Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Can Some Help Me Explain This Bible Verses Have Not Come Across It In Church Bef - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Some Help Me Explain This Bible Verses Have Not Come Across It In Church Bef (411 Views)

Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only / Misuse Of The Bible Verses / Conquer Your Fears With These Courage-building Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Some Help Me Explain This Bible Verses Have Not Come Across It In Church Bef by Num07033711115(m): 7:57am On Mar 25, 2019
Our pastor in the house help us explain this Bible verses.

1 Corinthians 11:34 Parallel

King James Version
And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Darby Bible Translation
If any one be hungry, let him eat at home, that ye may not come together for judgment. But the other things, whenever I come, I will set in order.

World English Bible
But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, lest your coming together be for judgment. The rest I will set in order whenever I come.

Young's Literal Translation
and if any one is hungry, at home let him eat, that to judgment ye may not come together; and the rest, whenever I may come, I shall arrange.

Re: Can Some Help Me Explain This Bible Verses Have Not Come Across It In Church Bef by ShenTeh(m): 8:08am On Mar 25, 2019
Num07033711115:
Our pastor in the house help us explain this Bible verses.

King James Version
And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Darby Bible Translation
If any one be hungry, let him eat at home, that ye may not come together for judgment. But the other things, whenever I come, I will set in order.

World English Bible
But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, lest your coming together be for judgment. The rest I will set in order whenever I come.

Young's Literal Translation
and if any one is hungry, at home let him eat, that to judgment ye may not come together; and the rest, whenever I may come, I shall arrange.

Here Apostle Paul was talking about taking the communion.

He admonishes Christians to eat at home before coming to the communion so they don't come expecting that they will eat their full at the communion table.

Let me try and translate it to Nigerian parlance.

'If hunger dey catch you (before you come take communion), eat for your house before you come. Make you no come reach communion table dey do anyhow, misbehave. When I come back I go come explain better how una suppose dey take do am"

2 Likes

Re: Can Some Help Me Explain This Bible Verses Have Not Come Across It In Church Bef by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 25, 2019
ShenTeh:

Here Apostle Paul was talking about taking the communion.

He admonishes Christians to eat at home before coming to the communion so they don't come expecting that they will eat their full at the communion table.

Let me try and translate it to Nigerian parlance.

'If hunger dey catch you (before you come take communion), eat for your house before you come. Make you no come reach communion table dey do anyhow, misbehave. When I come back I go come explain better how una suppose dey take do am"
lol thank you oo

(1) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer, Fasting / Can Infinite Value Give Rise To Something Finite? / Busola Dakolo Won’t Stop Crying Until She Speaks With Pastor Biodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.