Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

No Excuse - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / No Excuse (231 Views)

Covid 19 Is Not An Excuse... / Don't Give Excuse For Your Failures... Make Progress, Grab This Opportunity Beco / You Have No Excuse To Still Be Unemployed After Watching This Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Excuse by Zaramgroups(f): 3:27pm On Mar 28, 2019
NO EXCUSE

I was talking with one of my students yesterday in our business building session.

She's a fashion designer and wanted to know ways she could expand her business and make more money.

The truth of the matter is that she just finished learning the craft and had just bought her sewing machine, no shop and no money to rent any at the moment.

These were the few things I told her

I told her that she doesn't necessarily need to have a shop before she can earn from her skills.

1. She should first of all have a niche, she could decide to focus on Ankara Tops, Jumpsuit, gown, children wear, Mother and child design. etc.

She shouldn't be a jack of all design

Having a niche will establish her as an authority in that niche and when people think of having such designs, she will be the first on their thoughts.

2. She should make some stunning designs for marketing and visit offices or places where her target audience are to showcase her work.

She should let them know that she can either buy and make for them or they bring material for her to sew for them. (1st way to earn)

3. Register on Jumia/Konga to sell her already made wears. (2nd way to earn)

3. She should open a youtube channel where she would be sharing her works from start to finish. (3rd way to earn)

4. Visit youtube to learn latest designs especially those worn by celebrities

5. Share her works and some tips on social media to build more influence

6. Create a page to promote her already made designs. (4th way to earn)

7. When she gets an offer, she would request that they send her their measurement, sew and then get one of the courier companies to handle the delivery etc.

I'm glad she didn't only learn but she's very eager to take action immediately.

Having a skill and remaining broke is an error.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job For A Governance Consultant At Stanbic IBTC Bank 2019 | Check Details Here / How To Grow Your Instagram Followers Over 100 Or More Daily / Sales And Marketing Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.