Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts (24454 Views)

Shatta Bandle Climbs Table To Rock Lady (photos) / Davido Climbs From 37th Position To 28th On American Billboards Charts (photo) / Falz Caims To Be 28 On His PVC, Fans React (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by unclesuruoffi: 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2019
Davido has continued in his big break in the American market, as he climbed from No. 37 to No. 28 on the Billboard charts with his hit song 'Fall'. The Nigerian singer who was pictured earlier today working with Ludacris in the studio, had released the song in 2017 and it became an instant hit in Nigeria, other parts of Africa and in mainstream UK. He however couldn't get a break into the American market with it then.  The DMW Boss in his 'Ebro In The Morning' interview on Hot97, New York with Ebro Darden, said he gave up and returned to Africa before a sudden twist gave him a leap in the North American music market. 

The Nigerian singer is said to be this week's second Biggest Gainer On The @billboard Emerging Artist Charts.  According to Billboard, in the week ending March 30, 2016, 'Fall,' which has been on the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay Charts for six weeks fell from a peak position of number 17 to number 18. However Davido climbed from No. 37 to No. 28 on the American Billboard charts last week with the hit song. 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/27/davido-climbs-from-no-37-to-no-28-on-american-billboard-charts/

1 Like

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Tonmiwatimmy: 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2019
frog...

4 Likes

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Pekele007: 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2019
Tonmiwatimmy:
frog...
Oponu, he is better than anyone from your lineage. grin

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Thales01: 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2019
Congrats to him.
I think it is hightime we started giving songwriters the credits of which they are deserving.Davido did not pen this "fall"yet he only is basking in the glory of the song with the songwriter of the song relegated to the background.In foreign countries, A songwriter who pen a song for a singer to perform are given much credits as the singer.There is even a special award reserved only for songwriters in appreciation of their remarkable works in song writing.Ne-yo exemplifies my point.He penned "Let me love you" by Mario and he earned as much commendations as Mario who sang the song.
Ne-yo became famous for his song writing proficiency before he debutted his commercially successful first album.
In Nigeria here,the reverse is the case.An artiste who contribute little or nothing to the composition of a popular song will take all the credit while the songwriters will remain unrecognized.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Nbote(m): 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2019
Thales01:
Congrats to him.
I think it is hightime we started giving songwriters the credits of which they are deserving.Davido did not pen this "fall"yet he only is basking in the glory of the song with the songwriter of the song relegated to the background.In foreign countries, A songwriter who pen a song for a singer to perform are given much credits as the singer.There is even a special award reserved only for songwriters in appreciation of their remarkable works in song writing.Ne-yo exemplifies my point.He penned "Let me love you" by Mario and he earned as much commendations as Mario who sang the song.
Ne-yo became famous for his song writing proficiency before he debutted his commercially successful first album.
In Nigeria here,the reverse is the case.An artiste who contribute little or nothing to the composition of a popular song will take all the credit while the songwriters will remain unrecognized.

Wetin U dey talk sef... Wen a songwriter outrightly sells his songs and wateva rights he has to it wetin concern am with d song again? In d West dat U mentioned, songwriters are smart enough to retain some form of rights to their works.. Until songwriters here stop looking at immediate cash rewards den theirs is simply a case of eating a cake and wanting to have it

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by itspzpics(m): 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2019
Wow
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Thales01: 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2019
Nbote:

Wetin U dey talk sef... Wen a songwriter outrightly sells his songs and wateva rights he has to it wetin concern am with d song again? In d West dat U mentioned, songwriters are smart enough to retain some form of rights to their works.. Until songwriters here stop looking at immediate cash rewards den theirs is simply a case of eating a cake and wanting to have it
You have a very strong point you know.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by KingWarri: 6:07pm On Mar 27, 2019
Thales01:
Congrats to him.

do ur research well before you make ur writeup...

go YouTube make you watch the making of that song..... according to Kiddominat the producer, he say that song na studio freestyle....

7 Likes

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by tstx(m): 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
Davido to the world

>

do not think your business is doing well without a website.. you are losing out on potential clients searching the web.. Get a website today... See mY signature. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
CONGRATS OBO.

Higher and higher you go.

Keep balling....

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Truthbites: 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
The Dude De try
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by mrp0806: 6:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
Good one from my best humble star

2 Likes

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by MorataFC: 6:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
ghost3040:
Oga wetin u dey talk sef?? Go watch that PSG vs Man U. Match again, na there u go know say Rashford dey ball...How u go say make Man United sell am.. undecided undecided
grin grin grin grin LOL, Bros u missed road?
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by McClean573: 6:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hmm, davido has been getting a lot of international attention recently

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by sammirano: 6:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
Truthbites:
The Dude De try

He is not trying but just that it's his time. He is obviously everywhere.
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
A milestone
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 27, 2019
more wins O.B.O
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by MorataFC: 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
Thales01:
Congrats to him.
hmmmmm
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Hedonisst: 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
America sef. A world on its own.

It's only in America that a 'whole' Davido would be happy to be an 'Emerging' artiste.

3 Likes

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Gsteve01(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2019
Mtchewww

#RealEstate# #Building# #Land# #Comfort# #Health# #Wealth# #Cashready#
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by quincyshakur(m): 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
Damn! Baddest Himself dey pepper dem joor with ur frog voice cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Pple wey d claim say their voice na Angel own no fit break d record wey u dey break with ur frog voice.....30Billion Gang 4life smiley smiley smiley smiley

6 Likes

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by lenghtinny(m): 6:37pm On Mar 27, 2019
Someone will come and say that Nigerians love noise angry

House niggas everywhere

Thales01:
Congrats to him.

Do you know the genesis of the Fall song or you wrote the song

Fall was one of the products of the numerous studio sessions with Kiddominant. So who's the songwriter you are talking about?

This isn't Gobe or assurance angry

4 Likes

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by brain247(m): 6:37pm On Mar 27, 2019
you nko? PIG!
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by KingOvo(m): 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
Thales01:
Congrats to him.

Before I proceed, I would like to introduce to the term "ghostwriter"
A ghostwriter is hired to write literary or journalistic works, speeches, or other texts that are officially credited to another person as the author.
From the foregoing I think what happens in the Nigerian music scene is not totally the fault of the artistes but these so called writers themselves.
They're the one not requesting for credits on songs, they prefer instead to be in the background making money on the low rather than announcing themselves to the world. And no, I do not believe these artistes are using them, I mean, they get paid. I sincerely believe that if you believe so much in your craft, you will ask for credit, the money aside. There are people that get credit, for instance Selebobo is known to be a great song writer and people acknowledge his craft on their tracks, it's all about how well you can package yourself and the value you place on your work.
Worthy of note too is the fact that not every great songwriter will make a good artiste, being a singer is a different form of art than writing.
And please forget the West, dem self dey use ghostwriters.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by ghost3040: 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
MorataFC:
hmmmmm
Oga wetin u dey talk sef?? Go watch that PSG vs Man U. Match again, na there u go know say Rashford dey ball...How u go say make Man United sell am.. undecided undecided
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:39pm On Mar 27, 2019
Wow! That's big
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Uyi168: 6:40pm On Mar 27, 2019
Pekele007:

Oponu, he is better than anyone from your lineage. grin
Mumu talk..
Re: Davido Climbs From No. 37 To No. 28 On American Billboard Charts by Chipink(f): 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2019
Wack artist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 67 Million Youths Initiative Is Free Of Government Influence - Banky W / Comedian Ellen Baby Writes About Her Obession With Nigerians / Muyiwa Ademola Injured In Car Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.