Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos (50056 Views)

Lagosians Stranded At Bus Stops. What's The Situation In Your Area? / These Are The 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Abuja / 10 Popular Names Used For Bus Stops In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by AutoJoshNIG: 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2019

Lagos state is the most populous city in Nigeria and Africa at large. It is a state know to be land of opportunities.

The population of Lagos according to the Lagos State Government was 17.5 million, a number disputed by the Nigerian Government and judged unreliable by the National Population Commission of Nigeria. The latest reports estimate the population at 21 million, making Lagos the largest city in Africa.

When it comes to West Africa, Lagos has one of the most extensive and largest road networks. It is a state linked by many highways and bridges which are usually congested in peak hours. The rate of growth of the state is another contributing factor to this traffic congestion.

Below are the 5 most popular bus stops in Lagos. Once you make it into Lagos by road, you must hear about one of them. They are also the top bus stops that link to various other locations in Lagos.

1. Oshodi:

The bus stop Oshodi was named after Balogun Landuji Oshodi Tapa, a Nupe boy who was adopted and raised by Oba Eshinlokun of Lagos.

We can say Oshodi is the most popular bus stop im Lagos and the whole of Nigeria.

Oshodi is a very crowded bus stop which is sitted at the center of Lagos. From Oshodi, you have access to almost every other part of Lagos like the Island and some other parts of the Mainland.

Oshodi bus stop is an intersection between the busy Apapa-Oshodi Express Way, Gbagada Express Way and Agege Motor Road.

2. Ojota:

The name Ojota can be traced back to the 18th century when the present Ojota area was a military settlement where soldiers practiced or perfected their shooting skills.
As a result of the training, there were several gun firing spots which became known as “Oju Ota” which means “Bullet spots” in Yoruba.

The name later transformed to the Ojota we all know today.

Most Lagos first-timers will make it through this road because most of the interstate buses drop off their passengers here.

3. Ojuelegba:

Ojuelegba is in the middle of the old Lagos Mainland Local Government. On one side of it is Surulere on the other is Yaba, the 2 major districts that make Lagos Mainland with close proximity to Western Avenue (now Funsho Williams Avenue) and Eko Bridge, Ojuelegba is ever-bubbling and busy.

Buses to most part of Lagos can be gotten from Ojuelegba due to its centrality.

4. Mile 2:

Mile 2 serves as the intersection of Lagos-Badagry and Apapa Oshodi Express way which are 2 major roads in Lagos.

Like Oshodi, it has Mile 2 Oke (Upper Mile 2) and Mile 2 Isale (Lower Mile 2). Mile 2 is essentially the bridge that vehicles coming from or heading to Apapa take to by-pass Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

You can get buses going to most parts of Lagos from Mile 2 and also many interstate buses heading to different parts of Lagos. Maza-Maza is the next bus stop after Mile 2 heading towards Festac. If you want to travel to Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana and beyond by road, you probably have to pass through Mile 2 just because there are many bus services to other West African countries at Maza-Maza and a few at Mile 2.

5. Obalande:

Obalende is strategically placed between Lagos Island and Ikoyi. Obalende means “The king chased me to this point” when literally translated to English from Yoruba.

Obalende is one of the major gateways into the Lagos Island.

Source: https://autojosh.com/most-popular-bus-stops-lagos/

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Imortal001: 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
Good to know!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by TourismMan(m): 7:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
So? I can even name 20 bus stops in my village.
Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by shilenji(m): 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2019
i cant find ... agege iyana ipaje

op you are mistaken

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Oblongata: 7:45pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mile 12, Ikorodu , iyana iworo

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Amuocha: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
The names are for headslammers grin

All rough stops and has produced so many graduates eg NURTW and MC Oluomo shocked

6 Likes

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Greenleaf247: 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
You try, I know Oshodi will make top 3 before I open the thread

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Elslim: 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
Next
Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by IjebuWarrior: 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
OP... these ain't bus stops but, places/regions within Lagos. cool

Anyways...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Teeboi56: 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
Alright

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Teewhy2: 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
No Palm grove, yaba , mushin, mile 12, agege .
You are on a long thing.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by momodub: 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
Ok nice one
Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by IjebuWarrior: 10:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
shilenji:
i cant find ...
agege
iyana ipaje

op you are mistaken

Those places are sub-Lagos joor! grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by YesNo(m): 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
ok. lets read
Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by SEONaijaExpert: 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
Was looking out for Berger...

I think you listed those ones with certain history attached.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Houseofglam7(f): 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
cool
Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Lorechino(m): 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
wish to visit Lag someday, maybe on my way to airport God I pray

3 Likes

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Ijaycool(f): 10:15pm On Mar 26, 2019
I don't live in Lagos, but I know say Cele is top 10

8 Likes

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by newproject(m): 10:15pm On Mar 26, 2019
I will change all this name when I become the Governor

Example

Ojuelegba = Wiskid

Obalande = Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by tstx(m): 10:15pm On Mar 26, 2019
Is this really necessary

do not think your business is doing well without a website.. you are losing out on potential clients searching the web.. Get a website today... See mY signature.. I build websites and I am based in Abuja .
Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by eghuan1(m): 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
This guy always posting bet9ja scams up and down, don't you have a job you do outside of scamming people? Must you scam?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Praisesongz: 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
Touts arenas
Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by AutoReportNG: 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
What happens to Oyingbo, Ajegunle, Iyana Ipaja, CMS, Idumota, amongst others

6 Likes

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by franzis(m): 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
iyana oworo
berger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by gaby(m): 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
7/8
Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by Flashh: 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
Where is Orile and Ikeja/Along, on your list?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by aku626(m): 10:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
How you missed Berger baffles me
Most people come into lagos via that route

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by nelronaldo(m): 10:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
E get where nor popular for Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos by ajalawole(m): 10:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
shilenji:
i cant find ... agege iyana ipaje

op you are mistaken
leave the op, iyana ippaja of all place

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Visa Free Countries / Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) / Dangote Truck And Bus Collide In Plateau, Many Dead (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.