Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,090 members, 7,953,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:06 PM

'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo (6695 Views)

Photos From Joseph Yobo's Big Centenary / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / Joseph Yobo Chases Mother-in-law From Home - National Enquirer Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by Builder: 7:42pm On Sep 10, 2010
i bet if David Beckham or any european or south American says he gonna play past 2018, most NLers would hail him as the best ever, but been a nigerian , God help him, thats if NLers havent insulted his family in the process
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by papaejima2: 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2010
SPARROW JA:

We need people like papa Ejima to enlighten Nigerians, The man has just typed the truest statement I've ever read on here for a long time, I just want to add that Yobo, played for Amateur team Mechelin fc as a teenage high school leaver and also played for SSk and bright stars, the last coach was coach Zico amongst other local coaches he trained with but the boy is 30yrs old for real cuz I played with him alongside George Abbey who was only a yr or 2 older than us. I coudn't make it to the top level but I must tell d truth as much as I know. Gideon, Joseph, Edwin and Albert in ascending other were the 4 footballing brothers in Igboukwu street D/line.
Joseph is our best and most reliable and experience defender, what a skipper nxt world cup shud be ok 4 him

Thank you sparrow. You know the family very well. I grew up at no. 33 while the Yobos grew up at no. 24 and later no. 35. I just hope that people would only comment on things that they know and leave the boy alone. He made it to the top at an early age because he was very good so he should not be crucified for it.
philip0906:

Papa ejima,how far na? grin grin grin
I dey my brother.
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by lekanbar(m): 9:35pm On Sep 10, 2010
Till two thosand and wetin!!, this grandpa, how is he going to that

http://lekanbaruwa.
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by Ranoscky(m): 10:38am On Sep 11, 2010
SO?. . .who give's a rat's a$$ ? ? ? undecided
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by Chalos: 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2010
Oga Yobo,haba wetin now, u know yourself that you are no more in the game,so why not face reality and quit the game earlier now before you shame yourself in 2014,
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by agitator: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2010
I don't know why, but the rivers/bayelsa/delta people normally look younger in appearance than their age mates from other parts of the country
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by sulad82i(m): 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2010
I guess they are all hiding behind what the manager said. Just like Yakubu.
And if your manager think you still have some juice in you, why were u let go
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by sojchamp: 8:27am On Sep 12, 2010
i quite agree with papa ejima and sparrow ja. they have made a very honest and factual statement. people should not be too sentimental when contributing to important issues like this. players should not be dropped because of their age as we all know that experience comes with age. joseph yobo is a good and disciplined player with great character. however, it is very obvious that he has lost his forms in recent times. there is a clear evidence in this as even his club everton where he has played most of his professional careers have had to drop him.
my advice to jy is "quit when the ovation is loudest"; and that is now.
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by Ahmadex(m): 10:03am On Sep 12, 2010
na scope in dey use, yobo want to make him name dey for guiness book of record that is why him want play till he reach 100yrs. my bro (yobo). i like your mission
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by sofymoore(m): 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2010
u go only die 4 pitch.na so ur small brother wayne rooney dey play am. yobo u be oleeeeee. u beta pack ur load and leave SE. we no want u.
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by babaowo: 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2010
ye shall know the truth,and the truth ye know,shall set you free.The truth ye don't know will keep ye in bondage,so people should try and find out some truth before they post on forums,to educate ignorance.
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by bowei(m): 12:01am On Sep 13, 2010
@ Papa Ejima you are really Yobo and his so called elder brothers Dad!!
Chief liar Yobo in not 29 i can tell you that categorically!! I once had a client who claimed to be Yobo's cousin and was really irritated then the way my secretary addressed him, and mind ya my secretary then now is 38 years and the guy claim his Yobo was Older end of story!!
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by dustydee: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2010
In your dreams Yobo, tongue
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by Parnassuss(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2010
This is a threat. grin grin grin
Yobo don mark Naija, the feels that after 'working' for this country y'all just wants to cast him aside, he will pull the Becks on SE, before they cut him off with the Moyes. grin grin
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2010
Age really means nothing if a player still performs, so the argument shouldn't be about age, but FORM.
I remember a certain Nigeria - Spain match 12 years ago, and what a certain Yekinni did in that match.
I remember Fashanu commented that if Yekinni plays well, he doesn't give a fig whether he's 39 or 59!
If Bro Joe keeps playing well for a good club, by all means invite him to SE camp! If he win jersey, give am!
Abi, werrin?

You pple don't know who else reads these threads beside Nigerians. angry
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by jaccyraj: 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2010
I Know he can still play i 2018.He could play with three legs including a walking stick, Yobo find a place to sit and do not shame yourself, 6 years from now?

Earn N75k - N165k From CPA, Facebook and Twitter

www.acextra.com

Joomla Video Tutorials

www.acextra.com/joomla
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by Ranoscky(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2010
Quote from Jeezuzpick: "Age really means nothing if a player still performs, so the argument shouldn't be about age, but FORM"

^^God bless u broda, u talk well.

I'll lyke u guys criticisin yobo to answer dis questions for me.

I believe Van da sar is d oldest player in football now right? how old is he now?

Followed by Fulhams goal keeper (Schwarzer), how old is he now also?
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by seanezzy: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2010
So yobo, u no dey shame until u don get grandson na d tyme wey u go com realise sey u don old. Baba agba!!!
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by seanezzy: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2010
So yobo, u no dey shame until u don get grandson na d tyme wey u go com realise sey u don old. Baba agba!!!
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by oliidell(m): 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2010
Na wa oooo. so Taiye Taiwo and Uncle Stanley Okoro senior Yobo! Wonders shal never end.
Papa Ejima tanx 4 dat piece.

SPARROW JA:

We need people like papa Ejima to enlighten Nigerians, The man has just typed the truest statement I've ever read on here for a long time, I just want to add that Yobo, played for Amateur team Mechelin fc as a teenage high school leaver and also played for SSk and bright stars, the last coach was coach Zico amongst other local coaches he trained with but the boy is 30yrs old for real cuz I played with him alongside George Abbey who was only a yr or 2 older than us. I coudn't make it to the top level but I must tell d truth as much as I know. Gideon, Joseph, Edwin and Albert in ascending other were the 4 footballing brothers in Igboukwu street D/line.
Joseph is our best and most reliable and experience defender, what a skipper nxt world cup shud be ok 4 him

Sparrow u sure say u sabi Yobo? i de suspect u ooo.
Re: 'i'll Play Until 2018' : Joseph Yobo by sley4life(m): 9:59pm On Sep 13, 2010
Yobo beta resign else he wuld av hat dislocation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Surebet All Surebet Members Most Log In Or Register Through This Link / See What Happened In Merrybet Shop / Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.