Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Tiling The Tiler - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tiling The Tiler (2070 Views)

PROFESSIONAL TILER / I Am Tiler / Showcasing Of Our Finishings Work i.e,tiling,kitchen setup, plumbing,painting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiling The Tiler by nimoxrealty(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2019
If you had been cheated many times by tilers, you would be doing yourself a favour by reading this piece of information. As you all know artisans in this part of the world are cursed with sharp practices: Honesty is almost in want all the time. You are most likely to be cheated especially when you display sheer ignorance of this field of work. In my experience as a landlord and realtor, I had seen many cases of been swindled on broad day light, and this artisan will still make you think that they have done you a favour. In one of my last experience before I woke up to the challenge. I called a tiler to lay 4 piece of tiles(40cm by 40cm) on my passage floor, he charged me 2000naira for laying 4 piece of tiles. Ignorantly, I thought he had charge me fairly. It took me six month to realize that he robbed with sweet talk and undue praises. I can go on with many other experiences, but that wouldnt suffice or protect you better until you are able to understand some basic knowledge. The nightmare of any artisan is knowing that you know. He would find it quite hard to bank on you; and technically rob you off your hard earn money.

My Advice to any one is always do your personal research before calling or assigning any tiler to tile your house. Go to nearest tile shop or store ask about price of each tile sizes. The next thing you do is call a tiler and bargain for what you can afford, before that Ensure you have some knowledge about charge per square meter.

A wanna be home owner most have basic knowledge of all the whole aspect of house building in order to safeguard him or her self from fraudstar like artisan. Tiling a house require some detail measurement in order to know the number of tiles or carton of tiles needed.

How do you measure?
For you to achieve this you would need a tape rule or measurement tape, then you measure the width of one side of the floor and the length of the floor or wall depending on where you want to tile. You measurement have to be in meters(m), 3.28ft makes a meter. Your final result must be equal to square meter(sqm), otherwise it might be difficult arriving at the precise calculation for number of Cartons needed to tile you house. You may wondering as to how will measure the wall of toilet, bathroom and kitchen. Wall measuring is different because getting the breadth is nt so simple. You place your tape rule to measure all sides of the wall to get accurate measurement. However getting the length is as simple as placing your tape rule up to down.

How much do tilers charge?
In direct services there is no limit on how much an artisan can charge. Some artisans who had worked with me charge fairly well from 400naira per square meter to 1000naira per square meter. Some even charge higher depending on the nature of the job and experience because some tiling jobs are not so simple. However, I heard the best tilers in town are tilers from togo and benin, though no togo or benin tiler had worked with me before.

How do I know which tiles to buy?
I can use myself for example, anytime I want to do some tiling work, i go to the market myself and inquire about the prices of each tile dimension.
We have 30cm by 40cm, 20cm by 20cm, 40cm by 40cm, 60cm by 60cm dimension etc.I also look for fashionable modern designs and patterns.No one wants an outdated design or some cheap looking design. It depends on what you want and how much you can afford.

What kind of tiles can I find out there?
We have nigerian tiles(made in nigeria), spanish tiles, chinese tiles, italian tiles etc. Depending on your preference, I would advice you go for what you can afford.There is no doubt spanish tiles are more durable and expensive. We have some made in Nigerian tiles like: Pnt, Goodwill, royal, time etc are very affordable.I do not know about its durability.

Note:
If you have any issue measuring any area of your house(kitchen, toilet, bathroom, sitting room).
Contacting me on telegram, it is free. no charges for service. Just chat me up and give me figures of measurement in cm, sqm, inches and meter. I can help you with the precise calculation. It takes just little time to give you accurate figure.

Telegram:08166253319

1 Like

Re: Tiling The Tiler by nimoxrealty(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
Tape rule

Re: Tiling The Tiler by nimoxrealty(m): 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
Carton of tiles

Re: Tiling The Tiler by nimoxrealty(m): 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
Tiler at work

Re: Tiling The Tiler by nimoxrealty(m): 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

External Floor Concrete Stamping / Port Harcourt: Warehouse For Lease / Spaces At Sleek Studio Square(opposite Silverbird Galleria) Available To Let

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.