Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:37 AM

Nigeria @50 - Top News Events That Changed Our Lives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria @50 - Top News Events That Changed Our Lives (584 Views)

I And My Family Have Changed Our Minds After Listenning To Prof. Osinbajo. / 12 Great African Inventions That Changed The World / Jonathan Slashes N16.4 Billion Nigeria @ 50 Celebrations Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria @50 - Top News Events That Changed Our Lives by kcjazz(m): 10:22pm On Sep 06, 2010
In celebration of Nigeria @ 50 what do you consider the top news events of the past 50 years of our existence as a country?
This is for the sake of reflection and historical curiosity.

Topics could range from – Arts, Music, Politics (of course), sports, technology, key actors and culture.

TOP 50 Part 1 (In no particular order)

Coup 1966
Biafra (enough said for more info please visit Nairaland everyday, RIP to our fallen heroes)
The assassination of Murtala Mohammed 1976 RIP
FESTAC 77
Nations cup 1980
GSM 1999
Otokoto saga 1996
Atlanta 1996 gold medals
Nollywood
New Masquerade- Chief Zebrudia
Living in Bondage- Commercialized movie business
King Sunny Ade - Legend
FELA Legend
Olusegun Obasanjo 1960-now
Abacha and the Indian apples 1998
Onyeka Onwenu - My Favorite diva
Wole Soyinka
Chinua Achebe - Things Fall Apart
IBB
The kidnap of Umaru Dikko from London to Nigeria 1984
The Orkah coup
Lawrence Anini (Naija’s Al Pacino)
Shina Peters
Abacha’s Million man match
June 12 (No reasons given yet)
Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 7
The assassination of Dele Giwa (RIP)
Religious crisis from Kaduna to Jos RIP to all who have lost their lives to senseless killings.
Nairaland
Adams Oshiomole and the real NLC
The curious case of President Umaru Yardie (RIP)
Pure water business

Make una add to my list, there is just too much drama to remember.
Re: Nigeria @50 - Top News Events That Changed Our Lives by AkinEgba: 10:56pm On Sep 06, 2010
How did Otokoto affect Nigeria? Some nondescript Ibo ritual affair with no impact on non-Ibo areas.

The current spate of kidnappings makes much more national sense than okotoko.

(1) (Reply)

2011: Can Tells Northern Leaders To Zone Presidency To Christians / Gej Appointing The Wife Of A Sick Man As Special Assistant Is A Big Fail! / Why Students Fail Their Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.