Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Things To Look For While Buying A Laptop As A New Buyer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Things To Look For While Buying A Laptop As A New Buyer (821 Views)

Need To Sell This Laptop As Scrap Asap! / Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things To Look For While Buying A Laptop As A New Buyer by Birdyclear: 5:44am On Mar 28, 2019
Please i want to get a new laptop, what are the basic things do i need to look for in a laptop
Re: Things To Look For While Buying A Laptop As A New Buyer by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 6:10am On Mar 28, 2019
Birdyclear:
Please i want to get a new laptop, what are the basic things do i need to look for in a laptop
First the processor..
Go for either the high end Intel pentium or core i3, get core i5 or i7 if you can afford it..
Next is Ram and storage... 6GB ram and 256GB storage and is okay...
Next is graphics card... If you want do a lot more of heavy games or video editing get a system with Nividia Graphics card, avoid Intel UHD...
Make sure the screen brightness is up to at least 700 nits..
I usually love laptops with high screen to body ratio, meaning slimmer edges...
Anyways everything depends on your budget...
So what's your budget
Re: Things To Look For While Buying A Laptop As A New Buyer by Skyfornia(m): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

First the processor..
Go for either the high end Intel pentium or core i3, get core i5 or i7 if you can afford it..
Next is Ram and storage... 6GB ram and 256GB storage and is okay...
Next is graphics card... If you want do a lot more of heavy games or video editing get a system with Nividia Graphics card, avoid Intel UHD...
Make sure the screen brightness is up to at least 700 nits..
I usually love laptops with high screen to body ratio, meaning slimmer edges...
Anyways everything depends on your budget...
So what's your budget

Keyword: Depends on your budget.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Good Dell Laptop. @80-100k / HP Probook And Elitebook Laptop: Core I7 & I5 / I Want To Swap My Laptop In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.