Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab (32532 Views)

Controversy Over Position Of Tinubu's Youth Minister / CAN Queries Adegbite, Lagos Chairman, Over Position On Muslim-muslim Ticket / Plateau Attack: Fayose Speaks On Death Of Residents, Attacks Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by phranklean: 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2019
The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has faulted the President Muhammadu Buhari government’s position on the hijab saga.

The Government was quoted last week as saying that it would not interfere in the hijab imbroglio which has embroiled the South West.

In a press statement issued to DAILY POST on Tuesday by MURIC and signed by Professor Ishaq Akintola, its Director, the group said, “The Federal Government cannot afford to close its eyes to this serious human rights abuse within its domain.

The whole country is FG’s constituency. Isn’t FG concerned that the girl child is being chased out of school on account of her religion?

“Schoolgirls in hijab were locked out of the school gates in the University of Ibadan International School (UIS) and Federal University of Technology Staff School, Ogbomosho. The same has happened in Abeokuta and Lagos. Apart from this, the courts in the South West are saturated with hijab cases.

“The court cases underline the need for FG to direct the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation to invite all the commissioners for Justice in the affected states to discuss the issue.
There are serious implications involved in this hijab imbroglio. It is more than just a simple denial of a head cover. Those who deprive female Muslim children of the right to use hijab are engaging in child abuse, stigmatization and profiling. By treating the Muslim girl-child with contempt and derision, they expose her to ridicule, assault the dignity of her human person and rob her of her self-confidence.

“In addition, they promote child depression and education-fatigue in the girl-child because their hostile and illegal action is capable of discouraging the Muslim girl-child from attending school. This is paradoxical because various state governments have criminalized failure to attend school by any child of school age. Failure to indicate interest in the hijab affair in the South West will defeat FG’s campaign for girl-child education.

“It is equally important to add that FG’s lack of interest is already breeding impunity in illegality as other federal agencies have made it their cardinal duty to persecute Muslim women who wear hijab. The excesses manifest in the immigration department where Muslim women in hijab are forced to remove it before ‘capturing’ takes place for processing international passports.

The same is currently happening in the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) where women in hijab are subjected to this humiliating demand before ‘capturing’ for driving licences. The involvement of federal agencies in the victimization of Muslim women makes it more imperative for FG to show interest. It proves that the problem is not limited to the South West. It has a national spread.

“It requires strategic thinking. FG must rise to the occasion before it is too late. The Muslims are complaining now without being violent. We are still fortunate that MURIC, which is spearheading the matter is a non-violent human rights group which employs civilized methods to make its demands. We must not wait until extremist elements hijack the struggle. We remind FG that justice is the soul of peace. Those who deny one cannot enjoy the other.

“We, therefore, advise FG to issue a circular criminalizing the harassment of women in hijab in any government office in Nigeria. Furthermore, FG must educate these government functionaries on the illegality of disallowing hijab-wearing women from performing their civic responsibilities. Government must also go further by ensuring that any civil servant who is caught doing so after the enlightenment is duly punished.

The Nigerian constitution is rich in guidelines but compliance, implementation and enforcement are the problems. Refusal to allow a woman in hijab to perform a civic duty is a breach of Section 42 of the1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which stipulates that:

(1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, RELIGION or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-

(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any executive or administrative action of the government (or its agencies-addition ours), to disabilities or RESTRICTIONS to which citizens of Nigeria, of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religion or political opinions are not made subject.

Source:
http://dailypost.ng/2019/03/26/islamic-group-attacks-buhari-govt-position-hijab/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

10 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Realadey(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2019
Why do people reason this way? Hijab or no hijab doesn't stop a child from learning.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by TheFreeOne: 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2019
The dude is a jihadist / closet terrorists apologist.

And a disgrace to omoluabis.

211 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by ibotic(f): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2019
Can this fo0l not just let us focus on more pressing concerns for the citizenry of this country....na wa o....hijab fit put food for table

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by IamD18: 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
The same hijab these set of religious fanatics hide under to do all sort of atrocities.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Shelumiel: 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
This man is a dunce . Always fighting for the wrong reasons and causes . Very soon he will be fighting for causes like " there is not enough sugar in the garri of Muslims worldwide "

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by oilPUSSY(f): 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2019
This man should be more worried about how fulanis denied him the right to sight the moon for donkey years despite all his headslamming and bootlicking to please them.

Very soon his followers will start putting bombs all over their body like their counterparts in the NE.

With the way this man is pursuing his agenda, it's obvious that terrorism in SW is an inevitable disaster that is about to explode . It's a matter of time.

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Turantula(m): 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2019
Go to Iran for holidays, No
Go to Saudi Arabia, No
Where do you want to go to then? Paris, London, Rome, Berlin.
Whats ur name? Mohammed.....
Allahu Akbar

209 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by nwanyionitsha: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
Why not start a Muslim/islamic school.?

21 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Optional09: 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2019
Terror groups are loading in the SW. this MURIC will build the strongest terror organization in Yoruba land if his activities are not immidiately stoped.

He will receive funding from Islamic Terror organization to radicalize and carry out attacks in SW in less than 3 years from now

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by helinues: 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
Muric and troubles are like 5&6

7 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by helinues: 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
Optional09:
Terror groups are loading in the SW. this MURIC will build the strongest terror organization in Yoruba land if his activities is not immidiately stoped.

He will receive funding from Islamic Terror group to radicalize and carry out attacks in SW in less than 3 years from now

A prayer? Wishes or what do we call this now?
Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Optional09: 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
helinues:

A prayer? Wishes or what do we call this now?

It’s a prophesy, you will remember this comment in 3 years from now

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by helinues: 3:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
Optional09:

It’s a prophesy, you will remember this comment in 3 years from now

Sorry we don't harbour terror in SW.. Even if they have the plans , their members will sell them out..

So Mr Prophesy, keep that false prophesy to yourself

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Optional09: 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
helinues:

Sorry we don't harbour terror in SW.. Even if they have the plans , their members will sell them out..

So Mr Prophesy, keep that false prophesy to yourself

The same way we ended up as slaves to Hausa Fulani, claiming the most civilized yet we can’t hire our people to protect our water ways our borders, airports to mention but few. You will remember my comments in the future

32 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by helinues: 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
Optional09:

The same way we ended up as slaves to Hausa Fulani, claiming the most civilized yet we can’t hire our people to protect our water ways our borders, airports to mention but few. You will remember my comments in the future

Oga speak for your region alone..
SW is not a slave to Hausa/Fulani or who ever. Even upon our mixed religions, we coexist peacefully. Abeg!!!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by BlackfireX: 3:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
Yoruba Muslims......

Imagine.

28 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by FRESHG(m): 3:19pm On Mar 26, 2019
Turantula:
Go to Iran for holidays, No
Go to Saudi Arabia, No
Where do you want to go to then? Paris, London, Rome, Berlin.
Whats ur name? Mohammed.....
Allahu Akbar

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Optional09: 3:28pm On Mar 26, 2019
helinues:

Oga speak for your region alone..
SW is not a slave to Hausa/Fulani or who ever. Even upon our mixed religions, we coexist peacefully. Abeg!!!

I am Yoruba Mr man you need to go out of Lagos down to Oke Ogun Oyo and even Agege see what damage Hausa Fulanis have done and are doing to our values, under aged Children getting raped and stop decieving yourself. I travels round Southwest up to Niger State in my research I talked to the least people in every community, including farmers and student.

We will start doing something about it before it’s too late.

Children in SW are already getting radicalized that’s what I am telling you I have evidence of these criminal activities and I will post it here in due time

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by helinues: 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2019
Optional09:

I am Yoruba Mr man you need to go out of Lagos down to Oke Ogun Oyo and even Agege see what damage Hausa Fulanis have done and are doing to our values, under aged Children getting raped and stop decieving yourself. I travels round Southwest up to Niger State in my research I talked to the least people in every community, including farmers and student.

We will start doin something about it before it’s too late.

Children in SW are already getting radicalized that’s what I am telling you I have evidence of these criminal activities and I will post it here in due time

There is no big deal in dealing with it, but don't make it look as if that only happens in SW

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Optional09: 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
helinues:

There is no big deal in dealing with it, but don't make it look as if that only happens in SW

You’re not Yoruba, so you can’t feel my pain. There is no big deal in raping underaged children boys and girls? there is no big deal in sending our farmers out of their farms? There is no big deal in radicalizing our children?

Are you human?

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Yello1(m): 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2019
After politics d second deadly disease affecting our general development is religion

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by helinues: 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2019
Optional09:

You’re not Yoruba, so you can’t fee my pain. There is no big deal in raping underaged children boys and girls? there is no big deal in sending our farmers out of their farms? There is no big deal in radicalizing our children?

Are you human?

You are becoming too emotional about this.. Mind you, I am Bawaa.

Make I just waka
Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by ChristianNorth: 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
Yorubas should raise up and condemn this now. Na so BH started.

Ilorin brand of Islam is already scary. I don talk my own, we don't want full-blown terrorists in the South.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Chipink(f): 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2019
Yorubas will keep quiet on this one, because it's their Hausa slave masters

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Amuocha: 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2019
Amazing.

Thread is for Y muslims. Rated SW.

I am out grin

16 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by SEONaijaExpert: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
MURIC has been loud since the election, who are their sponsors?

12 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
To all the wailers shouting and wailing that Baba will Islamized Nigeria all these years, when is he going to start the Islamization nah?!

Is it after 2023?!
Madt people!!

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by HajimeSaito(m): 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
Long term solution to this problem is to let MOOslimes have their own country where they can practice their immoral and unintelligent religion on themselves.

[img]https://images./4GDBk5zAGu7G6tkU0ixf5s.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./4TzvblNbZMJfH2d50Lvysu.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./3CaVd0mHB9GPDWN8Qoemu0.jpg[/img]

13 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Awoleesu(m): 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
Enu lo maa pa bobo ishaq akintola yii las-las sha!

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab by Guyman02: 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
MUMURIC again, why is Nairaland giving that fool so much publicity Daily

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers / Warning Circular To NTA Staff Over Liking & Sharing Of Online Publications(Memo) / Kano Gov’ship: ‘you Lost But Made Moves To Hijack Power,’ Sanusi Mocks Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.