Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,990 members, 7,866,724 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:26 AM

Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week (18131 Views)

Solskjaer To Remain Manchester United Manager Despite Liverpool Humiliation / West Ham Vs Man Utd: Solskjaer To Be Without Three Key Players For EPL Clash / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by dometome: 8:28am On Mar 27, 2019
H
Tundexxy:

Imagine! embarassed embarassed... Can fellani even exist under Fergie?
yes. The match against Juve would have been lost, if not for him.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by mozona(m): 8:46am On Mar 27, 2019
as a united fan, he has tried but i dont think we need him right now.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Presido24(m): 9:19am On Mar 27, 2019
Now let the losing begin !
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by kaey10(m): 9:59am On Mar 27, 2019
ogunsj:
we are saying the same thing. if Pochettino has not tasted a trophy in his coaching life what then now makes him a top notch coach.a coach is rated by his achievements not even style of play. Zidane, mourhiho, Pep Guardiola, Pellegrini, Conte, etc are highly rated today because of thier trophy cabinet.
the team which this top coaches goes to matters alot.
that y most of them avoid teams that struggle with fourth place or a mid table team cos they knw they can't win anything. Even pep had to turn down man utd to join city nt cos united is not a big team bt cos dey we're struggling when he decided to come to d epl
we've seen what poch did with Southampton and four year later dey re still struggling cos he left.
see what he's doing with tottenham with his style of play, limited spending n d players he has. over four seasons tottenham has become a top 3 team with champions league football, then imagine giving him more money to spend. i don't need to remind you dt he didn't sign any player this season.
i stand to be corrected tho

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by chidexxy007(m): 10:14am On Mar 27, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
That does not change the fact that he's not a top notch tactician. Man U are dangling with their reputation.

Edwoodward should go snap up Pochentino. He's proven his worth over the years.

I need gift cards. I wanna buy. Pls dm me. Thanks!
... but a top notch tactician was dragging manutd with dem Bournemouth, Watford etc before he came and rescued them.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by chidexxy007(m): 10:19am On Mar 27, 2019
greenhulk:

I thought I was the only one seeing it. I still think poch would do a better job. Even though ole has tried but let's be honest here, the performance in the first few weeks of his appointment was down to the players having a renewed energy after the sacking of mourinho. That is normal whenever a new manager takes over. It happened to real Madrid when solari was made manager (before it fell apart again) and also happened with Leicester after ranieri got sacked. The past few weeks we have started seeing the lapses in ole's tactics. His is a full time counter attacking manager and he struggles to break teams that sit back and defend where there's no room for counter. Forget that they beat PSG, it was mistakes from psg and a VAR assisted penalty, psg played them off the park in both legs. The loss to arsenal and wolves compounded it and they got lucky wins against Leicester and Southampton.

I don't see him as a manager that can actually build the team and dominate games like pep and klopp, even pochetino. Man utd made a great mistake not signing zidane when he was without a job. That is a manager that most of the players now watched play and was their idol growing up, so every players would like to play for him. Ole is a novice and that is not what man utd need right now. The problem with man utd is they get carried away with initial success, eg majority of them were actually thinking martial is better than hazard and that rashford is better than mbappe. Really? Now they are shouting give ole the job just because of 2-3 months of success. Why give him the job now when they can wait till end of the season to see how things turn out? It's not like there are other clubs that want to sign him. If they give him the job now the same fans screaming ole is on the wheels will be the ones calling for his head when the wheels start falling off. I wish Jim the best though but I still think they should wait till end of the season.
kk

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by chidexxy007(m): 10:28am On Mar 27, 2019
kaey10:

the team which this top coaches goes to matters alot.
that y most of them avoid teams that struggle with fourth place or a mid table team cos they knw they can't win anything. Even pep had to turn down man utd to join city nt cos united is not a big team bt cos dey we're struggling when he decided to come to d epl
we've seen what poch did with Southampton and four year later dey re still struggling cos he left.
see what he's doing with tottenham with his style of play, limited spending n d players he has. over four seasons tottenham has become a top 3 team with champions league football, then imagine giving him more money to spend. i don't need to remind you dt he didn't sign any player this season.
i stand to be corrected tho
How can you claim Southampton are struggling cos Porch left them?
Koeman finished higher than Poch if am not mistaken..
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by kaey10(m): 8:00pm On Mar 27, 2019
chidexxy007:

How can you claim Southampton are struggling cos Porch left them?
Koeman finished higher than Poch if am not mistaken..
yeah dts true but Pochettino did it first by leading the team to an eighth-placed finish, their highest league position before koeman led them to sixth placed finish. don't forget poch spent jst one year with Southampton.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by chidexxy007(m): 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2019
kaey10:

yeah dts true but Pochettino did it first by leading the team to an eighth-placed finish, their highest league position before koeman led them to sixth placed finish. don't forget poch spent jst one year with Southampton.
My point is Koeman did it after him, so saying its because he left them that's why they are struggling is out of place. If anything its because Koeman left sef.

Koeman too achieved his in his first season and Poch did 1 and a half seasons.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Mandubekus: 11:02am On Sep 28, 2019
dometome:
I don't think so. victory against Juve would not have been possible.
then where did we take the victory to

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Refuse To Meet Sarri's £7million Release Clause From Napoli / NIGERIA'S Falconet Finally Paid N30,000 Each After Disappointing World Cup / Why We Abandoned Abuja Stadium – NFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.