Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Lagos Brt: Putting Trawler Before The Truckhead - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Lagos Brt: Putting Trawler Before The Truckhead (1135 Views)

I'm putting up my 16KVA, Generator For Sale / Relocating To Uk & Putting My Clean Full Option Registerd Babyboy Up 4 Sale 650k / Lagos Brt, Riddicle To The Masses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Brt: Putting Trawler Before The Truckhead by matsumoto(m): 4:57pm On Apr 27, 2007
well, i chose this subject cos in 21st century Nigeria, we don't do carts and horses, we do trailers, thanks to the "killed" rail service section of out transport industry. the BRT has come, stalled and gearing up for a comeback! anyone who drives down ikorodu road wouldn't but notice the death barriers that are being used to line the roads. The BRT scheme though laudable is yet another confirmation of the useless nature of our leaders. every one of them wants to immortalize themselves by force. for example, i really don't see any reason for the commissioning of the MMA2 in lagos by obasanjo when the so called airport wouldn't be ready for use in anutha 7-8 months.A road map should have been drawn up to diversify our overdependence on the roads by expanding and creating new alternative linkage routes, revamping the rail system not to service the whole Lagos state like the underground in London but to cater for specific realistically profitable routes and the development of waterways. after all these have been put in place, BRT should be able to achieve its objectives better than what we have now. , I'm waiting to see how the ikorodu road plan unfolds and earnestly waiting for the project to be dubbed IKORODU 2007 by the outgoing/incoming government, cos really they are the same ain't it?

(1) (Reply)

Mitsubishi Diamante: I Need Ur Inputs? / Pedestrian Safety Technology (Eye On Engineering) / Do You Need A Car? Give Me A Try

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.