Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves (825 Views)

The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! / LASU Sacks ASUU Chairman, Vice Chairman And 15 Other Lecturers For Malpractices / ASUU STRIKE: We Have Reached Agreement With Lecturers – FG (see Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by Deicide: 9:41pm On Mar 25, 2019
Just asking....
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by greatnaija01: 9:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
Because salary wont increase even if they know futuristic stuff and latest knowledge.

so whats the point.

Would a mechanic in MUSHIN go and learn how to fix LAMBORGHINI when he knows He may never see one in mushin to repair?

So if you want upgraded lecturers, upgrade your school fees by going to a PRIVATE UNIVERSITY.

Deicide:
Just asking....

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by Deicide: 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2019
greatnaija01:
Because salary wont increase even if they know futuristic stuff and latest knowledge.

so whats the point.

Would a mechanic in MUSHIN go and learn how to fix LAMBORGHINI when he knows He may never see one in mushin to repair?

So if you want upgraded lecturers, upgrade your school fees by going to a PRIVATE UNIVERSITY.

Even Private university
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by greatnaija01: 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
abegi u do not know any private university... come to covenant university and see if we are not up to date. I know what am talking about. We have very current knowledge on everything and our lecturers are always going for more trainings.

Deicide:
Even Private university
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by Deicide: 10:21pm On Mar 25, 2019
greatnaija01:
abegi u do not know any private university... come to covenant university and see if we are not up to date. I know what am talking about. We have very current knowledge on everything and our lecturers are always going for more trainings.

Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 26, 2019
My lecturers don't upgrade because they are not pushed to the wall.
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by Deicide: 8:06am On Mar 26, 2019
asuustrike1:
My lecturers don't upgrade because they are not pushed to the wall.
Who wan push them?
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 26, 2019
Deicide:
Who wan push them?
The university can come with a policy. For example no training no promotion
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by FeedbackNG: 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2019
Lecturers don't improve themselves because they don't receive FEEDBACK from their students.

Coaches get Feedback from their players
Pastors Get Feedback From their congregation
Businesses get feedback from their customers

HOW ABOUT LECTURERS?

That is why we created the Feedback Strategy Platform to provide Lecturers with feedback to enable them to become better.

Visit https://www.feedbackstrategy.net to rate your lecturers, discover opportunities like scholarships and get relevant information on tertiary institutions all over Nigeria.

Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by Deicide: 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
Feedback are you kidding me
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by Martinez39(m): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
Deicide:
The thing just weak me. grin
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by FeedbackNG: 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
Deicide:

Take for example, you are a lecturer, and your student approaches you to inform you that what you taught wasn't the same as what he/she discovered during your research. The students go on to tell you that his/her classmates too are confused about the topic.

What do you do as the Lecturer?

Though we also agree that there must be a monitoring board to appraise the growth of lecturers, Feedback too can help the lecturer improve.
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by Deicide: 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2019
FeedbackNG:

Though we also agree that there must be a monitoring board to appraise the growth of lecturers, Feedback too can help the lecturer improve.
Feedback wouldn't work on our proud lecturers grin

They would end up disgracing you.
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by unibenakpos(m): 7:29am On Mar 27, 2019
greatnaija01:

Covenant get medicine and pharmacy?
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by FeedbackNG: 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
Deicide:
Feedback wouldn't work on our proud lecturers grin

They would end up disgracing you.

Then they aren't needed in the Educational system. Lecturers aren't supposed to play gods. Even gods can be reasoned with.
Such Lecturers should be reported and investigated. If found guilty, He/She should be demoted or dismissed.
Re: Why Do Lecturers Hardly Upgrade Themselves by Deicide: 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
FeedbackNG:

Then they aren't needed in the Educational system. Lecturers aren't supposed to play gods. Even gods can be reasoned with.
Such Lecturers should be reported and investigated. If found guilty, He/She should be demoted or dismissed.
are you kidding me, you talking asif you don't know how the system works undecided

(1) (Reply)

IPPIS: ASUU Press Release / COVID-19: VIDEO Unilag Gets Robots For Temperature, Blood Pressure Checks / Top 10 Worst Countries For Women In The World 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.