Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners (18791 Views)

Catholic Bishops, Parishioners Protest Killing Of Nigerians In Abuja / Statue Of Father Abraham Nwali By Ebonyi Catholic Parishioners / Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 26, 2019
When you give a man too much power, expect abuse.

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by odomanis: 9:50am On Mar 26, 2019
B3sty:
Hmmm,
Fr Mbaka, Pls do not Generalize this.
My Church Priest has never for once enforce and compulsory level on Us, Giving is a thing of the Mind.
God Bless the Church!
God Bless Nigeria!

Dont mind him. He thinks everyone is like him. Was he not trying to extort money from Peter Obi ?

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by ikrumalemonday(m): 9:51am On Mar 26, 2019
I thought I was watching it on CD few days ago while I was sitting in my Landlord's wife shop. There is something he said that touched me, you cannot threaten the living with the benefit of the death.
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by semyman: 9:51am On Mar 26, 2019
Why are christians so greedy, even the gullibles are swindled because of greed and high expectations like gamblers
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by EngrKizzy(m): 9:52am On Mar 26, 2019
See sheep calling kettle black, you that tried squeezing out money from Obi, to the point of calling him 'stingy' to guilt trip him. Fr. Mbaka retrace your steps, you have derailed from God's service.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by festacman(m): 9:59am On Mar 26, 2019
xynerise:
Hmmm....Mbaka, have you forgotten Peter Obi Saga?
The case of Peter Obi is different. Here is a billionaire who shows at a parish harvest & bazaar event only to refuse to break even kolanut. So, why did he go in the first place? Every Igbo Catholic knows that harvest & thanksgiving day is a strictly once-in-a-year GIVING day. If you don't want to give, stay away from the event.
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2019
drealnamdy:
Didn't he abandon and humiliate peter obi ?? Double standard priest... I hate hypocrisy... Let him gerrout
seriously? is peter obi a poor parishioner who was abandoned by his priest?

I thought he was a rich guy who was invited by the church for a fund raiser, he accepted the invitation and refused to donate, offering instead to see the priest personally. The priest refused the personal idea and told him to tell it to the people of God, d whole thing went south and obi was accused of been stingy and was told what stinginess can cause.
His 500,000 donation was later rejected.

Is obi a poor person abandoned because he was owing?
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by BabangidaHamza(m): 10:28am On Mar 26, 2019
mosho2good:
In Africa,immediately you fix bulbs for your neighbors, BOOM! They Will start telling everyone that you're an electrician & you can fix Transformer
naso dem do for my house bcoz I read electrical engineering I must know why NEPA no bring light undecided undecided
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by bonechamberlain(m): 10:29am On Mar 26, 2019
The was this man is going, he might be given the slow but powerful cancer treatment, to shut him up forever and stop disgracing the church. angry
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by Realbelieveer(m): 10:43am On Mar 26, 2019
The catholic church is used to this. They don't care for there members. No youth development.. What they only know is raising funds for things that don't even lift the spirit.
I was once a catholic. But now I attand any church I feel like on Sundays. God is everywhere.

Even the priest wey we dey see for clubs for night too especially Enugu priests. Na God go judge sha.
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by slivertongue: 10:46am On Mar 26, 2019
na pretender him be
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by shekauvsbuhari: 11:07am On Mar 26, 2019
xynerise:
Hmmm....Mbaka, have you forgotten Peter Obi Saga?
Extorting the rich is good. Thats what he means.
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by shekauvsbuhari: 11:13am On Mar 26, 2019
Ubenedictus:
seriously? is peter obi a poor parishioner who was abandoned by his priest?

I thought he was a rich guy who was invited by the church for a fund raiser, he accepted the invitation and refused to donate, offering instead to see the priest personally. The priest refused the personal idea and told him to tell it to the people of God, d whole thing went south and obi was accused of been stingy and was told what stinginess can cause.
His 500,000 donation was later rejected.

Is obi a poor person abandoned because he was owing?
Coercing or putting the rich under pressure especially publicly to donate is extortion and taking undue advantage. It is morally wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by ikorodureporta: 11:21am On Mar 26, 2019
That's why I've been asking if Catholic priest make profit for themselves apart from the allowance they get from the church
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by vincentus16: 11:32am On Mar 26, 2019
mosho2good:
In Africa,immediately you fix bulbs for your neighbors, BOOM! They Will start telling everyone that you're an electrician & you can fix Transformer
lollll. Na so I help one lady install xender for her phone on several occasions and she tell me say I suppose go read computer science. Lollll.
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by flex04(m): 11:40am On Mar 26, 2019
Bigii:
Catholic now has no different with village meeting grin

You find this trait among eastern region, those here in the west tend to watch their back i guess because the bishop is very accessible or something

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by oluchi557(f): 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2019
drealnamdy:
Didn't he abandon and humiliate peter obi ?? Double standard priest... I hate hypocrisy... Let him gerrout
Peter obi is a rich man that can afford to donate money,he is talking of the poor masses that don't have much
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by Ubenedictus(m): 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
shekauvsbuhari:
Coercing or putting the rich under pressure especially publicly to donate is extortion and taking undue advantage. It is morally wrong.
which undue pressure? He was personally invited to a fund raiser, didnt he know he will be asked to donate? or people go to fund raisers to joke? Funny think is that an eastern governor donated anonymously in the same event and nobody disturbed him bt obi waited to be called and before he know he didnt want to donate in public.

If a rich man does not wish to donate in a funds raiser he can always decline d invitation, no extortion, no pressure
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by Ubenedictus(m): 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
ikorodureporta:
That's why I've been asking if Catholic priest make profit for themselves apart from the allowance they get from the church
It depends on the type of catholic priest.

A catholic priest in a contemplative community sometimes is NOT entitled to ANY allowance at all. no personal bank account

In a active religious congregation like d jesuits the priest will submit his entire allowance to his superior and his superior can find him 5k as stipend. His superior will use d allowance for whatever is needed. no personal bank account.

But diocesan priest have allowance and can recieve gifts etc and can operate an account, if u have a ministry like mbaka u may even own a business venture, or u can work in schools, university, hospitals or any service oriented organisation.
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by Akabuking: 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
Same thing I have been saying. Catholic church in the east is different from Catholic church in the North. in the east if you don't pay up the won't bury or wed you. But in the north, the will only ask you if you are a member of catholic church. my igbo people are Always making life difficult for themselves. everyone be agbero, even our priests.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by Akabuking: 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
Wisegeek01:
if i talk about my own family's experience this place go full

my brother, our eastern priests are agberos. in the north here, those levies are rare n won't stop the church from wedding or burying someone.
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by shekauvsbuhari: 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
Ubenedictus:
which undue pressure? He was personally invited to a fund raiser, didnt he know he will be asked to donate? or people go to fund raisers to joke? Funny think is that an eastern governor donated anonymously in the same event and nobody disturbed him bt obi waited to be called and before he know he didnt want to donate in public.

If a rich man does not wish to donate in a funds raiser he can always decline d invitation, no extortion, no pressure
the man has a right to not announce his donation. Putting him under pressure or coercing him is wrong. Extortion it is and morally wrong. Priest is human and can err. In this situation, he got it wrong.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by Ubenedictus(m): 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
shekauvsbuhari:
the man has a right to not announce his donation. Putting him under pressure or coercing him is wrong. Extortion it is and morally wrong. Priest is human and can err. In this situation, he got it wrong.
the funny part is that the donation part had not even began at that time. He was ask to break kola according to igbo custom and he was talking about project that is just stinginess
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by Ubenedictus(m): 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
Realbelieveer:
The catholic church is used to this. They don't care for there members. No youth development.. What they only know is raising funds for things that don't even lift the spirit.
I was once a catholic. But now I attand any church I feel like on Sundays. God is everywhere.

Even the priest wey we dey see for clubs for night too especially Enugu priests. Na God go judge sha.
What youth development does your new church offer
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by Realbelieveer(m): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
Ubenedictus:
What youth development does your new church offer

Did u see me write any new church or u can't read again. The Catholic church is now a SCAM.
Re: Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners by budaatum: 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
when did he criticize the worst election since the history of Nigeria...

A man calling others stingy for not donating money is even talking... Naso
Daddy Freeze has ministered to him!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet David Angel And His Wife Celebrate Birthday In Style / Free Sex Japan!!! / Fetching Water In My Dream, What Does It Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.