Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,652 members, 7,840,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Femi Kuti Explains Why He Lost His First Grammy Nomination - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Femi Kuti Explains Why He Lost His First Grammy Nomination (266 Views)

Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award / Aka Congratulates Burna Boy For Grammy Nomination!!! / Wizkid And Simi Congratulate Burna Boy For Grammy Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Femi Kuti Explains Why He Lost His First Grammy Nomination by Zicomanie(m): 12:20am On Mar 28, 2019
Source: https://omonaijanews..com/2019/03/femi-kuti-explains-why-he-lost-his.html
Femi Kuti’s album ‘Fight To Win,’ got him his first Grammy nomination in 2003 under the ‘Best Ethnic or Traditional Folk Recording’, and according to him, he lost out on the award due to the politics his former record company played with it.

During a recent interview with PulseTV, the singer said he was facing a crisis in his career with the record company he was signed on in France, MCA, when he got his first Grammy nomination. He said;

‘When I was nominated for the Grammy the first time, I was basically going to win, it was a super album’

He said after he sacked his manager and also quit the record company, he got blacklisted which earned him his loss.

Re: Femi Kuti Explains Why He Lost His First Grammy Nomination by Ayobami1738: 12:21am On Mar 28, 2019
Sorry
sir,after how many years

FTC

(1) (Reply)

Video: Actress Oge Okoye Visits Church For Deliverance / Deitrick Haddon Released A New Song Titled "He Carried The Cross For Me" / Twitter User Shares A 4 Years Throwback With Amazing Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.