Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB (9181 Views)

12 Things You Should Know About The JAMB Mock Exam / How To Know If You Are Qualified For JAMB Mock Exam, 2018 / Why We Introduced New Measures For 2018 UTME, By JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by Okwyla: 5:59am On Mar 25, 2019
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), yesterday, gave further explanation on why it introduced and recommended the mock examination for Unified Tertiary Matriculation Exam (UTME) candidates.

The board said it is mainly to assess the candidates’ level of preparedness and also acquaint themselves with the Computer Based Test (CBT), system before the exam proper.

JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, who introduced and tested the mock examination in 2017, said that candidates are expected to take advantage of the mock examination, to prepare themselves in terms of fine-tuning questions, answering strategies, time management and changing examination patterns. He said apart from standardisation, mock examination has helped candidates alleviate test anxiety as it ensures maximum comfort and minimal worry through practice.

“The more candidates sit for a practice test, the more relaxed and confident they would feel on the day of the actual exam. Additionally, practice test does not only help candidates to identify problem areas, it also reassures them of their academic progress as it erases all examination phobia,” Oloyede said. He added that JAMB views mock examination as an effective form of preparation for UTME candidates, which has the potential to take learning to greater heights, and that it also helps JAMB assess its readiness for the actual examination.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/why-we-introduced-mock-exam-jamb.html

1 Share

Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by soloehis(m): 6:14am On Mar 25, 2019
Jamb is setting the pace for other institutions to follow ..Kudos.
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by Hotzone(m): 6:37am On Mar 25, 2019
It’s cool. Can be way to encourage a prospective student

5 Likes

Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 25, 2019
Developments is always welcome

2 Likes

Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by qdams: 6:38am On Mar 25, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by idrisiyah90(m): 6:39am On Mar 25, 2019
It's a welcome idea, but it doesn't stop all these Yeye children from exam malpractice. Leaders of tomorrow. Can I say everything in Nigeria �� is scam?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by FSAHEEDISOLA(m): 6:40am On Mar 25, 2019
Great
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by gunpoint(m): 6:41am On Mar 25, 2019
cry
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by Cbting: 6:56am On Mar 25, 2019
cool

Get Jamb 2019 CBT Questions + Answers

VISIT >> www.CbtExpo.com

Join our JAMB WHATASPP GROUP

Add me on WhatsApp: 09032915729
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by jeroncomputers(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2019
Most of these students don't even know how to make use of a computer...

1 Like

Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by dahmie2013: 7:31am On Mar 25, 2019
Pls who has been able 2 print his or her slip?
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by rafo200(m): 7:38am On Mar 25, 2019
*Important Information to All UTME Candidates across the Nation.*

Now that UTME 2019 is here, the management of *Team Tutors, Ibadan* present Jamb marathon revision camp tagged *"Weapon of Jamb Destruction"*�� which holds *a week to Jamb*.

Date : � April 4th to 10th 2019
Time : �7a.m. to �7p.m. daily
Venue : �Lawn tennis court S.U.B, UI

*Featuring:*
_Revision of all important topics;_
_Critical analysis of past questions_
_Final standard mock Exam(CBT)_

```Meet few of our stuffy tutors```
�Lord Morgan
�Dr Mark
�Dr Marco genius
�Dr Black
�Sir Noah
```and many more.```

```Our 2018 records speak```
*_•Adubi Damilola_ 338 _Medicine UI_*
*_•Omayajowo Femi_ 326 _Elect Engineering, UI_*
*_•Makinde Ojo Samuel_ 319 _Medicine UI_*
*_•Oluborode Daniel_ 317 _Medicine ,UI_* *_and many more..._*

ACCOMMODATION is available for distant students.
For more enquiries: 07039412017

_*Even If you have planned to fail, your plan will fail, just come.*_
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by ojay36: 7:39am On Mar 25, 2019
I can remember how many years i wrote this xams, what a rubbish body
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by elRamani(m): 8:06am On Mar 25, 2019
ok nah

we don hear what next?
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by islandmoon: 8:07am On Mar 25, 2019
scam!
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by InfoAnetCafe: 10:09am On Mar 25, 2019
Do you have a Jamb CBT Center or know someone who may be requiring the services of an expert Technical Staff to setup the JAMB CBT Center with both NETWORK and CANDIDATE (EXAM) TEST achieved without any stress?

Including setting up the new JAMB EXAMLITE SOFTWARE?

Call Mr. Charles on 07016758831
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by sunnychibs(m): 10:13am On Mar 25, 2019
dahmie2013:
Pls who has been able 2 print his or her slip?
i have printed mine
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by wifeesnatcher(m): 11:41am On Mar 25, 2019
I remembered doing jamb two times then, i never scored below 250

best of luck to jambites
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by wifeesnatcher(m): 11:41am On Mar 25, 2019
I remembered doing jamb two times then, i never scored below 250

best of luck to jambites
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by LordRepz(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
sunnychibs:
i have printed mine
how were you able to print yours out? What info of yourself did you use and did JAMB send you any info /mail to you(r) box before you proceeded to print?
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by dahmie2013: 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
sunnychibs:
i have printed mine
Please how? Thanks!
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by dahmie2013: 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
sunnychibs:
i have printed mine
Pls how? Thanks!
Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by sunnychibs(m): 8:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
LordRepz:
how were you able to print yours out? What info of yourself did you use and did JAMB send you any info /mail to you(r) box before you proceeded to print?
go to the centre where u registered with the slip bearing ur subject combination which was given to u when u thumbprinted,with #300.

1 Like

Re: Why We Introduced Mock Exam -JAMB by sunnychibs(m): 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2019
dahmie2013:
Pls how? Thanks!
go to the centre where u registered with the slip bearing ur subject combination which was given to u when u thumbprinted,with #300.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State School Of Health, Akure : Past Entrance Examination Questions / Difference Between A Role Model And A Mentor. / List Of Nigerian Polytechnics that did not join Asup Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.