). He went to jail for assault and he didn't like it (no normal human being sould love jail anyways) but he gets out and fools everybody like he's gangsta for being shot and going to jail.

Too bad I'm reading this late but I gotta say this,pac was idolized and in the process being overrated,he was painting a picture of the lifestyle Back then but he created an animation of himself instead,kDot and J.cole are the perfect hiphop artiste who is painting a clear picture for us now...pac will always remain great!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Benjamin4388(m): 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
opprea
mrmetoo:
Direct link: http://nhhopinions..com/2007/04/2pac-is-most-over-rated-rapper-of-all.html

You know what? I keep having this argument with ppl. I won't go as far as to say Pac didn't release great albums but the whole thug image that made Pac have all that following was fake as hell.

Fact: Pac didn't sell drugs cuz he wasn't good at it. The drug dealers, his friends, told him not to sell anymore because he wasn't good at it and stick to music and that they'll give him any support he needs in that area.

Fact:Another thing I tell ppl is that after "hit 'em up" when he was saying he screwed Faith Evans, biggie went up to him backstage at an awards show and confronted him and asked what all the bullshit was about, tupac's reply was, "Its just business". Whenever I tell ppl that, they start making noise that its not possible Biggie went up to pac like he's some sort of Godfather. The way biggie handled it is the way grown men handle beef and not in some studio a thousand or so miles away making noise (thats a cowardly act, not gangsta lets not get it twisted).

Fact:Biggie on the other hand, was the one with the sort of gangasta past, he sold drugs and held his corner well, nobody could mess with him there but just because he was rapping about Versace and dancing with puffy ppl thought he was soft.

Wtf..it is clear you have miniature knowledge about the subject matter.what is most annoying is you trying to educate the populace on shit you know nothing about.there is a whole load of information on net,interviews,liveshows,ebooks(free and sold) on any subject..do more of this before you think you can give a validation or air your views..he was actually beaten for jaywalking in 1991. He went on to file a $10 million dollar civil suit and later settled for 42k dollars..he came in contact with suge knight while incarcerated in prison in 1995..the term of the bail was been signed to death row which to my observations was a wrong move...it's even a sin to write rubbish about someone who has done more than anyone using his stage to preach black love,speak against police brutality,spoke on American people being divided thru identity,politics,and uniting for a common goal,he was a revolutionary through music,fight against racism,he represented the people who could not air their plight to the government..that why he literally turn to a monster and his rap change when he was shot the first time..because he felt the people he was representing were the one he wanted to kill him..one could argue that his entire approach and plan was too risky or flawed..that he went about it all the wrong way.he even died on someone terms but it would be hard for one not to see that he was fearless in the fight for black American life even at big risk.he cared for blacks in poverty and the oppressed people of America as a whole
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Benjamin4388(m): 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
ba7man:
Now that I'm older, I look back and realize 2-pac was an immature f00l who could rap and had passion.

Just look at the lives of those that survived the "Eastside vs Westside" beef he promoted...... most of them are now crazy successful, Doc Dre, Jay-Z and P-diddy aiming at a billion dollars, ice-cube now a Hollywood star etc

While the fool 2-Pac stuck with, Suge Knight is in and out of jail till date..... those that stuck with him e.g. Kurrupt, Daz, Lady of Rage all went down with his fat butt.
The world didn't deserve 2pac. it's so unfortunate for someone who pushes himself into a vulnerable state in an attempt to change the world..you need to do more research and know that 2pac was already rich by 20..and all this rapper's you listed were not close to him money wise when he was alive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor / Sir Victor Olaiya - Baby Jowo Remix Ft 2face [Video Download] / Tems Gets Two Grammy nominations At 2023 Grammys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.