Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

I Am Hiv-positive And Pregnant. Will My Baby Be Born With Hiv? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am Hiv-positive And Pregnant. Will My Baby Be Born With Hiv? (743 Views)

I Am HIV Positive And Illegal Immigrant: Advise Please / Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Hiv-positive And Pregnant. Will My Baby Be Born With Hiv? by chiproibe: 11:15am On Sep 07, 2010
Being an HIV-positive mother-to-be does not guarantee that your child will be born HIV-positive. HIV transmission usually occurs during delivery, but can also before birth in the mother's womb. If an HIV-positive mother receives appropriate care throughout her pregnancy, including medication to lower the amount of virus in her blood, HIV may not spread to the child. Without treatments, risk of HIV transmission to the child is higher, but with medications taken regularly throughout the pregnancy, as well as delivery by Caesarian section, the risk of , read more articles at aidsccenter..com

(1) (Reply)

Buy Edmark Bubble C N3000. Delivery. 07085055001 / Prevent Wrinkles With These Skin Care Tips. / Accountant Ond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.