Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

President Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Peter Obi (706 Views)

2027: I’m Not Desperate To Be President — Peter Obi / President Peter Obi Visits Authur Eze / Flashback: Nigeria Does Not Need 72-Yr-Old Grandfather As President – Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 28, 2019
I have searched through the country and found men who have what it takes to lead this great nation in 2023..Is it early to talk about 2023? Yea but what is there to talk about the 2nd term of President Buhari, for me its just another 4 years of all talking, less action, more blaming , continuous degradation and eroding of our democratic governance..

I believe we have not seen a motivating and charismatic leader from the North since Tafawa Belewa, the North has not offered their best, will write about that someday..

So the focus is the best South will offer in 2023, from every indication, these names are the best

1. Donald Duke
2. Fashola
3. Peter Obi
4. Okonjo iweala
5. Adesina Akinwumi

Men like Udom, Okowa , Osinbanjo and Godwin obaseki are all trying but when compared to certain advantages they have, can't be compared with those up there..

Now, apart from Okonjo Iweala and Adesina Akinwumi, the rest are dogged politicians who completed a 2 year tenure with great achievements, this gives them a great advantage especially driving through the murky waters of Nigerian politics....
From the remaining 3, Peter Obi is without sense of bias and all things been equal is the best chance of the south to rekindle the flames of passion for fatherland..

1. The nation saw a rare man with alot of wisdom during his campaign as vice president... Even the ruling party saw something different, a man who has uncommon passion for the country..

2. Whether you're a political fanatic or not, PDP or APC, Christian or Moslem, you will agree that a united Nigeria is only what will move our nation forward.. Don't be blind with our Elites playing games with the lives of millions in this nation, its only for their personal gain. A strongly binded nation is a recipe for greatness, this is a clear fact so the SE must be allowed to lead this nation , whether they are Ipob or not, so long they are part of this nation , this must happen otherwise the south should beware of a strange plot by some Northern elite to keep power in 2023 which will create further a divided nation..

3.. Peter obi had a excellent record in his time in office, hate him but don't dispute the fact that he asked a question to Kadaria during the presidential campaign interview and listed what he saved and invested for his state cutting wasteful resources across board , humbling himself even as a governor and yet transforming both the political and socioeconomic status of his state, he asked who has ever done such in the country, to be honest No governor...

Nigeria as a nation needs genuine leaders, forget about the try and error leaders we have seen all through these years, they are simply there for personal gains, money, power, more money and then more power.. Its time for all of us to join hands together against our elites who plays the game of division on us but unitied among themselves in corruption.. These men have no conscience and will never have pity until the people rise and show their strength..

To all who know this truth, continue to persevere and to all who choose the lies, think again cause there is no escape for evils happenings in fatherland.. Nigeria must be great again..

1 Like

Re: President Peter Obi by Preshy561(f): 10:34am On Mar 28, 2019
So long you are still in this country, almajiri will always dictate who governs you.
Take it to the bank.

1 Like

Re: President Peter Obi by izombie(m): 10:36am On Mar 28, 2019
The north will continue to rule us till infinity.

1 Like

Re: President Peter Obi by Afamed: 10:54am On Mar 28, 2019
Have you suddenly abandoned your Atikulated crew at the election tribunal?

2 Likes

Re: President Peter Obi by festacman(m): 10:54am On Mar 28, 2019
If Peter Obi is to have the slimmest of chance, he needs to learn how to build bridges, how to work with others through consultations and consensus and how to share stage. At the moment, his influence is restricted to Anambra State and at best revolves around his Agulu hometown.

A Peter Obi who does not have a appreciable level of acceptability among the political elites and influencers in Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo and Abia States is already a disadvantaged candidate in reaching out to the other geopolitical zones.

2 Likes

Re: President Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 28, 2019
Preshy561:
So long you are still in this country, almajiri will always dictate who governs you.
Take it to the bank.

Almajiri are human beings , all they need is the right education.. Many in China were like that, if they can change, Almajiri will change.. Hate even using this name for them..

2 Likes

Re: President Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 28, 2019
Afamed:
Have you suddenly abandoned your Atikulated crew at the election tribunal?

I supported NE for presidency cause i believe Atiku was the best shot they have against Buhari.. Its done and dusted , Buhari is the president, we must look forward to a better future for Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: President Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 28, 2019
festacman:
If Peter Obi is to have the slimmest of chance, he needs to learn how to build bridges, how to work with others through consultations and consensus and how to share stage. At the moment, his influence is restricted to Anambra State and at best revolves around his Agulu hometown.

A Peter Obi who does not have a appreciable level of acceptability among the political elites and influencers in Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo and Abia States is already a disadvantaged candidate in reaching out to the other geopolitical zones.

Don't understand what you mean by learning how to build bridges, Peter Obi united the people of Anambra during his tenure and faced the corrupt elites in Anambra politics and won.. He was even made the chairman of SE governors despite he was from a minority party..

My dear, the elites of SE hate Peter Obi so much not for anything but just cause he believe in governance so no freebies or favours from them..He answers to no one and thats why he made huge impact..
Re: President Peter Obi by Afamed: 11:22am On Mar 28, 2019
Nels55:

I supported NE for presidency cause i believe Atiku was the best shot they have against Buhari.. Its done and dusted , Buhari is the president, we must look forward to a better future for Nigeria..
You said it all. We must look forward to a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: President Peter Obi by festacman(m): 12:08pm On Mar 28, 2019
Nels55:

Don't understand what you mean by learning how to build bridges, Peter Obi united the people of Anambra during his tenure and faced the corrupt elites in Anambra politics and won.. He was even made the chairman of SE governors despite he was from a minority party..

My dear, the elites of SE hate Peter Obi so much not for anything but just cause he believe in governance so no freebies or favours from them..He answers to no one and thats why he made huge impact..
Point of correction: The liberation of Anambra State from corrupt godfathers and laying of foundation for real governance during the tenure of Ex-Governor Chris Ngige. It was Ngige who proved to us that governance is possible in Anambra State. Before then, the usual narratives are that our statutory allocations and IGR were only able to cover salaries with little or nothing left for infrastructure. Peter Obi built on foundation laid by Chris Ngige.

1 Like

Re: President Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
festacman:

Point of correction: The liberation of Anambra State from corrupt godfathers and laying of foundation for real governance during the tenure of Ex-Governor Chris Ngige. It was Ngige who proved to us that governance is possible in Anambra State. Before then, the usual narratives are that our statutory allocations and IGR were only able to cover salaries with little or nothing left for infrastructure. Peter Obi built on foundation laid by Chris Ngige.

Festacman, you and i know that Chris Ngige had dinner with the devil and when the devil started chasing him, he then decided to do good just to buy the support of the people..He already knew Chris Uba was going to expose their collective rigging of the election that year that was why he tried to do all to remain in power.. He is an example of Ganduje who knew he has done wrong started to do good to win supplementary election.. I don't buy those kind of morals, Anambra people has only Peter Obi as their hero of modern political leadership..

At the end, this is not about the past, its about the future ..

1 Like

Re: President Peter Obi by ba7man(m): 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
Abeg, Peter Obi should go and contest for Presidency in China.

Nobody has ever won an election by talking about China and nothing of his own personal achievements.

1 Like

Re: President Peter Obi by chigo4u: 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2019
Rank your website in 1 month
Re: President Peter Obi by festacman(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2019
Nels55:

Festacman, you and i know that Chris Ngige had dinner with the devil and when the devil started chasing him, he then decided to do good just to buy the support of the people..He already knew Chris Uba was going to expose their collective rigging of the election that year that was why he tried to do all to remain in power.. He is an example of Ganduje who knew he has done wrong started to do good to win supplementary election.. I don't buy those kind of morals, Anambra people has only Peter Obi as their hero of modern political leadership..

At the end, this is not about the past, its about the future ..
I agree with you that Chris Ngige needed to do good to survive Chris Uba/Obasanjo's shenanigans. But as a student of history and believer in divine intervention in the affairs of men, I know that certain events though twisted at some points leads to long-sought breakthrough at the end of the day.

I won't begrudge you for choosing Peter Obi as your hero. It is your choice. However, to me Chris Ngige remains the hero that made governance possible in Anambra State.

I agree that future is important but understanding the past in the present will help us realize our desired tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Asset Declaration Charges Against Me ‘invalid, Useless’ — Onnoghen / See Result Of Opinion Poll On Who Is The Worst FCT Minister / Oil Exploration Continues After 10,000 Feet Deep Operation In North — NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.