Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo (2904 Views)

'This Is School Not Hotel, Keep Moving' Spotted On A School's Wall (Photos) / A School Bus Without Back Window Spotted On The Road, Pupils Pose In Style / Video: Two UNILAG Students Spotted Making Love In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by EzegeNG: 9:47am On Mar 25, 2019
This is heartbreaking! Innocent school children spotted crossing an unstable makeshift bamboo bridge to school across the Iyiebo River from Akeme Ikpa Okoli to Ndianyakee in Arondizuogu, Ideato North LGA.

This precarious and life-threatening crossing takes place two times a day, five times a week. In the rainy season, the bamboo bridge is often carried away by floods and the children are either forced to discontinue schooling or have to be ferried across the fast flowing river by relations.

Watch the video
https://zenithnaija.com/primary-school-students-spotted-crossing-a-bamboo-bridge-to-school-photos/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by EzegeNG: 9:48am On Mar 25, 2019
cry
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Movic1(m): 9:53am On Mar 25, 2019
SMH! The developers forgot to develop this place..

3 Likes

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by OneCorner: 10:09am On Mar 25, 2019
Movic1:
Shut up!!!
Tell dat to Tinubu d drug baron and ur buhari.
What have dey done for d east? Nothing!!!

1 Like

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Abjay97(m): 10:20am On Mar 25, 2019
Nonsense Govt
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Movic1(m): 10:29am On Mar 25, 2019
OneCorner:

Shut up!!!

The last time I checked, Tinubu is the governor of Imo state shea? Why are you lamenting? You guys said you can do without FG.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by middlebelter(m): 10:40am On Mar 25, 2019
This is a very serious matter " movic and @ onecorner please don't turn this all serious matter a tribal debate.

Now to the matter. Why do we take our children for granted in this country as if God has made a mistake blessing us with children. No one can tell if any of these kids will become president tomorrow or if any one will make a discovery that will turn around our suffering as a people. Not even a single parent can Voltaire to lead them through neither the teacher or school authority?

Perhaps we will be asking too much if we ask the LGA to provide a bridge or the state Government. The masses in this country are the biggest challenge, it is almost an aberration to ask question or demand service from government or elected representatives. I am sure the area where this river is located has a counsellor in the LGA, a House of Assembly member in the State, House of Representative and Senator but the masses prefers hailing the politicians than demanding service and accountability .All at the expense of our innocent children.

5 Likes

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by EzegeNG: 10:47am On Mar 25, 2019
cry
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by mungoparks: 11:03am On Mar 25, 2019
Now is it that my eyes are not clear or that this pictures aren't undecided

1 Like

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Gucciboss: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2019
mungoparks:

LOL. Both. but I think the pictures are less clear than your eyes
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by EzegeNG: 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
cry
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Timmypromise(m): 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2019
Movic1:

The developers are currently in Asia developing India and China prison

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Daronyk(f): 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
What some children go through just to be educated This is too dangerous. May God continue to protect them
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by EzegeNG: 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
undecided
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by IjebuWarrior: 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
Just imagine these savage jungle dwellers!

You see why they're all running away from that godforsaken jungle of theirs and trying to lay claim to our SW lands... We'll deport you all! angry
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by IjebuWarrior: 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2019
OneCorner:

Shut up!!!

Okoro Savage, gbenu e soun!

You savages are the biggest hypocrites ever! You probably forgot to develop ur jungle yet, you come on here to make noise abt ur progressive Yoruba masters... angry

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
I am from Ndianyakee , the aforementioned village. One thing, the stream is quite shallow. I swam a lot in it while little, it connect our village with the next, I think Ndi awa. But the truth is Izogu as a whole has suffered neglect especially Izogu not Iheme.
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Raypawer(m): 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2019
And to think that this is the same Imo state where Okorocha was building status...

Beats my imagination!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by EzegeNG: 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2019
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by SolnergyPower: 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
Let's not blame the government all the time.

The settlers can do a proper makeshift bridge that will serve the purpose.
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by CunnyLinguist: 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2019
Timmypromise:

The developers are currently in Asia developing India and China prison

Walahi them suppose sentence you for this comment.

Haba! CHINEKE!

1 Like

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2019
Rochas/APC is working
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Amuocha: 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
Useless APC government
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
Where are the Developers? undecided
Why are the Developers not doing their Job?

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Kylekent59: 11:37pm On Mar 25, 2019
That's one thing with Nigerians. They wait for an action to take place, then they blame the devil.

The money used in erecting statues should have been used to build bridges for those pupils.

A curse be on all bad leaders that are giving this nation a bad name.
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Kylekent59: 11:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
Just imagine these savage jungle dwellers!

You see why they're all running away from that godforsaken jungle of theirs and trying to lay claim to our SW lands... We'll deport you all! angry

If they go, where will the govt get fund to build roads, create jobs?

you don't even know the so called igbos are taxed.

They take transport everyday to work, both going and coming. Don't you think they are contributing to the economy of lagos?

The same igbos would rent and apartment and have a landlord as a yoruba man and every year end they pay highly to landlord.

Canada today needs more immigrants to boost their economy.

You are here displaying your illiteracy and being tribalistic .

Now I believe that yorubas are the cause of what Nigerians are passing through.

I am still that hausa man from the northern part who believes that unity bringeth joy and peace.

better go and huzzle and stop the jealousy and hatred.
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 26, 2019
mungoparks:
The camera is poor. I suspect one of those brand of Itel

1 Like

Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 26, 2019
SolnergyPower:
Let's not blame the government all the time.

The settlers can do a proper makeshift bridge that will serve the purpose.
But the government will gladly tax this people and foolishly bribe with vote buying
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by ultimatekint(m): 12:58am On Mar 26, 2019
I am weeping for this country��������
Re: Primary School Students Spotted Crossing A Bamboo Bridge To A School In Imo by Godons1: 6:07am On Mar 26, 2019
Hmmm, only in the East. The underdeveloped tiny Region in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Crisis Deepens As FG Moves To Deregister ASUU / Highest Score In Jamb/utme 2010 / Federal Polytechnic Offa Released Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.