Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola (573 Views)

IKEDC Unveils Lagos Areas Getting 20-24 Hours Power Supply / 16 States Now Pay Minimum Wage – NLC / Borno Safer Than Abuja, Sokoto ,Kaduna and Other States Now...... Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by LORDofODDS(m): 10:45pm On Mar 27, 2019
Nigeria’s Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, says some cities in Nigeria can now boast of constant power supply.
He said this on the Sunrise Daily programme of Channels Television on Wednesday.
“Sitting down here I can tell you some states that have almost 24 hours – Kebbi, Yobe. Some have five, some have 10 and there are still outages,” he said.
He said the constant power supply in some states is due to the increase in the transmission capacity.
The transmission capacity has grown, he said, adding that the figure was about 8,100 watts as at December 2018.
“The generation capacity is also increasing,” he said.
“It is a value chain where the distribution is not matching up the available power and from time to time, there are slacks,” Mr Fashola said.
He said the Ministry of Power has moved forward but needs to implement the short term goals it set.
“The short term goals are incremental power and stable supply in some places,” he said.
“The government has decided that as 40 per cent holder of everything in the distribution of power, we have our programme to invest N72 billion which will involve installing transformers and all of that,” he said.
“We created a metre access provider regulation. What it does is to create a new plan of investment programme. We manufacture, produce, supply and install metres and fill the gap the distribution companies cannot raise capital to fill. They cannot do so alone, they must do so under a procurement policy with the distribution company,” he said.
The minister said the federal government will solve the problems of poor power supply in the country and will also keep informing citizens on the watts being consumed in the country.
“We are applying many solutions at the same time. So when we were talking about how much megawatts is being used, we have created a new page which will bring solution,” he said.
Mr Fashola recently sparked outrage by saying the federal government should not be blamed for poor electricity supply across the country.
The minister said business people operating in the sector should be blamed for the poor state of electricity supply to Nigerians.
He argued that since the sector has been privatised, it was not the Nigerian government’s fault if citizens fail to enjoy stable electricity supply
The minister also denied that he once said a serious government would fix power sector challenges within six months. He challenged anyone to produce any video where he made such a comment.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/322657-some-nigerian-states-now-enjoy-almost-24-hours-power-supply-fashola.html

Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by kajoula(m): 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2019
lie, from the pit of hell

PHCN is fast becoming the biggest criminals of all time,
raping Nigerians with Crazy bills and unreasonable demand of contribution money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by Shelloween(m): 10:49pm On Mar 27, 2019
Look at him. He looks like a man surprised by his own lies.
Fashola is the real agent of darkness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by LORDofODDS(m): 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2019
This people are always talking trash angry angry
Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by LORDofODDS(m): 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2019
Big lie angry angry
Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by Neimar: 11:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
as I dy like this so
today na only 1hr I don see light o grin
Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by Mightymanna(m): 11:41pm On Mar 27, 2019
yes I can attest to that almost 20 hours daily here in Jigawa since last week

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by hargbolahan01: 1:20am On Mar 28, 2019
our electricity is really good where I live in Ibadan but not up 24 hrs of electricity daily...stop the lie sir

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by galadima77(m): 2:39am On Mar 28, 2019
I represent the power state with 4 hydro electric dams. As I type this, na darkness galore in minna
Fashola and my Governor God is watching both of you!
Continue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by Modarun(m): 2:45am On Mar 28, 2019
This one have not learnt anything from the past 4years of lies. Oga Fashola, Propagabda and lies can never become thruth. Stop lying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by agbangam: 2:50am On Mar 28, 2019
Which kin Lie be dis one for fvck sake
Down here in Satellite Town Lagos, power supply is horrible in fact no light since on Monday.
Lie Mohammed has finally bitten BRF undecided
Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by Jokerman(m): 2:52am On Mar 28, 2019
Yes, I, Modath and adewunmiopeyemi can attest to it in Lagos, in Niger and in Borno... 26hrs light
Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by jumobi1(m): 3:01am On Mar 28, 2019
I’m sorry my people. E go better. It’s sad to read people content with less than 24 hours electricity. I can’t even imagine tolerating less than 24 hours electricity every day. Looks like we are making progress though. One day Nigeria will be great.
Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by Omudia11: 3:12am On Mar 28, 2019
100% true.

Precisely Woji, PH. There is 24/7 electricity.
Re: Some Nigerian States Now Enjoy ‘almost 24 Hours’ Power Supply – Fashola by Omudia11: 3:18am On Mar 28, 2019
It is not a lie. Just ask anyone you know if they know anyone living in woji, Port Harcourt. Electricity is 24/7. When I mean 24/7 I mean 24 hours in a day. The least we get is 23 hours.

hargbolahan01:
our electricity is really good where I live in Ibadan but not up 24 hrs of electricity daily...stop the lie sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Gov-Elect, Dapo Abiodun Announces Economic Transition Committee / 800 Firms Closed Shop In 2 Years – Chamber Of Commerce / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.