Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,606 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet (34631 Views)

How Cold War In Lagos APC Caused Rejection Of Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet Nominees / Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? / Protests In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-Olu's Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by dre11(m): 6:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
•Party members may storm street over two-man show

Composition of the executive cabinet for the in-coming administration of Governor-elect, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, is creating sustained bubbles within the rank and file of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos State.

The horse-trading and consultations expected to herald such an exercise, have allegedly turned to what a top party source described as a two-man show.

Party leader, Bola Tinubu and his closest ally and immediate past governor of Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola, are allegedly sitting in judgment on who gets what, without consulting with other intermediate leaders of the party, who collaborated to carry the APC ticket of Sanwo-Olu and Femi Hamzat, through the finishing line ahead of others, Sunday Tribune learnt.

The alleged development is also said to be rankling senior party members, particularly those sitting on the advisory body, known as GAC, Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC).

A GAC member, who spoke on condition of anonymity, however, pooh-poohed the reported move by some of his colleagues to get Chief Tajudeen Olusi to compile a counter to the list Aregbesola allegedly prepared at Tinubu’s behest.

Though completely averse to the looming influence of the former Osun governor in Lagos politics, the GAC member rhetorically asked the kind of weight his colleagues could pull when they were all selected and nominated to the advisory council, single handedly by Tinubu.

“The one said to be compiling list of commissioners, special advisers and special assistants for Jide and Femi (Sanwo-Olu and Hamzat) has no shame. If he has any, he will not come to Lagos to be pulling a weight he can’t pull in the state where he was governor for eight years. Can he go to Osun and be nominating commissioners for the governor, despite the Tribunal crisis they are facing there?

“Those kicking in GAC are not facing reality. They should know that Aregbesola is Asiwaju and Asiwaju is Aregbesola. They should know that whatever Aregbesola is doing is being done by Asiwaju and the same Asiwaju is responsible for how all of them got to GAC. Asiwaju is GAC, GAC is Asiwaju.

“I knew from beginning this is how it would turn out, the moment they decided to stop him (Ambode) from seeking a second term. What saddens most about what is playing out now, is that the number one and two (Sanwo-Olu and Hamzat) who will be accountable to the people of the state, are also not involved in picking those who will work on the mandate given them.

“I’m not expecting anything from anyone, if they think we deserve anything fine, if they think we did nothing to deserve an inclusion, good luck to them. We have done what is required of us by delivering the party’s ticket.

“For those fighting within GAC, their agitation is of no moment and the moment they give a slot or two of special assistants or advisers to them, you won’t hear their noise again. We wait to see how it plays out”.

Sunday Tribune, however, learnt that the battle for influence this time may not be the usual, which is always among party elite, as foot-soldiers are likely to be involved in protesting against the alleged two-man show unfolding in the state.

Tinubu is nationally believed to be interested in running for president in 2023 when the unwritten rotational arrangement would drop the office down south.

Aregbesola, his former Commissioner of Works, is thought to be his most trusted ally alongside the likes of Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed.

Mohammed, Tinubu’s former Chief of Staff, however, has emerged a major force in his Kwara home-state, following the dislodging of former Kwara strongman, Bukola Saraki and his camp.

Mohammed is expected to take charge of APC as the new ruling party in Kwara, leaving Aregbesola, to run the show for their boss in Lagos.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/197973/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by babyfaceafrica: 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2019
is that all?...their problem

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by Bizmagnet: 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
He was picked to contest and win so also will his cabinet members be picked for him. That's 9ja politics for you.

Success is a choice mingled with passion and hardwork. When someone becomes unawares of the right life choice to make, he opts for fate and arrogate his stagancy or failures to 'village people'. Make the right choice for your business and ideas today and watch yourself rise to the right level: Get your website/blog/software now. Check my signature for contacts.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by OlujobaSamuel: 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
Aregbe preparing to take charge after Tinubu

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by TheFreeOne: 7:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
Na today e don dey happen? They've surrendered their right, dignity to Tinubu since 1999 cos of 'atenuje.'

Let them continue to enjoy the reign of baba sope and his gang.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
So, wetin com konsain me?

2 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by Amuocha: 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2019
Useless cabinet of

1. Traffic in city
2. Poor power supply
3. No public supply of water
4. Potholes and recurring potholes in various communities
5. Poor road infrastructure
6. Reporting line to Bourdillion
7. Man know man paddy paddy contractors
Etc

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
Much ado about nothing........

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by Guyman02: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
An Igbo will form part of his cabinet to the anger of Yoruba Muslims grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
A puppet has no right to elect a cabinet ..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by CunnyLinguist: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
grin

Let me predict.

Some people whose governors share kerosene or build statues and have left their states as huge garbage dumps....

Will come here to rant about Lagos or Kano many kilometres away.

I DON'T CARE WHO THE MAYOR OF LONDON IS OR THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. only an idiot will have high BP about what's not relevant to him.

Please help me count the incoming pigs.1,2,3.....

24 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by Wizygreat12: 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
Tinubu the thief

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by NOC1(m): 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
What I don't understand is the influence Aregbesola have in Lagos, despite governing Osun for 8 solid years, he is still in control of his senatorial zone in Lagos.
I fear the Society Lagos politicians belong, it humbles them a lot, if you sit down to analyse Lagos politics you will agree with me that it is scripted from somewhere while someone is presented as the arrow head. If it is money so many APC leaders in Lagos are richer than Tinubu, so many of them spend cash more than him, so many are in street more than him, but they all still agree to him.

21 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by okadoo: 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
AMBODE DEY FOR ONE CORNER THEY LAFF. YEYE PEOPLE

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by MobilityExpress: 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
Wish them all the best as they aim to govern the greatest state in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by CunnyLinguist: 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
wink
Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by HallaDaTruth: 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
How did this make front page with very few comments.
Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by Teewhy2: 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by RTSC: 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
The guy better surrender to the powers that be if he likes himself.
He is just a puppet and shouldn't have any ideas.

The broom they used for ambode is still with tinubu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by helinues: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
Winning an election is just a step.. More headaches ahead for the winning politicians

3 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by Crizillion1(m): 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
Help me out please I want to get some textbooks with exam coming in a week or two and I don't have much on me please assist me please
Diamond bank
Thanks
Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by Olugbayi: 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2019
Amuocha:
Useless cabinet of

1. Traffic in city
2. Poor power supply
3. No public supply of water
4. Potholes and recurring potholes in various communities
5. Poor road infrastructure
6. Reporting line to Bourdillion
7. Man know man paddy paddy contractors
Etc
Wetin dey for Umuahia ?
You never travel back home since you arrived Lagos in1994

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by wifeesnatcher(m): 9:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
CunnyLinguist:
grin

Let me predict.

Some people whose governors share kerosene or build statues and have left their states as huge garbage dumps....

Will come here to rant about Lagos or Kano many kilometres away.

Please help me count the incoming pigs....

are you minding those backward region. the day East will start to developed is the day those lost immigrants will start abusing their chronic looters and clown governors as they're doing to Tinubu and Ganduge.

to those f00ls peter obi didn't steal 1naira, uguwanyi didn't steal, obiano is an evangelist, ikpeazu is a philanthropist, the ebonyi political game player is a developer. all I do when I read their posts here is to shake my head for them

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by baratech: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
Okay
Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by niggi4life(m): 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2019
I knew that Sanwo olu guy is going to be Tinubu's puppet. He would just be a figure head governor while tinubu and his allies eat up the State's treasury

3 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by Uniportadmision: 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
Disqui what? Tinubu already selected them lol

Interesting item here.

No known issues

Reduced price of 170k last last.
Port Harcourt.

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by chiedu7: 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
Crisis is looming & dem never swear Gov in oh!

1 Like

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by chuose2: 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2019
Then some AFONJA go say Igbos are not united.

AFONJA cannot simply consistent government board.

Imagine if they attempt to shut down the SW the way IPOB shuts down Biafra grin

3 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by Cityfirstborn(m): 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
Lagos that is under remote control since 90's by tinubu, their god and saviour. some people will rather lick his butt than question him

4 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet by kayjay69(m): 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
Unfortunately he won't succeed, he is more or less DOA - Dead On Arrival. People may like/dislike Tinubu but you cant help but admire him as a politician (even though it is to the detriment of his constituents, of which I am one, and the Nigerian people at large). As for Aregbe, there is not much to like or admire. This man has shown clearly that he will gladly weaponize religion if it translates to political gain. He did as Osun State Gov, God forbid the day he were to ever seize the reins of their party leadership in the SW. Initially I saw him as a grassroots movement leader that the hinterland folks really needed, as he gained power and stayed further in office his real intentions grew.

OlujobaSamuel:
Aregbe preparing to take charge after Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obaseki Dethrones Benjamin Ikhani, Ends Uzanu Clan In Edo / President Tinubu Signs Data Protection Bill / Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.