Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,163 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? (995 Views)

How I Was Forced To Announce Okorocha Winner Of Senate Seat – INEC REC / Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader / Residence Of Senate President Blocked This Morning (pics/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by Binikingdowm: 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
As I went to mission road in Benin city, Edo state. I can't help but notice how the Igbos are different from other people making a living here.

I saw Hausa men begging along the major roads

I saw Yoruba women and children selling agbo

I saw the Igbos counting money in their respective shops.

So I was wondering, the Hausa and Yoruba have been ruling Nigeria ever since, what's the benefit of it if their people are still suffering?

No matter how hard the economy is you'll never see an Igbo man shinning shoes, opening gates or begging.

Igbos don't need any federal position to succeed in this Nigeria..
APC always playing politics of disunity thinking they can spite igbos with it and the Yoruba people are falling for it forgetting they are Southerners and will surely need each other when the time comes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by amaniro: 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2019
Igbos are very independent people. That's why they never had a "Leader" since history. Because they don't necessarily need one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by slivertongue: 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2019
SP is of no use 2d common man, d elites collect dese positions 2mortage d rites of d ple. 1999-2007 brought no dividends

1 Like

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by ceejee(m): 8:51pm On Mar 28, 2019
The truth is political appointments favour only those appointed and their families. The only thing that will favour d masses is good governance. it will benefit all irrespective of tribe and religion. But it's unfortunate that d masses have chosen slavery above freedom from poverty. If u make greedy politicians like Rochas, Tinubu, Amaechi, Akpabio, Elrufai , Bode George etc, president of Nigerian, poverty and crime will continue to increase in d society. these so call political elites are only good in playing politics. they care nothing about good governance and economic development. it's disheartening to say that d masses are ignorant and there is nothing to suggest that they will improve.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by Oxb90: 9:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
What the Igbos need is just an enabling environment to do their business. They are very patient and also prudent. That's some of the reasons they are not liked by other tribes.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by Oxb90: 9:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
Binikingdowm:
As I went to mission road in Benin city, Edo state. I can't help but notice how the Igbos are different from other people making a living here.

So I was wondering, the Hausa and Yoruba have been ruling Nigeria ever since, what's the benefit of it if their people are still suffering?

No matter how hard the economy is you'll never see an Igbo man shinning shoes, opening gates or begging.

APC always playing politics of disunity thinking they can spite igbos with it and the Yoruba people are falling for it forgetting they are Southerners and will surely need each other when the time comes
men
you are very observant

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by babyfaceafrica: 9:06pm On Mar 28, 2019
OK
Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by Oxb90: 9:06pm On Mar 28, 2019
ceejee:
The truth is political appointments favour only those appointed and their families. The only thing that will favour d masses is good governance. it will benefit all irrespective of tribe and religion. But it's unfortunate that d masses have chosen slavery above freedom from poverty. If u make greedy politicians like Rochas, Tinubu, Amaechi, Akpabio, Elrufai , Bode George etc, president of Nigerian, poverty and crime will continue to increase in d society. these so call political elites are only good in playing politics. they care nothing about good governance and economic development. it's disheartening to say that d masses are ignorant and there is nothing to suggest that they will improve.
you get sense abeg

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by raumdeuter: 9:10pm On Mar 28, 2019
This Senate president dey pain oo

What is the benefit of Vice President wey you wan kill unasef for Obigot

7 Likes

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by richidinho(m): 9:11pm On Mar 28, 2019
From Evans enwerem to chuba okadigbo to Pius Anyim to Adolphus Wabara to Ken Nnamani

Are they not igbos?

what did they do for the easterners that was so special

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by LoveMachine(m): 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2019
The only people who care about federal slots are politicians, ethnic guard dog groups and people who can get contracts. The average person doesn't care as shown by the low voter turnout.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by Nwadiuto247: 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2019
Binikingdowm:

Dont mind the APC foolsss they dont understand that we have a different mindset. Let them be deceiving themselves with their one basket talk about igbos

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by BaaleOko: 10:47pm On Mar 28, 2019
raumdeuter:
This Senate president dey pain oo

What is the benefit of Vice President wey you wan kill unasef for Obigot
No ethnic group has held that Senate President position more than Igbos if history is anything to reckon with, yet how has that benefited the average Igbo man? If Emeka or Chidi becomes SP, all the proceeds and wealth will go to his immediate family...mine will not get a penny from him, so why should I worry myself over something that won't personally enrich my pocket? because the so called SP happens to come from my ethnic group?? How has Osinbanjo been VP directly made your life any better beyond mere bragging rights??What you clowns are forgetting is that Igbos never expected anything from these government (well except the delusional ones), we long made our political bed...and are now graciously lying in it. At the end, politics na turn by turn, we enjoyed under Jonathan's government, na it's the time for Aboki to enjoy, and yorubas to enjoy the crumbs as usual...next time it will be the turn of the SE/SS...and woe betide anybody that complains.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 28, 2019
Tell Igbo senators not to aspire for it since it doesn't benefit you.

The way these lowlife Igbo dunderheads constitute nuisance on the internet telling us what Igbos want and what they don't amaze me. You think a nonentity like you have the right to tell every Igbo man not to aspire to be president or senate president because it does not benefit you?

And for the hate induced gibberish you typed up there, there are Yorubas, hausas, ijaws, tivs etc that count money in their shop too. There are igbos that beg for food too. I see them in bus stops and on social media everyday.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by amaniro: 11:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
schoolboij:
Tell Igbo senators not to aspire for it since it doesn't benefit you.

The way these lowlife Igbo dunderheads constitute nuisance on the internet telling us what Igbos want and what they don't amaze me. You think a nonentity like you have the right to tell every Igbo man not to aspire to be president or senate president because it does not benefit you?

And for the hate induced gibberish you typed up there, there are Yorubas, hausas, ijaws, tivs etc that count money in their shop too. There are igbos that beg for food too. I see them in bus stops and on social media everyday.

Since my existence as human being. I've never seen An Igbo person beg with bow or plate moving from shops to shop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by donphiilopus(m): 11:29pm On Mar 28, 2019
amaniro:

Since my existence as human being. I've never seen An Igbo person beg with bow or plate moving from shops to shop.

A 30 year-old-woman, Chinyere Onuara, has been nabbed for pretending to be blind and receiving alms from unsuspecting members of the public.

Speaking with newsmen at the Ondo State Correctional Home in Akure where she was held in custody, Chinyere claimed to have left Ebonyi for Akure few weeks ago to assist a blind friend to collect arms but the deal did not sail through on getting to the Ondo state capital.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/02/11/fake-blind-beggar-arrested-ondo/amp/

I hate ethnic bigotry but your chest beating is getting much. Is that fake beggar also a Fulani or Hausa woman?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by Herdsmen: 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2019
Bragging rights...

political superiority

Respect..

Etc....

Igbos have made dia choice and are not regretting...and will repeat same..if opportunity comes up a billion times..

Why?

Simply because they're independent Republicans..that don't depend on government handouts to survive..

Igbo man ..first priority is himself and immediate family..he works hard to build....without waiting for government.. government can't and is not enough for an average igboman...na why the hustling spirit is so high..

Anambra for example have very civil servants and more graduate turn successful bussimen..
How much is the civil servants being paid?

But some of our sister states are so comfortable with civil servant job..and can even raise family with it..

Igbos don't...they want good life not condition by someone called government... They don't want regulations in life or limitations..

They're out to blow and make legitimate hustle ...

People Mock gala seller's..2*2 shops..without knowing..the spirit of an igbo man...gala seller after 2 years progresses..we ve seen testimonies online..alot.

An average igbo man..want to built his house ..
Become president in it..
Wife vice president
Become his minister of power with his Milano gen..
Or any gen affordable..
Become his minister of agriculture...and handle other ministriea as he chose..

An igbo man I his own government..

Now understand why sSp or any political post doesn't add value to igbos.

They will vote you ..and bounce.. expecting nothing

2 Likes

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by amaniro: 11:31pm On Mar 28, 2019
donphiilopus:

A 30 year-old-woman, Chinyere Onuara, has been nabbed for pretending to be blind and receiving alms from unsuspecting members of the public.

Speaking with newsmen at the Ondo State Correctional Home in Akure where she was held in custody, Chinyere claimed to have left Ebonyi for Akure few weeks ago to assist a blind friend to collect arms but the deal did not sail through on getting to the Ondo state capital.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/02/11/fake-blind-beggar-arrested-ondo/amp/

I hate ethnic bigotry but your chest beating is getting much. Is that fake beggar also a Fulani or Hausa woman?

She's a lazy fraud. You can't use one to describe all its not synedoche.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by SuperIgbo1(m): 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2019
Stop patronizing the Igbos, you Bini clown.

1 Like

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by id4sho(m): 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2019
Binikingdowm:

Igbo Man is known for being boastful and prideful.
When there are many igbo shoe cobblers, blind beggars doing all forms of dirty menial jobs .I've lived in the east (Anambra) and have toured the region. SE has the highest rate of mad people roaming the streets as a result of human rituals for wealth and all sort of abandoned mansions due to ill gotten wealth.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by id4sho(m): 11:42pm On Mar 28, 2019
amaniro:

Go to Amambra and Ebonyi State

1 Like

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by Westtimeline: 12:18am On Mar 29, 2019
richidinho:
From Evans enwerem to chuba okadigbo to Pius Anyim to Adolphus Wabara to Ken Nnamani

Are they not igbos?

what did they do for the easterners that was so special
Lol, maybe they are ugandan grin.
Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by Westtimeline: 12:20am On Mar 29, 2019
id4sho:

When there are many igbo shoe cobblers, blind beggars doing all forms of dirty menial jobs .I've lived in the east (Anambra) and have toured the region. SE has the highest rate of mad people roaming the streets as a result of human rituals for wealth and all sort of abandoned mansions due to ill gotten wealth.
Allow them to keep deceiving themselves here.

1 Like

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by gidgiddy: 12:20am On Mar 29, 2019
In Nigeria, there have been at least 6 Igbo Senate presidents. Igbos already know that there is nothing to the office of Senate president to write home about. Senate president only benefits the Senate president and his cronies, so Igbos generally don't care about that position

The only people who keep making noise about another Igbo Senate president are the few Igbo APC senators and their cronies

The vast majority of the Igbo populace don't give a damn about the office of Senate president, it is not what will put food on the table tomorrow morning

1 Like

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by Westtimeline: 12:31am On Mar 29, 2019
amaniro:

Then you are not in this world

1 Like

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by realstars: 12:46am On Mar 29, 2019
Leave alone die alone, if you look for me I look for you, a tree cannot make a forest, the northners only think of leaving alone and doping our right, one day we shall be free.
Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by oilPUSSY(f): 12:49am On Mar 29, 2019
id4sho:

When there are many igbo shoe cobblers, blind beggars doing all forms of dirty menial jobs .I've lived in the east (Anambra) and have toured the region. SE has the highest rate of mad people roaming the streets as a result of human rituals for wealth and all sort of abandoned mansions due to ill gotten wealth .

@ the bolded .. Lies from pit of hell. Stop using reverse psychology. The reverse is the case.
We know the region that has the highest number of lunatics in Nigeria due to so many rituals going on.

Wait till evening,...A thread about people caught with human skulls or private parts harvesters will be on nairaland FP. Just be patient and wait for such thread. It's a matter of hours and It's inevitable.
Meanwhile the person you quoted is not Igbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by MetaPhysical: 2:00am On Mar 29, 2019
amaniro:
Igbos are very independent people. That's why they never had a "Leader" since history. Because they don't necessarily need one.

Anyone that does not know how to live under authority of another will never know how to lead others when put on the seat of authority.

1 Like

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by dokie: 2:18am On Mar 29, 2019
donphiilopus:

So rare it had to make the news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by Boomark(m): 2:43am On Mar 29, 2019
donphiilopus:

So with your chest beating outburst you think you made sense? Abi you don't know the difference between a real begger and a fraudster? Stick with the context of the discussion.

1 Like

Re: What's The Benefit Of Senate President To South East? by ican2020: 5:48am On Mar 29, 2019
who senate president helped, apart from the occupant

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Lied On Fulanisation Agenda – Shehu Sani / Buhari Visits Imo State, Commissions Cargo Airport And Other Projects / Accept Ruga!We Have No Plan To Install Emirs In Your Cities-MURIC To Southerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.