Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? (1555 Views)

Man Cries Out For Help After Losing N400k Belonging To His Mother On Sportybet / 1v1.lol Unblocked WTF [66] Fullscreen – Play Game For Free / Lagging Fixed: Play Any Game Without Stopping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by LucemFerre: 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2019
So, when I lose especially to a silly mistake I shout at myself, slap myself, insult myself for being too greedy, stupid or careless... Bottom line, when I lose I am not happy and I express myself by shouting in skill-based games though games like BR that are sometimes luck and sometimes skill, I just blame my luck. I've lose count of how many controllers I've smashed

So, I'm tired of reading about how people will say when they lose they just laugh and move on to the next. Like, I got trophies, ego and some other sh!t to protect or build up I'm gonna shout of course.
So they make me feel like I ain't a good sport cry
I'm just passionate at my sh!t.

So, is there anyone here who keep losing and laughing it away? Let me know if I need to see a shrink.

Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 29, 2019
No it's not especially when playing EA games ...
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by LucemFerre: 8:11am On Mar 29, 2019
Lmfao... They really hurt you, didn't they
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2019
Fck FIFA

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by hakinze00(m): 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2019
It is impossible not to get mad because some games are just crazy except maybe for casual gamers who doesn't mind winning or losing... But someone like me I try look for a soft spot to throw my controller at so I won't start regretting it after my madness as die down.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by LucemFerre: 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
hakinze00:
It is impossible not to get mad because some games are just crazy except maybe for casual gamers who doesn't mind winning or losing... But someone like me I try look for a soft spot to throw my controller at so I won't start regretting it after my madness as die down.

Lol... I wish I'd have the composure and patience to look for a soft spot before I lose it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2019
LucemFerre:
So, when I lose especially to a silly mistake I shout at myself, slap myself, insult myself for being too greedy, stupid or careless... Bottom line, when I lose I am not happy and I express myself by shouting in skill-based games though games like BR that are sometimes luck and sometimes skill, I just blame my luck. I've lose count of how many controllers I've smashed

So, I'm tired of reading about how people will say when they lose they just laugh and move on to the next. Like, I got trophies, ego and some other sh!t to protect or build up I'm gonna shout of course.
So they make me feel like I ain't a good sport cry
I'm just passionate at my sh!t.

So, is there anyone here who keep losing and laughing it away? Let me know if I need to see a shrink.
Lol I dont because I played megaman on nes, and boy the difficulty level those days esp Earth worm Jim, or Hitman 1 no save game, mostly I usually see it as a challenge and because I know the game has to run on mechanics, algorithm and pattern so I see it as an opportunity to understand the game.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by LucemFerre: 7:36pm On Mar 30, 2019
pcguru1:

Lol I dont because I played megaman on nes, and boy the difficulty level those days esp Earth worm Jim, or Hitman 1 no save game, mostly I usually see it as a challenge and because I know the game has to run on mechanics, algorithm and pattern so I see it as an opportunity to understand the game.

Haha... IKR... Hitman was a serious pain in the ass. People were calling me those days for walkthroughs. Dem no know say na partly luck I take pass am.
Ikr... Like difficult games give me rush. I ain't got nothing against people who play on low difficulty but, kai! I'd rather quit than reduce the difficulty. Then complain all the way through grin
Welcome to my pathetic life cheesy
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2019
LucemFerre:

Haha... IKR... Hitman was a serious pain in the ass. People were calling me those days for walkthroughs. Dem no know say na partly luck I take pass am.
Ikr... Like difficult games give me rush. I ain't got nothing against people who play on low difficulty but, kai! I'd rather quit than reduce the difficulty. Then complain all the way through grin
Welcome to my pathetic life cheesy

I will try my luck and buy Blood bourne or Sekiro and see if it is really ahrd
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by LucemFerre: 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2019
pcguru1:

I will try my luck and buy Blood bourne or Sekiro and see if it is really ahrd

Lol... Someone adviced me to stay away from Sekiro with my game anger management issues grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by hakinze00(m): 1:26am On Mar 31, 2019
Lol. when I know the high cost of controllers these days a little bit of composure they come by force, it was during the days of ps2, Sega and family con I could afford destroying pads... I will strongly advise u stay away from games developed by FromSoftware because their games needs a patience of someone who wan boil water with candle

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by chubbyman(m): 6:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
hakinze00:
I feel you bro,lost 2pads this way on FIFA 18 and I regretted it cause it cost me an arm and a leg to replace those controllers, these days I just yell at the TV mostly anyway,lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by shogsman(m): 12:22am On Apr 02, 2019
hakinze00:

I'm a gamer and I don't get mad when I lose,might just feel a little bit bad,so it's not impossible like you think,games are meant to test skills and strength of character.
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by shogsman(m): 12:24am On Apr 02, 2019
No disrespect meant,but I find it puerile that y'all throw away controllers just because you lost a game.plus op from your choice of words I think your emotions are heightened that's why you get frustrated easily.
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by hakinze00(m): 4:17am On Apr 02, 2019
shogsman:

I'm a gamer and I don't get mad when I lose,might just feel a little bit bad,so it's not impossible like you think,games are meant to test skills and strength of character.
well as I said it is impossible for a typical gamer not to get mad but it now depends on one's character or ego if u take the violent reaction road or just a subtle reaction, but if u are telling me u don't make any kind of reaction then that doesn't sound right to me especially when u have been playing a game for hours and after losing they make u start the level all over again so u mean u will just laugh it off and continue?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by LucemFerre: 8:44am On Apr 02, 2019
shogsman:
No disrespect meant,but I find it puerile that y'all throw away controllers just because you lost a game.plus op from your choice of words I think your emotions are heightened that's why you get frustrated easily.

Not just controllers, I break mouse cheesy FYI. Too bad my keyboard na all those ones wey my father leave for me since 1998. Can't fit break.

I just checked. Puerile means childish (one would think you would just say that grin)

Anyways... I'm not a casual gamer, really. I'm hard as rock. And I've done research and found out most serious gamers do thesame. They just don't express it like I do. Some say they bite pillow, some say they scream, some say they keep a dummy controller to throw away, some pile it up inside etc. So, maybe most gamers are childish (shrugs). If passion is synonymous to childish then, I am officially declaring myself a child cheesy
And I only hope I grow up to be like you someday. To lose and burst into genuine laughter cheesy
E go hard to attain that kind maturity sha... cheesy to gather loots for 20 minutes building the perfect combo in BR and then one second I stand still and a sniper ends my race... Come laugh clap for am lol... E go haarrrrrrd die, but we shall see cheesy
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by Ayomideen(m): 11:14am On Apr 02, 2019
Lol I mostly just growl and use curse words( like F**K!!!) While looking like the ferocious version of lord kratos
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by LucemFerre: 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2019
Ayomideen:
Lol I mostly just growl and use curse words( like F**K!!!) While looking like the ferocious version of lord kratos

Lol... That one dey cheesy
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by Ayomideen(m): 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
LucemFerre:

Lol... That one dey cheesy

Buh dat one wey u dey throway controller omo I no fit try am ooo
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by LucemFerre: 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
Ayomideen:

Buh dat one wey u dey throway controller omo I no fit try am ooo

Story of my life.
My brother used to hide his controller from me
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by Ayomideen(m): 8:11am On Apr 05, 2019
LucemFerre:

Story of my life.
My brother used to hide his controller from me
Lol I'd do the same if I were your brother
Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by Ochoochogift(m): 11:16am On Apr 05, 2019

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Play Game Without Getting Mad At Losing? by coldnigger(m): 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
No for PES sha, especially when someone dey beat u 4-0. you gats vex

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive / I Want To Set Up A Video Game Lounge. Please Advice Me / Playing Division 2? Join The Clan "Naija Reloaded"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.