Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Equitable Distribution Of Power-why An Igbo Person Must Be Next Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Equitable Distribution Of Power-why An Igbo Person Must Be Next Senate President (425 Views)

Terrible Abuse Of Power: Why Mynd44 Should Be Sacked By Seun / Buhari To Decide Next Senate President For Us - Omo-agege / Oshiomohole Anoints Akume, Next Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Equitable Distribution Of Power-why An Igbo Person Must Be Next Senate President by torphix: 8:17pm On Mar 27, 2019
Unfortunately, Nigerian leaders are recalcitrant people. They do not learn from history even if it is shouting on top of its voice and perpetually repeating itself. Good students of political history who have been following the cyclical events in Nigeria will agree with me that, inequitable distribution of power has partly contributed to the agitation for secession in the country.

Despite the fact that the Igbo are a major ethnic group in Nigeria, they have never produced a president or head of state since the civil war ended. The highest offices they have occupied in postbellum Nigeria are the office of the vice president (1979-1983) and the office of the senate president (1999-2007).

Source: https://qwenu.com/2019/03/27/opinion-the-equitable-distribution-of-power-why-an-igbo-person-must-be-the-next-senate-president/
Re: Equitable Distribution Of Power-why An Igbo Person Must Be Next Senate President by kayfra: 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
Democracy is a popularity contest. Igbos aren't that popular and they backed the wrong horse.

Now, have them go bark at PDP for relevance or restart iPob agitations.

2 Likes

Re: Equitable Distribution Of Power-why An Igbo Person Must Be Next Senate President by oyin44: 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2019
Wetin l read? Equitable Distribution of power..you must be a joker.Nonsense
Re: Equitable Distribution Of Power-why An Igbo Person Must Be Next Senate President by rafindo(m): 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
I really don't understand all this self centered agitation. How does all this position affect the common man who are from those area.I remembered when I applied to study at unizik some years ago hoping has an indigene I will be admitted behold they brought their local government politicising into it and I lost out.I did apply to uniben and I got admitted .almost 2 years after graduation my rule books have changed about good governance and position. We are clamouring for position for certain individual as if all other parts of Nigeria are not entitled to such.it only a clown that thinks Nigeria is made of only three ethnic groups.schooling in pH opened my eye to the suffering of the ogonis,degema,okirika and the Kalaharis.Every Nigerian deserves good governance.democracy means if you lose out you strategies.all this clamour is for a few clique.
Re: Equitable Distribution Of Power-why An Igbo Person Must Be Next Senate President by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2019
If PDP had won the Presidential election, Igbo would have been Vice President and at least Deputy Senate President or Deputy Speaker with them taking many "juicy" positions. They would have clinched ministerial appointments, ambassadorial appointments and what have you but at the end of the day, the most important thing is these appointments translating to real development in their region.

Obasanjo was President for 8 years,yet, Lagos Ibadan expressway was in a terrible state of disrepair. Railways linking SW states wasnt on the agenda or priority list. No real impact on the SW people despite having their son as President. Jonathan was President for 6 years, yet the road to his village in otuoke was tarred by Buhari, a Northerner.

I have long vanished the politics of region from my blood because from experience, it didn't help and has nowhere helped in any way. Bukola Saraki was SP for 4 years,senator for donkey years, I can authoritatively tell you that Kwarans did not benefit from him. Even the abandoned Geri-Alimi underpass has become a conduit to syphone money as I speak despite billions spent on that road. Igbos deserved to be President actually but nobody will hand over that to you on a platter of gold.

Igbos had a shot at Senate Presidentship had they just supported one of their own, Akpabio to clinch that senatorial seat for APC. Ohanaeze ain't smart enough to have a backup plan in case Atiku lost election. SE are known to voting PDP and putting all their eggs in one basket. Showing contempt and hatred to APC, Buhari, Tinubu instead of closing ranks with these people and supporting them. SEsterners vituperations, vile, cursive and abusive hateful words against other region on social media and their continued clamouring for Biafra never helped their situation. People are also so blind to realise that clamouring for positions for your region only benefits a few people because they will park bus in Abuja and will only come home after 4 years for a re-election. Those who had fought, screamed, shouted, protested for an all-inclusive government will be abandoned after getting to Abuja. They are the fools.

May be SE will be prepared in 2023 by making plans on how to present formidable and acceptable candidates within the ranks of APC and PDP so as to be strategically positioned to take top government positions if either wins. Unfortunately, it seems Igbos won't learn because they don't seem to be making any serious moves within the political circles for 2023 presidency. Ohanaeze will use them and their general hatred for parties to chop money again, Leadership of MEND and other Niger Delta touts cash out as well, their senators and house of representatives and even Governors will cash out as well. These Governors will do nothing for 4 years, pushing the blame on Buhari as usual while chopping all their monthly allocation and will still get re elected under PDP again and again until SEsterners get sense.

1 Like

Re: Equitable Distribution Of Power-why An Igbo Person Must Be Next Senate President by Generalnomercy: 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
kayfra:
Democracy is a popularity contest. Igbos aren't that popular and they backed the wrong horse.

Now have them go bark at PDP for relevance or restart iPob agitations.

You are sick and needs to see a doctor fast...

too much weed destroy common sense
Re: Equitable Distribution Of Power-why An Igbo Person Must Be Next Senate President by Generalnomercy: 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2019
oyin44:
Wetin l read? Equitable Distribution of power..you must be a joker.Nonsense

So this your sickness have started again?
Re: Equitable Distribution Of Power-why An Igbo Person Must Be Next Senate President by oyin44: 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2019
Generalnomercy:

So this your sickness have started again?
you and your whole family

1 Like

Re: Equitable Distribution Of Power-why An Igbo Person Must Be Next Senate President by kayfra: 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
Generalnomercy:

You are sick and needs to see a doctor fast...

too much weed destroy common sense

Your written English is terrible.

(1) (Reply)

PICTURE NEWS: Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, Presenting An Award / Breaking: INEC Declares Wike Winner In Rivers / Edo PDP Accuses APC Assembly-elect Of Certificate Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.