Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,035 members, 7,845,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" (33880 Views)

Lionel Messi Surprises Staff At A Shopping Centre In Argentina (pictures) / Messi: My Son Winds Me Up With Liverpool Jibe / Lionel Messi: "My Son Thiago Criticises Me After A Bad Game" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by generationz(f): 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2019
Some people will just carry all the frustrations of their own failures and their jealousy of your success waiting for you to fail.

Then they will descend on you with contempt. You'll be left wondering where all the accolades went
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2019
isnt it obvious?!?!?!?! duh!

Messi should have simply replied to his son:" son, i am a superstar with Barca and win all the trophies with them, but i am USELESS with the national team of Argentina and have never won any worthy trophy with them, unlike what Maradona did"

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by ObaKlaz: 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
[s]Because you play better for Barcelona

you don't replicate what you do for your club once you wear an Argentine jersey ..

You are not the goat..

You are just a fraud..

Leave Barcelona and proof yourself[/s]
You suck.
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Uniportadmision: 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2019
The goat grin

Keke for sale in port Harcourt.
Very sound engine, buy and drive.
0.8.0.3526.0634 call or whatsapp

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Goalnaldo(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2019
He is a goat.who wouldn't want a goat meat pepper soup.they should just kill him jor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by 8stargeneral: 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2019
Cry kee,u go still cry again cry
kenzysmith:
Am not a bacerlona fan but a manutd fan buh i have this kind of love for messi character he hardly speak even when he is critize sometime i wonder y he does not react when he is been push to the wall. Then i came across this words twitter u will never be critize by the people doing better than u, buh the once do less. messi for the fact u took argetina to the world cup final and u also took them to two copa america finals back to back and also their record goal scorer, you have my respect i cry the day argertina lost the 2014 world cup final.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Debaks1: 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
Because you play better for Barcelona

you don't replicate what you do for your club once you wear an Argentine jersey ..

You are not the goat..

You are just a fraud..

Leave Barcelona and proof yourself
because that elsewhere na human skull they take do the ball or na cement dem dey play ontop....if that's the qualifications to be a goat then the likes of Ibrahimovich, eto, Henry, kanu are the greatest footballers on the planet.
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by coolh3ad(m): 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2019
kenzysmith:
Am not a bacerlona fan but a manutd fan buh i have this kind of love for messi character he hardly speak even when he is critize sometime i wonder y he does not react when he is been push to the wall. Then i came across this words twitter u will never be critize by the people doing better than u, buh the once do less. messi for the fact u took argetina to the world cup final and u also took them to two copa america finals back to back and also their record goal scorer, you have my respect i cry the day argertina lost the 2014 world cup final.

My Brother. I bin dey think say I am the Only Man Utd Fan and also a lover of Messi...People around me see me as a different person when it comes to football ontop this "Being a Man Utd Fan and a Lover of Messi too"....No matter what sha my 100 percent respect and "hailing" goes to King "Lion" Messi....#AnydayAnytime#

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by kizmoney(m): 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2019
MJBOLT:
they want to kill you because they expect you to score goals,provide assists,defend and act as the goalkeeper at the same time.

Ungrateful bastards

He did it with Barcelona and he should also do it with national

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by prodigyhenry: 9:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

You are not the goat..

You are just a fraud..

Messi doesn't need to leave barca to prove himself. Barca is not a football club to Messi it's his family, without barca he won't even have a football career to start with. They took him when he was totally untried, paid for his treatment in millions, even when they were not sure he would be a good footballer let alone a great one. They housed him provided for him and gave him a family and he felt at home. Now you'd be an ungrateful bastard if you decide to leave such club when you finally become the best footballer on earth just so you can prove to one fool that never contributed a dime to your career.

Besides if he leaves barca what team does he want to go sef, he has beaten all the best teams from around Europe.. so what exactly does he need to prove

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Naijastar001: 9:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
safarigirl:
Thankfully, Ronaldo's son doesn't have to ask him this question about Portugal grin

CR7 gets love everywhere he plays.

Because portugal have no history. There is nothing in their history so their fans don't feel entitled. If they lose they don't crucify them. To whom much is given much is expected

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by 8stargeneral: 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2019
Tell him dat ur incompetent in national team tongue.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by safarigirl(f): 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
Naijastar001:

Because portugal have no history. There is nothing in their history so their fans don't feel entitled. If they lose they don't crucify them. To whom much is given much is expected
OK
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Naijastar001: 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
lilbest4:
Argentina failure is not the fault of one man but tell your dogs to stop the Higuain crucifixion
He must be crucified. He is a saboteur.
Missed 1v1 in 2014 Final
Missed 1v1 in 2015 final and missed penalty too
Missed 1v1 in 2016 final too.
Na only him waka come? He is cursed.
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Justinba1997(m): 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
cr7lomo:
Tell him that u are a failure for country unlike Ronaldo ur everlasting rival... but nairaland biased fans will say he is the greatest... greatest that they insult in Argentina...
d Thing U Dnt Understand Is Every Great Man Ave Is Own Challenges Dats Is Own Chanllenges,dats Why Dy Say Challenges Is D Food Of The Champions.
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by greggng: 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2019
fatenite:
i dont like what i hate. This dwarf deserve that from his fellow country men, because they cant bear it seeing him winning with club side but down home he cant proof his worth. Is that not enough for them to crucify him Charity they say begin at home

People like you didn't not even win felele in their time.. but you are here talking about a football legend...calling him dwarf while as giant like you is ant before him
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Naijastar001: 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

You are not the goat..

You are just a fraud..

Why can't he prove himself in barcelona? Why must he leave barcelona to prove himself. Is it table-tennis they are playing in barcelona? Your ronaldo will chop bench in barcelona
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Chukwunadindu: 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2019
Your success was on the sideline when his team defeated France. But you guys will always say his the goat. He should have replicated that form last year.

cr7lomo:
Tell him that u are a failure for country unlike Ronaldo ur everlasting rival... but nairaland biased fans will say he is the greatest... greatest that they insult in Argentina...
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Corrosiveman(m): 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
Messi have tried for Argentina
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2019
Justinba1997:
d Thing U Dnt Understand Is Every Great Man Ave Is Own Challenges Dats Is Own Chanllenges,dats Why Dy Say Challenges Is D Food Of The Champions.
nice talks bro but messi dog's don't see any fault in him cause they claim he his from another planet and in Argentina they are also hoping the alien they claim he his should be able to keep them happy as he does in Barça so I don't blame them if he was to be a Nigerian we will do same.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by mistercharles: 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
Prophets are rarely welcomed in their place
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by TruthHurts100: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2019
Sportdab:
Barcelona Superstar Lionel Messi has claimed son Thiago asked him why fans in Argentina crucify him after his latest setback, MySportDab reports.

31-year-old Messi returned to the Argentina squad for last week's friendlies against Venezuela and Morroco, but suffered an injury and returned to Barcelona.

Messi played the full 90 minutes of Argentina's 3-1 defeat at home to Venezuela last Friday, but a groin issue meant he had to sit out Tuesday's 1-0 win over Morroco.

The five-time Ballon d'Or winnerhas often been made a scapegoat in his homeland for the national team's recent failures.

Messi's relationship with the South American media has always been fractious and he even announced his retirement from international duty in 2015 but reversed his decision.

During an interview with Argentinian radio show Club Octubre 94.7 FM this week, Messi has revealed that he finds the criticism "hard" and that his son has even picked upon the negative comments swirling in the media.

"It is hard, my son is always looking on YouTube and saw a video," he began.

"He asked me why in Argentina they want to kill me!

"But I like to keep going. I still want to win something with the national team. I am going to play all the important games. We already reached a World Cup final [in 2014] and this is not that easy."

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/03/lionel-messi-son-asks-why-they-crucify.html

How old is your son?
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2019
Naijastar001:

He must be crucified. He is a saboteur.
Missed 1v1 in 2014 Final
Missed 1v1 in 2015 final and missed penalty too
Missed 1v1 in 2016 final too.
Na only him waka come? He is cursed.
Messi also missed 1v1 in 2014 final and missed a penalty too in Copa America
I've watched the so called Copa America Higuain's miss it was a rather bad pass from Lavezzi who couldn't decide whether to shoot or pass on time.

Giroud as a CF didn't have a single shot on target in 2018 world cup did Griezman and Mbappe used that as an excuse to bottle the final?

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Timoleon(m): 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2019
prodigyhenry:

Messi doesn't need to leave barca to prove himself. Barca is not a football club to Messi it's his family, without barca he won't even have a football career to start with. They took him when he was totally untried, paid for his treatment in millions, even when they were not sure he would be a good footballer let alone a great one. They housed him provided for him and gave him a family and he felt at home. Now you'd be an ungrateful bastard if you decide to leave such club when you finally become the best footballer on earth just so you can prove to one fool that never contributed a dime to your career.

Besides if he leaves barca what team does he want to go sef, he has beaten all the best teams from around Europe.. so what exactly does he need to prove

Guess what? messi is possibly the greatest footballer that would ever live... he deserves a lot of respect for his contribution to football, sports and the entire world generally. However do not peddle lies in the name of being a fan. Messi was already a great player before barca took him to Spain. he was already signed to a professional football club even though it was not a professional contract due mainly to his age and not his abilities as a footballer. As of today, New wells old boys still play in the premier division of Argentine football league. All his coaches as a kid always said that they knew he was a special player and from time to time we still hear reports of a possible return to new wells old boys.

if you respect messi, that's well deserved. stop with the lies. No training can create a messi... Barcelona didn't train messi to be what he is. They gave the world a better platform to SEE who he is.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by VikthorChapman(m): 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2019
Messi has given Argentina everything in his capacity, he has carried the team on his shoulder times without numbers, him not winning any championship with Argentina does not reduce him. Do you expect him to do all the work in the field for 90 minutes or do you expect him score the goals, defend, make the passes and be on the goalpost for Argentinato win something, he has done his bit, football is a collective game, you don't single out a player because he's doing better at club level than national side. Truth is Argentina don't know what they have until he hangs his boots.
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by prodigyhenry: 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2019
Timoleon:

Guess what? messi is possibly the greatest footballer that would ever live... he deserves a lot of respect for his contribution to football, sports and the entire world generally. However do not peddle lies in the name of being a fan. Messi was already a great player before barca took him to Spain. he was already signed to a professional football club even though it was not a professional contract due mainly to his age and not his abilities as a footballer. As of today, New wells old boys still play in the premier division of Argentine football league. All his coaches as a kid always said that they knew he was a special player and from time to time we still hear reports of a possible return to new wells old boys.

if you respect messi, that's well deserved. stop with the lies. No training can create a messi... Barcelona didn't train messi to be what he is. They gave the world a better platform to SEE who he is.

Please how was a 13 year old a great player.. educate me please. What he had was prospect same with thousands of other players his age.. should we start listing players who even in their 20s were doing great but fizzled out afterwards. Let alone a 13 year old boy with growth deficiency. Barca took a very huge risk with Messi. A risk that only few clubs were willing to take.. just because his coaches said they knew he would be great does that mean he would certainly be great?. Or what would they even say before self. Would they say they thought he would never be successful?.. Just admit that barca took a risk on Messi and it paid off.. and did I even say barca trained Messi. Please go back and read my initial comment. I said they gave him a home, and family you missed the whole message in your hastiness calm down and drink some water.

P.s having a professional career at age 13 isn't as big a deal as you made it sound. At least 80℅. Of footballers in Europe has professional contracts at age 8. Even those that are average players
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Keshe50: 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2019
lilbest4:
I've watched the so called Copa America Higuain's miss it was a rather bad pass from Lavezzi who couldn't decide whether to shoot or pass on time.

Giroud as a CF didn't have a single shot on target in 2018 world cup did Griezman and Mbappe used that as an excuse to bottle the final?

no mind dose messi fans..they always look 4 excuse always

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Justinba1997(m): 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2019
What You Dis Ronaldo Zombies Do Nt No Is Dat,messi Played Under 20world Cup Won It And Was Giving The Golden Ball Which Roanaldo Ave No Hope Of Wining For Portugal Again,same Messi Played In Olympic Won It Which Roaldo Ave No Hope Of Wining Again In His Life,same Messi Played In World Cup Final Won A World Cup Medal And Was Giving The Golden Ball And Silver Boot, Which Ronaldo We Nt Dream Of Reaching Talkless Of Wining The Golden Ball.Our Presindent Contested For Presindent So Many Times But Was Nt Chosen Bt He Keep On Shooting Until Luck Smile On Him,same Goes To Messi,messi Still Ave Hope Wining The Copa America For Argentina Loosing In Two Final Of Copa America Does Nt Makes Him Failure.Messi U Are One Of My Hero
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by HenryInno1(m): 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

Fool! You dey cry for Argentina, a politically and economically successful nation... have you ever even cried for Nigeria and her problems? angry

You're one of the numerous problems of our great nation!
Thunder fire you! grin
Anybody that cries bcuz of this shit country is useless
Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by ibnlawal(m): 10:49pm On Mar 29, 2019
chiboy1116:
Show me someone who has taken his country to four major international finals . U think it's easy to get there ? I don't even know why he's still with the Argentina team . It's not like he could have helped score those changes higuin missed , or the ones aguero missed , or could he have stopped the error cabelero made to give Croatia their first goal? Could he have stopped the coach from making Argentina to play a high line defence with slow defenders against players like griezman and a speed demon like kylian ? Could he haelve stopped rojo from fouling kylian in the pk box ?

Messi is a blessing to the Argentina national team , he took them to the 2018wc , without a good coach , and with unmotivated players . He literally got Argentina out of the WC group stage in 2014 . He literally took Argentina to the Copa finals in 2015 , he's their highest goalscorer and their highest assist provider . If anything they should b lucky he sticked with them after all these years of going through shit , if Argentina doesn't realise how much of a blessing this dude is to football , I don't know what else to say to them . Out of 200+ countries in the world and God choose Argentina ? They are extremely lucky .

And he did won it all right?? Mumu like you
Since the inception of world cup, there is a never a final that one of the finalist failed to muster a shot on target for 90 mins...Argentina failed to get a shot on target for 120 mins....

And here u are, sprouting nonsense. smh for u oo

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Timoleon(m): 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
prodigyhenry:

Please how was a 13 year old a great player.. educate me please. What he had was prospect same with thousands of other players his age.. should we start listing players who even in their 20s were doing great but fizzled out afterwards. Let alone a 13 year old boy with growth deficiency. Barca took a very huge risk with Messi. A risk that only few clubs were willing to take.. just because his coaches said they knew he would be great does that mean he would certainly be great?. Or what would they even say before self. Would they say they thought he would never be successful?.. Just admit that barca took a risk on Messi and it paid off.. and did I even say barca trained Messi. Please go back and read my initial comment. I said they gave him a home, and family you missed the whole message in your hastiness calm down and drink some water.

P.s having a professional career at age 13 isn't as big a deal as you made it sound. At least 80℅. Of footballers in Europe has professional contracts at age 8. Even those that are average players

like I said stop peddling lies...messi's greatness needs no lies...firstly no plays can sign a professional contract at 8...

secondly, messi was already a great footballer...in his time with new wells old boys, he had scored about 500 goals. Barcelona weren't taking much risk they knew he was a great player so much that at 14, they agreed to pay him the same wage as a Barcelona b player would earn...river plate or new wells old boys would have kept him but the crash of the Argentine economy didn't give them that opportunity.

On the issue of Barcelona financial contribution to his treatment...it wasnt as much as you put it. for an individual, its a lot but for a club like barca considering a talent like messi, its change. Messi's HGH treatments lasted for three years the first tow years were sponsored through his father:s social welfare fund and some not so much change provided by new wells old boys. The last year of the treatment was funded by barca which was about $1000 per month an average of $12000. you must agree that considering a talent like messi that's cheap.

Now I understand you are so used to peddling lies. Please when you quote me next time, point out anything I have stated in error by providing facts to the contrary. otherwise, please stop with the lies.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi:"My Son Asks Why They Crucify Me In Argentina" by Naijastar001: 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
lilbest4:

Lavezzi passed the ball perfectly, if he passed it closer the defenders would have blocked, higuian had all the time to run and reach the slow ball but he was too lazy and fat and even ended up kicking it out. He didnt even try to kick it towards the goal post.
Higuain, it is either he is cursed or he missed those chances intentionally
If ronaldo da lima had not scored when he got his chances in 2002, brazil wouldnt have won, if iniesta had not scored his chance in 2010, spain wouldnt have won, if:gotze had not scored his chance, germany wouldnt have won. Giroud did not score but he did not miss any easy chance in the final and he hustled for the team and occupied the two defenders for the other guys to score. You must pull your weight in a team, you cant be in a team and be sabotaging their efforts in every final and you will be calling yourself a world class striker, come on 1v1 you cant even make the keeper dive, you are shooting everthing off target like an old man. Mind you Messi's chance was not a 1v1. That was not a clear and easy chance to score. A german defender was covering him to the right. Even if he had shot the ball on target Neuer would have blocked it cos the angle was tight. He had to aim for the last corner cos the angle was tight and Neuer was well positioned and his shot was narrowly wide.
What about Palacio that also had 1v1 in extra time before Gotze scored and played the ball out by trying to height Neuer when the post was just in front of him.
But higuain is the major culprit. He's a collosal disappointment. He is cursed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Angola: CHAN 2018 Quarter Finals - 2 - 1 (Full Time) / Arsenal Star Aubameyang Responds To Racial Abuse From Tottenham Fan (Photo) / Stuttgart Fan Starts €900m Fundraiser In Bid To Help Club Sign Lionel Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.