Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless (57258 Views)

Images From Kaduna Lockdown. Share Pictures From Your State. / True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State / Is Buhari Dead?? See Questions That Would Leave You To Wonder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by DabuIIIT: 10:43am On Mar 29, 2019
It was a COUNTRY then buh now,with coneheads and their retrogressive masters everywhere,it's now a KWANTIRI
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by durmapuzo(m): 10:44am On Mar 29, 2019
OneCorner:
Igbos have been using Rolls Royce since 1962 and some stinking afonjaz are here talking shiiit
I wonder when sense will fall on you.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by BabaO2: 10:44am On Mar 29, 2019
N17,340 LAGOS -NEW YORK -LAGOS was too expensive. Naira used to be more valuable than dollar then. it is as if we are saying about $18,000

1 Like

Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by Hotzone(m): 10:45am On Mar 29, 2019
Koolking:
That vintage picture of Ikorodu Road Lagos looks too sophisticated to be true.

N17,430 Lagos to New York was incredibly expensive when civil servants earned far less
Even though Buhari drop am to 200k presently, ur type go want am free......
Or Dey say na free, u go swear sey na ogwuego
Poverty really gatchuu
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by DabuIIIT: 10:46am On Mar 29, 2019
WIZDOM081:
Imagine if Nigeria is devided already

I can't imagine how Igbo and Hausa will be dragging to get Visa to enter Lagos
You are talking about"No man's land buh
What about the model cities of OSHOGBO, OGBOMOSHO?
grin
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 29, 2019
The op is so tribalistic. So, because the man name is harcourt, that concluded that portharcourt was name after him. God will purnish all those trying to promote their tribe by rubbishing other tribe. I no nairaland is own by seun and an fulani man took a yoruba man as is deputy, hence the vail.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by Angrymode: 10:46am On Mar 29, 2019
This pic is the one that touched me the most especially when I think of today's slaying dress codes lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by GavelSlam: 10:51am On Mar 29, 2019
WIZDOM081:
Imagine if Nigeria is devided already

I can't imagine how Igbo and Hausa will be dragging to get Visa to enter Lagos

Kano in 1970 was just as good.

1 Like

Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by Hotzone(m): 10:52am On Mar 29, 2019
durmapuzo:
I wonder when sense will fall on you.
This one na Anambra boy on low key not obo from osun....yambogini ngiringi

Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by moorevic(m): 10:53am On Mar 29, 2019
A pedophile and a Rapist no wonder
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by Omeizadean(m): 10:54am On Mar 29, 2019
Orpe7:

My teachers werd ghanians back then in Primary school
Mehn their diction was top notch
Ode ni e! Whats topnotch about Ghanaian diction? With their phoney pronunciation as if hot yam dey burn their mouth. Did Uk ever pronounced 'her, doctor, work etc the way ghanaians do? Oloshi.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 29, 2019
let's not also forget the first Indigenous African car.
It also came with a locally made engine, probably the first locally made car engine in Africa.

1 Like

Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by RichBoy247: 11:02am On Mar 29, 2019
Lordave:
God punish that colonial minister!

It shall never be well with England

Apart from hatred and bitterness, what else do you have in your head and mind?
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by jrusky(m): 11:03am On Mar 29, 2019
NNAMDIII:
Africans don really suffer, just look at how those colonial masters dey whine them my great grand fathers...... Thank God we gained independence, though I'm nor enjoying democracy because of this stupid APC people

Apc and the useless colonial master sorry bastards are the same.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by GoldHorse(m): 11:11am On Mar 29, 2019
In better climes Port Harcourt would have been renamed.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 11:13am On Mar 29, 2019
anonymuz:
I never see ojukwu as a coward, the cowards in Nigeria knows themselves. They are from all tribes. The killed the nation because of their selfish interest.

Ojukwu was a Coward and nobody care what you see
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by MosayA: 11:15am On Mar 29, 2019
The one on Port Harcourt though... Amaka why
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by adegeye38(m): 11:16am On Mar 29, 2019
NNAMDIII:
Africans don really suffer, just look at how those colonial masters dey whine them my great grand fathers...... Thank God we gained independence, though I'm nor enjoying democracy because of this stupid APC people
We were way much better b4 independence, d only thing the British did that was selfish and evil was d al
magamation of the southern and nothern protectorate
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by SuperIgbo1(m): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2019
Bede2u:
We had leaders b4 tragedy struck and other nigerians fought us

Michael Okpara, a civilian leader could have led the Biafran breakaway state not Ojuwku.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by Wadosky(m): 11:21am On Mar 29, 2019
Nobody is talking about how people were so orderly in 1984.
Military rule is better than civilian rule.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by GreatrAnalyst: 11:22am On Mar 29, 2019
Almost everyone cursing the colonial masters.
I don't get it.
What Nigerians have done to themselves is worse that what British ever did to Nigeria.

Someone said you are not a failure until you blame others for your predicament.
Nigeria can't even compare to Ghana, and I doubt if they blame those who granted them independence like it is done here.
If British still hold the rein in Nigeria till today, I believe it would have been better than it is today.
So called Nigerian leaders are the errors which happened to the country.

In as much as freedom, independence is cool and good, it comes with much more accountability and management,which the country has failed in all fronts, and still failing. Colonial Masters are not the reason corruption is dealing a bad blow to Nigeria, neither the reason why justice system is selectively handicapped.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by cyrilamx(m): 11:25am On Mar 29, 2019
flowx:
. Imagine those four men can not strangle that white man to death and run away... Abi white men too they use jass on them ni.
Should they do it, one of them will still betray the others to the Whiteman obviously for either morsel of bread or jealousy

1 Like

Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by DerideGull(m): 11:25am On Mar 29, 2019
Bede2u:
I rep the east

Please use the capitalized "Rep" to actually denote correct term.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by BISIXCLUSIVE: 11:30am On Mar 29, 2019
Our forefather's don suffer shaiii, see as dem dey transport human been like them, mehnnn I pity them oooo.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by rampantlover: 11:33am On Mar 29, 2019
Omeizadean:

Ode ni e! Whats topnotch about Ghanaian diction? With their phoney pronunciation as if hot yam dey burn their mouth. Did Uk ever pronounced 'her, doctor, work etc the way ghanaians do? Oloshi.

Imagine pronouncing a word like pursue as porshoe. Fooooolish Nigerians
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by DerideGull(m): 11:35am On Mar 29, 2019
ruggedtimi:
Ojukwu would have been one of the longest serving leaders if biafria had seceded and maybe his son will take over

He would have been the longest serving leader if things were moving as planed. As for his son(s) to take over, I guess would have been stretch considering the majority of the subjects are Igbo.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by OyinO: 11:36am On Mar 29, 2019
This is what our parents and imperial church and mosque domestic capitalists want us to be forever. Thanks for this epic and expository post. You made my day. Tufiaaaaaa! Chaaaaaaaai
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by franzis(m): 11:37am On Mar 29, 2019
Ikorodu road has been so messed up , see as road fine before
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by jaxxy(m): 11:37am On Mar 29, 2019
I’m not speechless pls. The become what u want based on Ure actions and that’s just that.
Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by Bashir75: 11:38am On Mar 29, 2019
Angrymode:
This pic is the one that touched me the most especially when I think of today's slaying dress codes lipsrsealed

Beautiful

1 Like

Re: These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless by musicwriter(m): 11:42am On Mar 29, 2019
NNAMDIII:

Even the election rigging, they taught us as well. As far back as 1927 in Liberia, 15,000 people were accredited in a presidential election. But do you know how many people voted? 240,000 people voted on paper!!. It was like that because the winner, a Charles King was the favored choice of the colonial powers.

The same thing was repeated in Nigeria and other European colonies. An aged remorseful former British colonial officer named Harold Smith, towards the end of his life granted interview to media houses in which he explained how Britain began rigging election and imposing a particular region of Nigeria as the rulers.

Fela captured it in his song ''teacher don't teach me nonsense'' even in the early days.

''Which kind election be dis?
People no go vote
Dem come get big big numbers
Thousands to thousands
Millions to billions
Which kind election be dis?
Boba la nonsense
Na dem-o-cr-azy be the deal''

He continues............

''Democrazy
DEMO-CRAZY
Crazy demo
Demonstration of craze
Crazy demonstration
If it no be craze
Why for Afrika?
As time dey go
Things just dey bad
They bad more and more
Poor man dey cry
Rich man dey mess
Demo-crazy
Democrazy
Crazy demo
Demonstration of craze
Crazy demonstration''

So, if you check history you'll discover the colonialists stand at the origin of our problems. But, of course, this does not mean I blame them for our own inability to find our way out of the mess.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yusuf Datti Storms Sokoto (Photos) / Ojone Ocholi With Her Family Before Their Death (Photos) / Any Rerun Election Should Be Between Atiku And I - Tinubu Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.