Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari (13320 Views)

Datti Baba-Ahmed: Supreme Court Didn’t Affirm Tinubu As Winner / Ex-Gov Yari Lands In London Hospital After Losing Senate Presidency To Akpabio / Appeal Court Didn’t Order Sub-licencing, Multichoice Lawyer Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by azadusad: 9:17am On Mar 26, 2019
i hear u.
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by senatordave1(m): 9:33am On Mar 26, 2019
Upsidedown9ja:
I just like pdp I don’t know why
They have possessed you
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by senatordave1(m): 9:34am On Mar 26, 2019
enoks:
Yari is truely daft.
, u cannot put something on nothing and expect it to stand. The High court decision precipitated the contest by APC, once the decision is upturned, it simply means all actions that emanated from that decision has no legality in law.
It didnt really nullify the primaries.it only criticized the manner in which the high court examined the evidences before it
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by senatordave1(m): 9:40am On Mar 26, 2019
freeze001:
Appeal court did not touch the primaries abi? He shouldn't go and appeal the decision first, he should wait till the time lapses then he'll know whether the Court of Appeal nullified the ruling of the lower court or not.

See reasoning na. Does he not understand the implication of the judgment of a lower court being set aside by a higher court? If a court does not properly evaluate and examine evidence before it will its judgment not automatically be faulty hence its being set aside upon appeal? He thinks it is a tribunal that will address a pre-election matter? Ok na...lol
He's right.if you look at the full judgment,the appeal court condemn the manner in which the high court examined the proofs of evidence before it and didnt really make any order.secondly,the appeal was filed after one week
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by freeze001(f): 9:45am On Mar 26, 2019
senatordave1:

It didnt really nullify the primaries.it only criticized the manner in which the high court examined the evidences before it

Do you know what it means when it is said that a higher court has set aside the judgment of a lower court? Is it possible that the process of evaluation/examination of evidence by a lower court will be criticised as flawed and wrong by a higher court and yet not nullify such judgment and all it produced?

Read this:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/322167-apc-suffers-major-loss-as-appeal-court-sacks-zamfara-governorship-parliamentary-candidates.html
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by freeze001(f): 9:47am On Mar 26, 2019
The statutory number of days within which to appeal is 14 days. Provided it wasn't appealed after 2 weeks, the time of appeal is in order.

The judges agreed that the judgment should serve as “bitter lesson” for political parties as they ought to follow legitimate guidelines and rules.

“Domestic affairs of political party activities must act within the confines of the law in dealing with party members and elections,” the judges agreed.

Why would the judgment of the Court of Appeal serve as a bitter lesson if it did not strip them of what they considered the gains of the judgment of the State High Court which it set aside?
freeze001:

Do you know what it means when it is said that a higher court has set aside the judgment of a lower court? Is it possible that the process of evaluation/examination of evidence by a lower court will be criticised as flawed and wrong by a higher court and yet not nullify such judgment and all it produced?

Read this:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/322167-apc-suffers-major-loss-as-appeal-court-sacks-zamfara-governorship-parliamentary-candidates.html
senatordave1:

He's right.if you look at the full judgment,the appeal court condemn the manner in which the high court examined the proofs of evidence before it and didnt really make any order.secondly,the appeal was filed after one week

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by Olatunji1929: 9:53am On Mar 26, 2019
freeze001:
The statutory number of days within which to appeal is 14 days. Provided it wasn't appealed after 2 weeks, the time of appeal is in order.

you shouldnt have replied that daft senatordave he is the new zombie on the forum his brain is fool of pool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:00am On Mar 26, 2019
senatordave1:

senator Dave when is court stopping pdp from taking over bauchi...sometimes I wonder hw ina de reason sha...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by freeze001(f): 10:05am On Mar 26, 2019
The guy is just funny, I wonder at how he arrives at some of his arguments. They will see clear white and call it black just because of zombie inclinations...
Olatunji1929:
you shouldn't have replied that daft senatordave he is the new zombie on the forum his brain is fool of pool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by makiti: 10:07am On Mar 26, 2019
ojikeebere12:
I think he has a point
i think you are a zombie
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by cyberguy72(m): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2019
ojikeebere12:
I think he has a point
what point? Its a very clear matter,in the eyes of the law APC did not conduct any Primaries simple!

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by makiti: 10:12am On Mar 26, 2019
yemmight:
This Marafa self na evil.
you can say that again
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by cyberguy72(m): 10:14am On Mar 26, 2019
tesppidd:
How many compass points does your brain have?

Why are you reasoning from all of them at the same time?

You claim that there were no primaties in Zamfara that was why the courts sacked the candidates.
Now you are saying again that the Juduciary is dealing with Buhari because Buhari messed with the judiciary?

Did you smoke early this morning?

The ever holier than thou Judiciary!

The Judiciary has always been like a cult. 80 percent of them have taken bribes all through their careers.

Yes it is high time someone "messed" with them.
Yea thats why the Judiciary is taking its Pound of flesh.
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by Idonvex: 10:15am On Mar 26, 2019
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by walex25(m): 10:17am On Mar 26, 2019
freeze001:

Why would the judgment of the Court of Appeal serve as a bitter lesson if it did not strip them of what they considered the gains of the judgment of the State High Court which it set aside?

I can see that you have a keen interest in this Zamfara state polity conundrum.

The Appeal court though have served its judgment, however, there is every chance that the Supreme court could likely upturn the judgment. Let us all watch and see how the whole saga span out!

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by freeze001(f): 10:21am On Mar 26, 2019
My interest is in politics generally. Until they approach the Supreme court and it gives its verdict....
walex25:

The Appeal court though have served its judgment, however, there is every chance that the Supreme court could likely upturn the judgment. Let us all watch and see how the whole saga span out!

Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by senatordave1(m): 10:27am On Mar 26, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
senator Dave when is court stopping pdp from taking over bauchi...sometimes I wonder hw ina de reason sha...
My brother,i thought you are objective.try an understand me.i said the governor can go to the tribunal and get an exparte order to stop inec from issuing the governor certificate of return reason being that inec reversed the decision of a returning officer contrary to the electoral act.
You see inec are also politically smart,they preempted the governor yesterday.immediately the court vacated the ruling,they rushed to resume collation inorder not to give the governor time to go to appeal court.while the governor is incompetent,he is also dull and politically dumb compared to lalong and elrufai...
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by senatordave1(m): 10:28am On Mar 26, 2019
walex25:

She's a pdp fellow praying for the fall of apc.
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by senatordave1(m): 10:29am On Mar 26, 2019
cyberguy72:
what point? Its a very clear matter,in the eyes of the law APC did not conduct any Primaries simple!
Where you there
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by senatordave1(m): 10:30am On Mar 26, 2019
freeze001:

I think its 7 days but am not sure.the governor said they deadline passed so i believe he's sure
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by senatordave1(m): 10:32am On Mar 26, 2019
freeze001:

Read this:
You are intelligent but unfortunately canvassing the wrong camp
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:33am On Mar 26, 2019
senatordave1:

My brother,i thought you are objective.try an understand me.i said the governor can go to the tribunal and get an exparte order to stop inec from issuing the governor certificate of return reason being that inec reversed the decision of a returning officer contrary to the electoral act.
You see inec are also politically smart,they preempted the governor yesterday.immediately the court vacated the ruling,they rushed to resume collation inorder not to give the governor time to go to appeal court.while the governor is incompetent,he is also dull and politically dumb compared to lalong and elrufai...
oga go sleep ur foolishness has been exposed...ex parte kee u and ma dee...stop all dis useless analysis u de do...which inec is smart...u think inec na goats de dee abi...d bauchi gorveno knew nothing would save him...stop foolishness u are exhibiting on this forum like oshiomole who talks without thinking ist
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by freeze001(f): 10:37am On Mar 26, 2019
senatordave1:

You are intelligent but unfortunately canvassing the wrong camp
I am stating facts, besides which is the 'wrong' and 'right' camp?

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by CID11: 10:38am On Mar 26, 2019
Yari is the cause of all these. Most he field a candidate? Let the party decided he refused. God will surely disgrace him. What is he hiding
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by freeze001(f): 10:45am On Mar 26, 2019
senatordave1:

I think its 7 days but am not sure.the governor said they deadline passed so i believe he's sure

No he's completely ignorant and just made statements for fellow dullards like him to lap up.

The Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to hear about 14 pre-election appeals on the grounds that they were caught by the amendment to Section 285 of the constitution, which took effect from June 7 last year.

The amendment to Section 285 of the constitution requires the trial court to determine pre-election cases within 180 days and gives the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court 60 days each to determine such cases.

The section of the constitution also provides that such appeals are filed within 14 days of the delivery of the judgment to be appealed.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/307536-supreme-court-turns-down-14-pre-election-cases.html
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by freeze001(f): 10:51am On Mar 26, 2019
senatordave1:

She's a pdp fellow praying for the fall of apc.

You're so predictable. Everything to you is reduced to basic politics, for and against. Quite a pity really
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by cyberguy72(m): 11:09am On Mar 26, 2019
senatordave1:

Where you there
Its all over the net, the rofo rofo btw Yari and Marafa.Even Marafa is saying he has been vindicated.
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by tesppidd: 11:13am On Mar 26, 2019
cyberguy72:
Yea thats why the Judiciary is taking its Pound of flesh.
Delusions of grandeur!

APC messed up themselves in zamfara and rivers especially.

The Presidency and the APC have won numerous court cases since 2015.

Ekiti and Edo are examples.

Keep making yourself happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by cyberguy72(m): 11:33am On Mar 26, 2019
tesppidd:
Delusions of grandeur!

APC messed up themselves in zamfara and rivers especially.

The Presidency and the APC have won numerous court cases since 2015.

Ekiti and Edo are examples.

Keep making yourself happy.
am talking Post-Onnoghen......APC will suffer numerous court defeats
Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by deboysben(m): 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
quickberry:

This one is still in "sifia" pains

Re: Appeal Court Didn’t Tamper With APC Primaries In Zamfara - Gov Yari by quickberry(m): 3:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
[quote author=deboysben post=77005749][/quote]

Ndo, you will soon be alright

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Digital Birth Registration: UNICEF, NPC To Enlist 800 Corps Members / Nigerian Government Has ‘No Respect For Courts’ – Judge / Governor Jibrilla To Distribute Bindow Metal Detectors To Mosque, Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.